October 31, 2014
by Annie Wu, posted Aug 15th 2008 8:04AM
After years of reaching US audiences as only a series of forwarded video clips and teh internetz, the original Channel 4 British sitcom The IT Crowd is finally coming to American TV. The IFC Channel has picked up the series and will begin airing it September 29.
I had to make an extra point to specify that this is the UK IT Crowd and not the NBC remake starring original cast member Richard Ayoade and Joel McHale. No, no, that project is still dead. As much as I love Ayoade and McHale, I couldn't help but feel a little relieved that the show didn't take off. I'd rather get my fix from Garth Marenghi's Darkplace and The Soup than see them attempt to tip-toe through that dangerous territory of American remakes.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Project Runway: All Stars' Season 4 Premiere: Ranking the Looks of 'Made in Manhattan'
- Halloween Scarefest: Your Guide to Finding the Perfect Spooky TV and Movie Marathon
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from 'An Innocent Man'
- 'Bachelor' Roundup: No TV Wedding for Chris and Des, Juan Pablo's Odd Message for Nikki and More
- 'Scandal' Episode 4.8 Photos: Olivia in White
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Bones Bopped by Big Bang, Elementary Premiere Down, A to Z falls
- CBS' Supergirl Casting Jimmy Olsen, Cat Grant and Others
- Constantine's Matt Ryan Talks Meeting Zed, Losing His Clothes and Reuniting the Newcastle Crew
- Once Upon a Time Sneak Peek: Will Belle Betray Rumplestiltskin?
- The Colbert Report's End Date Revealed
- More From TVLine
- Jake Gyllenhaal's Embarrassing Halloween Costumes Make Him Even Cuter
- Teresa Giudice's Teen Daughter Releases Scandalous Music Video, But Did It Really Cost $10K?
- Chelsea Handler Slams Instagram for Removing Her Topless Photo
- Is Jessica Biel Pregnant? New Tweet Fuels Baby Rumors
- How Long Will Robert Downey Jr. Play Iron Man?
- More From ET