So let's say you had an extra $900 lying around and you really loved science fiction shows. What DVDs would you buy?
Amazon is making your decision a little bit easier for you. They have a special bundle for sale, nine different FOX/MGM shows at 49% off. OK, it's still a little pricey at $900 (you could probably put that money toward your rent), but look at what you get: the Buffy, The Vampire Slayer Collector's Set, The Angel Collector's Set, The X-Files Ultimate Collection, all ten Stargate: SG-1 seasons and all three Stargate Atlantis seasons, all four seasons of The Pretender (plus the movies), all three seasons of Roswell, both seasons of Dark Angel, and Firefly: The Complete Series. Holy crap!
Well, this is too bad: the sci-fi show Dark Skies isn't going to be released on DVD as was originally announced.
Producer/writer Bryce Zabel announces on his blog that although The Crow multi-disc set is still on track to be released, Dark Skies won't be. He found out the news after coming home from Comic-Con. Sony has decided to cancel the release because getting the rights to the music used on the show would be too expensive.
Zabel says that he predicted this might be a problem a while ago and offered to work with Sony to get around the music somehow or use other music in certain scenes, but they never got back to him.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Report: Rush Hour TV Series In the Works from Bill Lawrence, Brett Ratner
- Yvette Nicole Brown Exits Community
- Yvonne Strahovski to Reteam With Chuck Creator on Astronaut Wives Club
- You're the Worst, Married Renewed for Second Seasons; Worst Moving to FXX
- Modern Family Sneak Peek: Did Haley Accidentally Crash Alex's College Tour?
- More From TVLine
- Paula Abdul's Fun New Dance Project Makes a Serious Point
- George Clooney Spent Millions on Wedding, But Magazine Photos Profits Go to Charity
- Sophia Bush Blasts Her 'Obsessive' and 'Violent' Online Stalker
- Michael Phelps Arrested for DUI, Issues Apology: 'I Am Deeply Sorry'
- A Restaurant in England Is Serving This Breakfast That Contains 8,000 Calories
- More From ET