So, Brown decides to feel Ruffalo up and gauge the size of his guns. "Wait. Hold On. Let me just check. What's with the muscles, though?" she asked, pawing at Ruffalo. "The Hulk is, like, big."
We've had tribute lists and graphics, but we wanted to go out with a bang: a mashup! What better way to salute some of the most iconic and powerful woman in television history than with a video of them in action?
Below you'll find one awesome video -- if we do say so ourselves -- of fierce females in action. There's plenty of canceled Joss Whedon goodness and soapy slaps to satisfy everybody.
If he gets the job, it's a lot of pressure on Joss. 'The Avengers' is the intended target movie of all these superhero movies that Marvel is pumping out, including 'Iron Man,' 'Captain America,' 'Thor,' and 'The Incredible Hulk.' Even worse, with Disney in the mix Joss would have to answer to a lot of corporate suits (which is rumored to be the reason that he walked away from the 'Wonder Woman' movie).
Also, Joss' last movie was 'Serenity,' which was a cult hit and a good movie but not a box office smash. For 'The Avengers' movie to work, it must make major cash. While my heart sings at the possibility of Joss getting into the franchise, experience tells me that this is no more than a pipe dream.
From the 1950s through the 1980s, most successful TV series aired at least one Christmas show. Such seasonal events are less plentiful now, when most networks air reruns during the holidays -- but the classics of the past are gifts that keep on giving. Taking our cue from 'The 12 Days of Christmas,' we bring you a dozen holiday-themed episodes rich in tidings of comfort and joy.
This comic book is from 1984 and features The Avengers meeting...David Letterman! He was on NBC back then doing Late Night and in the comic The Avengers go on the show. For some reason.
[via Pop Candy]
Viewers were also into grittier fare like realistic cop dramas ('Ironside,' 'Adam-12') and war action series ('12 O'Clock High,' 'Combat!'), though there was plenty of classic sitcom fun on the airwaves, too, from 'The Andy Griffith Show' and 'The Dick Van Dyke Show' to 'Get Smart' and 'My Three Sons.'
Take a look at our picks of the decade's best and let us know if we got it right. -- By Kimberly Potts
Obviously, this is crossover marketing with the Marvel-financed movies that are coming out using the "shared universe" approach that was popular in their comics. Movies like Iron Man, Thor, and The First Avenger: Captain America (while I understand the marketing behind "The First Avenger" tag, I don't really like its use) are leading up to The Avengers movie in which all the aforementioned superheroes appear on the same screen.
Television has often been a benchmark of current popular culture. Whether it's clothes, cars or furniture, people have always looked to TV to help them decide how to look and how to live. Here are ten great examples of how TV characters have "helped" us look our best.
Daisy Duke's Daisy Dukes (The Dukes of Hazzard)
No one knew it at the time, but when Catherine Bach slipped on those ultra-short denims, she was making an impression on more than the teenage boys who were watching. Years later, a brand new and very different generation embraced the Daisy Dukes, much to the delight of those teenage boys who were now old enough to know better.
Welcome to TV Squad Lists (formerly 'The Five'), a feature where each blogger has a chance to list his or her own rundown of things in television that stand out from the rest, both good and bad.
A couple of other bloggers have made lists concerning movies that have been made into TV shows and vice versa. There's The Top 10 Movies Based on TV Shows, The Top 5 Shows That are Better than the Movie, Four Small Screen to Big Screen Flops and AOL's own list. Here is my effort. Enjoy.
1. The Avengers: I tried to sit through this move twice and couldn't do it either time. If anyone can explain the plot to me, they can have my job. This movie is the exact opposite of the TV show. Boring, unoriginal, ignorant and unpleasant to watch.
2. Lost in Space: After the cameos by the surviving original cast members, stop watching. Since when is Dr. smith a psycho? I know Heather Graham is hot, but why is Don West more interested in getting laid than getting home? And what is up with the stupid CGI alien? I'd rather see a monkey with Spock ears.
My first introduction to The Avengers, the classic cult 60s show with Patrick Macnee, Diana Rigg, Honor Blackman and Linda Thorson, was actually the second version of the show in the 70s, The New Avengers. CBS used to run the show late at night, back in the day, when they showed crime and action shows after the local news.
"Back in the day?" I'm getting really old.
The new version also starred Macnee, but this time he was paired with Joanna Lumley (as Purdey), who later went on to fame in Absolutely Fabulous, and Gareth Hunt, who played Mike Gambit. Isn't that a great name for an action hero, Mike Gambit? I really liked this show (and the original series, which I started watching repeats of later). Supposedly it only lasted 26 episodes, though it seems like more.
Hunt died of pancreatic cancer this week in London. Besides The New Avengers, he appeared in Upstairs, Downstairs, EastEnders, Space: 1999, Doctor Who, The New Adventures of Robin Hood, and many other TV shows and movies. Lumley has a lot of nice things to say about her costar.
It had to be bad movies, because I couldn't think of four TV shows that have been made into good movies. The bar was set pretty high with The Brady Bunch Movie when they decided to go full-on campy. Sure, there have been some decent efforts like Starsky & Hutch and the dark and brooding Miami Vice. But this is the time for my inner Grinch to let loose and call out the bad ones, and there are a lot of them. It's too bad I can't take the TV Squad crystal ball and write about the ones still in the pipeline, like Wilder Valderrama in the CHiPs movie, or 2008's The A-Team movie. I pity the fool who tries to displace Mr. T.
Since the TV show adaptations were a bit thin this year (and I have a love/hate thing with Miami Vice. Love Michael Mann, hated the flick ... so I've decided that those cancel each other out for me, leaving a neutral effort on the floor), we're going back through the annals of the past few years and singling out some stinkers.
(S04E01) The OC is back with a vengeance... big time. After what I think most considered to be a lackluster third season, I think both die-hard and casual fans are going to be impressed with what this show still has to offer. We pick up five months after the death of Marissa Cooper and everyone, especially Julie and Ryan, has had to adjust their lives in the wake of her passing. Corny as it sounds, nothing is going to be the same.
- At 8, ABC Family has a new episode of Kyle XY.
- At 9, ABC has the CMA Music Festival (wasn't this just on the other night?).
- NBC has a new Treasure Hunters at 9.
- There's a new Hell's Kitchen on FOX at 9.
- The new reality show Tabloid Wars has a new episode at 9. It's on Bravo.
- Have you ever seen the 60s spy show The Avengers? It's on BBC America tonight at 9 (why didn't someone tell me this??).
- TNT has a new episode of The Closer at 9.
- Also at 9: USA has a new Monday Night RAW.
- At 10, BBC America has the new sci-fi show Life On Mars, about a cop who finds himself back in time to the 70s.
- Also at 10: TNT has a new episode of Saved.
- American Dad - Volume 1
- The Avengers - '62 Set
- Battlestar Galactica - Season 2.0 (Canada only)
- Bizarre - Best of Bizarre Vol. 3; Best of Bizarre Vol. 4
- The Cousteau Odyssey - River Explorations Collection
- Inspector Gadget - Volume 1
- The Last Detective - Series 1
- Law & Order: Trial by Jury - The Complete Series
- Odyssey 5 - The Complete Series
- Reba - Season 3
- The Rifleman - Set 5
- Tommy Lee Goes To College
- A Touch of Frost - Seasons 9 & 10
- The Waltons - The Complete 3rd Season
- Wild Kingdom - Australia's Awesome Animals; Mammals Of North America Vol 2
- The Avengers - Emma Peel Collector's Edition
- Beast Machines: Transformers - The Complete Series
- The Beverly Hillbillies - Ultimate Collection Volume 2
- Bleak House - Bleak House
- C.O.P.S. - Volume 1
- Charmed - The Complete 4th Season
- Combat! - Best Of Hanley; Best Of Saunders
- The Drew Carey Show - Television Favorites
- Ellen - The Complete Season 3
- House Party - Kids Say the Darndest Things: Vol. 2
- The Lawless Years - Season 1
- Monty Python's Flying Circus - Graham Chapman's Personal Best; John Cleese's Personal Best; Terry Gilliam's Personal Best; Terry Jones' Personal Best
- NewsRadio - Season 3
- Night Court - Television Favorites
- The Real Ghostbusters - Vol 1: Creatures Of The Night; Vol 2: Spooky Spirits; Vol 3: Slimefighters
- Rosemary & Thyme - Season 2
- Rumpole of the Bailey - Megaset
- Weird U.S. - Vol 1: Strange But True / Road To Weirdsville; Vol 2: Weird Worship / Weirdly Departed; Vol 3: Rebels And Traitors / Crimes And Punishment
- Welcome Back, Kotter - Television Favorites
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- TV's 25 Sexiest Women of the New Fall 2014 Season
- 'Under the Dome': 17 Shocking Moments from 'The Fall'
- 'America's Next Top Model' Recap: Party String and a Cold Shower Spell Trouble
- 'Teen Wolf' Recap: What Will Scott Become?
- 'Under the Dome' Recap: Big Jim Creates More Problems When He Finds the Egg
- More From BuddyTV
- Scandal Season 4 Poster Warns There's 'No Looking Back' for Olivia
- Ratings: Dome Hits Low, Ninja Ticks Up, Mistresses Down Vs. Previous Finale
- TVLine Items: General Hospital Recasts Jason, OITNB Star Is Faking It & More
- The Walking Dead Season 5 Poster Declares: 'Hunt or Be Hunted'
- Fall TV Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop and Photos on 42 Returning Favorites!
- More From TVLine
- Justin Bieber Arrested During ATV Date With Selena Gomez, Charged With Assault
- Britney Spears Puts Cheating Ex on Blast During Las Vegas Show
- CeeLo Green Deletes Twitter Account After Rape Tweet
- Exclusive Duggar Clip: Jill & Derek Visit Cancer-Stricken Mom on '19 Kids'
- Supermodels Unite! Cara Delevingne and Kate Moss Team Up for Burberry
- More From ET