March 9, 2014
by Allison Waldman, posted Apr 28th 2010 10:07AM
There's so much to like about ABC's award-winning new sitcom 'Modern Family' that it seems almost curmudgeon-like to complain. Nevertheless, you have to wonder where in the world 'Modern Family' is located. No, not the place; it's clearly Southern California. No, it's the economy. 'Modern Family' resides in an economy unaffected by the recession. Everybody is doing well. Nobody's worried about paying the mortgage, or – God forbid – facing foreclosure. Things are going so well in 'Modern Family' world that the entire clan is heading to Hawaii for a family vacation.
Wow, remember when your family could afford to fly off for a holiday? It was probably some time around the turn of the century ... 2000. Maybe 'Modern Family' is in a time warp because they're all checking into the Four Seasons Maui. It'll be the May 12 season finale, so tune in if you want to live vicariously.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Lena Dunham hosts 'Saturday Night Live': Liam Neeson, Jon Hamm, Fred Armisen show up for surprise cameos
- 'True Detective' Season 1 crib sheet: All you need to know before the finale
- 'Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey': President Barack Obama to introduce FOX special
- Showtime's 'Gucci: The Director' gives a close-up view of Gucci creative director Frida Giannini's vision and life
- 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars' Season 6 debuts on Netflix: Did the final season tie up all the loose ends?
- More From Zap2it
- Lena Dunham Hosts Saturday Night Live: Watch Video of the Best and Worst Sketches
- Louis C.K. Set for Saturday Night Live Encore
- Pilot News: Robert Patrick, Amy Sedaris and a Desperate Housewife Are Among Latest Castings
- Hot Video: In 24: Live Another Day, All Jack Must Stop Is a New 'World War'— Also: Is That…?!
- Pilot Scoop: Supernatural Spin-Off Gets a New Title, Casts Its Final Series Regular
- More From TVLine