August 1, 2015
by Annie Wu, posted Aug 15th 2008 8:04AM
After years of reaching US audiences as only a series of forwarded video clips and teh internetz, the original Channel 4 British sitcom The IT Crowd is finally coming to American TV. The IFC Channel has picked up the series and will begin airing it September 29.
I had to make an extra point to specify that this is the UK IT Crowd and not the NBC remake starring original cast member Richard Ayoade and Joel McHale. No, no, that project is still dead. As much as I love Ayoade and McHale, I couldn't help but feel a little relieved that the show didn't take off. I'd rather get my fix from Garth Marenghi's Darkplace and The Soup than see them attempt to tip-toe through that dangerous territory of American remakes.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The Funniest Quotes from 'Big Brother 17' Week 5
- 'The Bachelorette' Where Are They Now?: A Relationship Status Update
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Are the Week 6 Nominees?
- 'The Originals' Interview: Danielle Campbell Teases Davina in Her Role as Regent
- Why 'BoJack Horseman' Is the Best Netflix Original You're Not Watching
- More From BuddyTV
- Stitchers Finale Video: Emma Ishta Promises Big Answers, Possible Death
- Degrassi Series Finale Recap: Indecent Promposals
- American Crime Adds André Benjamin in 'Fierce' Season 2 Role
- Descendants Stars on Twist Ending, Sequel Ideas: 'Mal's Story Isn't Over'
- Fear The Walking Dead: Full-On Zombie Outbreak 'Delayed' Until Season 2
- More From TVLine
- Family and Friends Attend Bobbi Kristina Brown's Memorial Service
- Bill Hader Somehow Manages to Be Creepy and Delightful in Cut 'SNL' Sketch
- Kevin Bacon and Jimmy Fallon Perfectly Channel The Beach Boys in Spot-On Parody
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's Family Gathers for Wake, Prepares for Memorial Service
- Lena Dunham Poses Topless With Her Dog for National Mutt Day
- More From ET