September 1, 2015
by Allison Waldman, posted Apr 28th 2010 10:07AM
There's so much to like about ABC's award-winning new sitcom 'Modern Family' that it seems almost curmudgeon-like to complain. Nevertheless, you have to wonder where in the world 'Modern Family' is located. No, not the place; it's clearly Southern California. No, it's the economy. 'Modern Family' resides in an economy unaffected by the recession. Everybody is doing well. Nobody's worried about paying the mortgage, or – God forbid – facing foreclosure. Things are going so well in 'Modern Family' world that the entire clan is heading to Hawaii for a family vacation.
Wow, remember when your family could afford to fly off for a holiday? It was probably some time around the turn of the century ... 2000. Maybe 'Modern Family' is in a time warp because they're all checking into the Four Seasons Maui. It'll be the May 12 season finale, so tune in if you want to live vicariously.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Whispers' Season 1 Finale Recap: Is Drill Stopped Once and for All?
- 'The Real Housewives of Orange County' Recap: Has Vicki Finally Met Her Match?
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: Jaclyn's Arrival Fuels Ashley's Desperation
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Recap: The Top 6 Dance and Two Go Home
- Pro Peta Murgatroyd Exits 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 21 Due to Injury
- More From BuddyTV
- Inside Nikki Reed and Ian Somerhalder's Fairytale Wedding – See the Gorgeous Pics!
- 'Saturday Night Live' Adds Comedian Jon Rudnitsky to the Cast
- Peta Murgatroyd Won't Compete on Season 21 of 'DWTS' After All - Find Out Why
- Associated Press Under Fire for Referring to Amal Clooney as 'Actor's Wife'
- Rihanna Would Totally Back Kanye West for President: 'Who Wouldn't Vote for Kanye?'
- More From ET