An estimated 50 million viewers were watching as country crooner McCreery was revealed to be lip-syncing at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York.
Meanwhile, Alaina can now join the pantheon of singers -- yes, we mean you Christina Aguilera, Cyndia Lauper and ... um ... Scotty McCreery -- who've flubbed the national anthem on live TV.
Another year, come and gone. (Sniff, sniff)
We're thankful for a great many things (especially certain TV shows), and one of those things is the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Did you miss the show this year? If so, we have a slideshow of your favorite pop culture balloons that floated through Manhattan.
From Spongebob to Kermit, we've got you covered. We even have the Mighty Morphin Samurai Rangers. Yep, they're a thing now.
The Douglases, who have supported the nonprofit for decades, were joined at the event by LA Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, LAPD Chief Charlie Beck and celebrities including Jennifer Love Hewitt, Kim Kardashian, Blair Underwood and Zoe Saldana.
Organizers told the AP they served an estimated 3,000 lbs of turkey, 700 lbs of mashed potatoes, 800 lbs of green beans, 80 gallons of gravy and 600 pies. "What goes into this meal? A lot of love," Chef Dave Thomas told CBS Local News.
Sadly, 'Game of Thrones' creator George R.R. Martin hasn't joined the fun as he is rather Twitter-averse, but his original words have given rise to some truly hilarious, clever and, at times, just plain weird word play.
From Ned Stark's "If you would take a turkey's life, you owe it to him to look into his eyes and hear his final words," through Tyrion Lanister's "A Butterball ALWAYS pays his debts," to Jon Snow's "You baste them with the pointy end," homage is paid to all the classic 'Game of Thrones' lines. Enjoy!
So while you're toiling in the kitchen today why not jam along with Jimmy Fallon and Jason Schwartzman singing the 'Turkey Stuffing Song' on 'Late Night.'
When the Hecks head to Frankie's family's house for Thanksgiving, Janet immediately starts to use that horrible passive aggressive technique that we all hate, and we all know someone who does it. More often than not, it's a relative who masks it with love.
So it was worth it when finally Frankie stood up to her and the two had a sincere fight, airing out the grievances that have been plaguing them most likely for years. Round it out with Marsha Mason and Jerry Van Dyke as the parents, and these are recurring characters we can truly be thankful for.
'The X Factor' found an excellent way to make the hour of filler pass more speedily this week, fitting in performances from Kelly Clarkson and Bruno Mars as well as two "save me" songs and two remarkably drama-free exits.
Without further adieu, the two acts eliminated this week were ...
There's plenty to choose from -- and obviously we had to narrow it down quite a bit -- but each of us has decided on one show that makes weekly viewing and analysis fun and worthwhile, for whatever reason.
Some of us appreciate a good laugh above all, some put dramas on a pedestal, and others are into vampire dramas with a hint of Somerhalder. You get the idea.
Take a peek at our quick list, then please share your own show that makes you thankful in the comments. Gobble gobble!
But it was funny, as the gang found themselves relocating to a neighbor's apartment when their dryer turkey experiment led to a fire in their apartment. Never mind that the lady of the house was dead, it gave us time to get to know Jess' bizarre male counterpart Paul, played by Justin Long.
So was it weird seeing someone just as goofy as Jess driving the guys crazy, or do we like the idea of her finding someone like herself she can enjoy? Of course, if they're too much alike, doesn't that mean he'll soon be driving her crazy? Future episodes perhaps ...
According to NBC, Helms will be joined by Paul Simon. Helms' hosting duties align with the season finale of 'The Office' and the release of 'The Hangover 2.'
Simon's appearance on the May 14 episode will be his eighth on the 'SNL' stage. Tina Fey will host the May 7 show and Justin Timberlake will close out the season on May 21.
In other TV news ...
• 'Chase' star Kelli Giddish has booked a two-episode guest role on 'The Good Wife.' Giddish will play an investigator and former colleague of Kalinda. The role could extend to season 3 (if/when CBS picks up the show). [TVLine]
• When 'The Real L Word' returns to Showtime for season 2, expect it to look a whole lot different. Only Whitney from season 1 is still with the cast. Joining Whitney is Claire, an aspiring magazine publisher; Claire's ex, Francine, a business executive; fashion designer Romi; couple Cori & Kasey and activist Sajdah. Season 2 premieres June 5. [Entertainment Weekly]
• Coco, wife of 'Law & Order: SVU' actor/rapper Ice-T, is getting her own E! reality show. In November, the New York Post reported seeing Ice and Coco filming, but new details indicate Coco will be the focus. [TMZ]
'A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving' -- While many folks believe the upcoming 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' is the quintessential Peanuts holiday special, my personal tastes tend towards 'A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.' If only for the fact that a Thanksgiving dinner comprised of popcorn and toast piqued my childhood interest.
As Thanksgiving approaches, we're all reminded to take a step back and appreciate the things in our lives we're most grateful for. We're also reminded of how someone should really stop Aunt Maude from pouring that third glass of chardonnay -- but mostly we're reminded of the good stuff.
In the spirit of the holiday, the TV Squad staff has plenty of television-related thanks to give this year. Read on for our choices -- you might even pick up some suggestions for your annual post-turkey "I'm so full I can't leave this couch" TV marathon tomorrow.
Ice-T has a very simple request: Give his 'Law & Order: SVU' character, Det. Odafin "Fin" Tutuola, a home.
"I would like to find out where I live," the rapper/actor told AOL TV Squad. "I don't have a car." Ice-T has been on the series since 2000, but many aspects of his character's life remain a mystery. Viewers know Fin has a son and a troubled nephew, but that's pretty much it. The character has seen his fair share of love interests, busted dozens of rapists and dealt with crooked cops.
The actor sat down for an exclusive chat after a screening and panel discussion of 'Gray,' the Nov. 17 episode of 'SVU,' and opened up about his holiday traditions, guest stars he'd love to see and what's in store for Fin this season.
We're not saying there's anything wrong with your family ... you're probably looking very much forward to spending another long, long, loooong Thanksgiving Day with your relatives. Right? Or maybe not. But whether your own folks are delightful or dysfunctional, we bet you'll agree that these TV families would make great Turkey Day hosts ...
Last week, the stars of the Food Network gathered to celebrate the unveiling of the holiday windows at Barney's New York. The theme this year was "Have a Foodie Holiday," and the tableaus included caricatures of food icons like Bobby Flay, Paula Deen, Emeril Lagasse, Mario Batali and more.
TV Squad was on hand to ask the Food Network stars what killer Thanksgiving side dish they were cooking this year. Plus, they revealed which chef they'd ask to cook their holiday meal.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 10: Semifinals Part 1 Performance Rankings
- Oscar-Nominated Actor Gary Busey Joins 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 21
- 'Scream' Season 1 Finale Recap: Who is the Killer?
- The 14 Best Sidekicks on TV Right Now
- 'America's Got Talent' Recap: The Semifinals Get Underway
- More From BuddyTV
- Gary Busey Joins Dancing With the Stars — See His Over-the-Top Announcement
- Scream EP Talks [Spoiler]'s Surprising Accomplice, Possible Season 2 Returns
- Scream's Killer Talks 'Awesome' Finale Reveal — Plus: Grade the Episode
- NBC Eyes Modern Brides of Dracula Drama from Greg Berlanti, Glee Vet
- Report: Game of Thrones Snags Borgias Vet for Pivotal Season 6 Role
- More From TVLine
- Kylie Jenner Dyes Her Hair 'Dirty Blonde,' Also Gets New Piercing
- Andrew Garfield on Exploring Fatherhood: 'Exciting, Daunting and Scary'
- EXCLUSIVE: Mark Wahlberg Helps a Friend Squeeze Into Skinny Jeans on 'Wahlburgers' Finale
- Naomi Campbell Shows Off Amazing Bikini Bod at 45
- Taylor Swift's 'Wildest Dreams' Video Under Fire for Its 'Glamorous White Colonial Fantasy'
- More From ET