March 7, 2014
by Annie Wu, posted Aug 15th 2008 8:04AM
After years of reaching US audiences as only a series of forwarded video clips and teh internetz, the original Channel 4 British sitcom The IT Crowd is finally coming to American TV. The IFC Channel has picked up the series and will begin airing it September 29.
I had to make an extra point to specify that this is the UK IT Crowd and not the NBC remake starring original cast member Richard Ayoade and Joel McHale. No, no, that project is still dead. As much as I love Ayoade and McHale, I couldn't help but feel a little relieved that the show didn't take off. I'd rather get my fix from Garth Marenghi's Darkplace and The Soup than see them attempt to tip-toe through that dangerous territory of American remakes.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Resurrection' Premiere and Cast Photos
- 'Believe' Premiere and Cast Photos
- 'Elementary' My Dear Watson: Best Deductions from 'Ears to You'
- 'The Following' Season 2 Episode Photos
- 'Once Upon a Time in Wonderland': 19 Moments of Shock, Determination, Joy and Grief in 'Nothing to Fear'
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Cosmos': A 'stunning,''magical mystery tour' to revive popular science for the world
- 'Turn': Meet Jamie Bell's Abe Woodhull and more in new character posters
- 'Sherlock' Season 4: Steven Moffat, Mark Gatiss tease Moriarty's return, premiere date
- Katie Holmes cast to star in 'Dangerous Liaisons'-style pilot on ABC
- 'Mad Men' gets a groovy Season 7 poster from graphic artist Milton Glaser
- More From Zap2it
- HBO Reveals First Last Week Tonight with John Oliver Promo — Watch and Weigh In
- American Idol: What Should the Top 11 Sing for Movie Soundtrack Night?
- Veronica Mars Movie: Jason Dohring Answers the Burning Question – Is 'LoVe' Still in the Air?
- TVLine Items: Sharknado 2 Premiere Date, True Blood Promotion, Orphan Catch-Up and More
- Pilot News: Felicity Huffman Joins American Crime, John Corbett Returns to FX and More
- More From TVLine