September 21, 2014
by Annie Wu, posted Aug 15th 2008 8:04AM
After years of reaching US audiences as only a series of forwarded video clips and teh internetz, the original Channel 4 British sitcom The IT Crowd is finally coming to American TV. The IFC Channel has picked up the series and will begin airing it September 29.
I had to make an extra point to specify that this is the UK IT Crowd and not the NBC remake starring original cast member Richard Ayoade and Joel McHale. No, no, that project is still dead. As much as I love Ayoade and McHale, I couldn't help but feel a little relieved that the show didn't take off. I'd rather get my fix from Garth Marenghi's Darkplace and The Soup than see them attempt to tip-toe through that dangerous territory of American remakes.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey' Recap: The Twins Get Angry After Dina Reveals Some Gossip
- Meet The Master of 'The Strain': Robin Atkin Downes on How He Came Up with the Distinct Voice
- 'Madam Secretary' Review: A New Political Drama with Plenty of Potential
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.2 Photos: NFL Star Tony Gonzalez Guest Stars
- 'The Strain' Season 1 Episode Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- Madam Secretary: Will You Keep the CBS Drama in Office?
- True Detective: Colin Farrell Reportedly Confirms Season 2 Role
- Quotes of the Week from Girl Meets World, Sons of Anarchy, Mindy and More
- Can S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Brilliance Trump HYDRA's Magnificence? Lucy Lawless Previews the Season 2 Opener
- Outlander Post Mortem: Sam Heughan Bares All About the Wedding Night
- More From TVLine