August 1, 2014
by Allison Waldman, posted Apr 28th 2010 10:07AM
There's so much to like about ABC's award-winning new sitcom 'Modern Family' that it seems almost curmudgeon-like to complain. Nevertheless, you have to wonder where in the world 'Modern Family' is located. No, not the place; it's clearly Southern California. No, it's the economy. 'Modern Family' resides in an economy unaffected by the recession. Everybody is doing well. Nobody's worried about paying the mortgage, or – God forbid – facing foreclosure. Things are going so well in 'Modern Family' world that the entire clan is heading to Hawaii for a family vacation.
Wow, remember when your family could afford to fly off for a holiday? It was probably some time around the turn of the century ... 2000. Maybe 'Modern Family' is in a time warp because they're all checking into the Four Seasons Maui. It'll be the May 12 season finale, so tune in if you want to live vicariously.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- See Kylie Jenner's Brand New Range Rover While It's Still Uncrashed
- Chad Kroger Buys Avril Lavigne The Biggest Diamond Ring In The History Of Ever
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Review Roundup: How Good Is It?
- Selena Gomez Rocks Some Almost Impossibly Short Shorts
- Cougar Lawsuit: Linda Bollea Sued by Former Boy Toy
- More From ET