July 1, 2015
by Annie Wu, posted Aug 15th 2008 8:04AM
After years of reaching US audiences as only a series of forwarded video clips and teh internetz, the original Channel 4 British sitcom The IT Crowd is finally coming to American TV. The IFC Channel has picked up the series and will begin airing it September 29.
I had to make an extra point to specify that this is the UK IT Crowd and not the NBC remake starring original cast member Richard Ayoade and Joel McHale. No, no, that project is still dead. As much as I love Ayoade and McHale, I couldn't help but feel a little relieved that the show didn't take off. I'd rather get my fix from Garth Marenghi's Darkplace and The Soup than see them attempt to tip-toe through that dangerous territory of American remakes.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner's Guide To Getting Back Out There After Their 10-Year Marriage
- Jennie Garth Shows Off Her Giant New Rose Tattoo in a Bikini
- Brandi Glanville Talks Playing the Villain on 'Real Housewives,' Reveals Her Salary
- Beyonce Celebrates Marriage Equality in a Rainbow Bikini -- Watch the Colorful Video!
- Kylie Jenner Moves Into Her $2.7 Million Mansion That Exists to Make You Feel Bad About Your Life
- More From ET