September 17, 2014
by Allison Waldman, posted Apr 28th 2010 10:07AM
There's so much to like about ABC's award-winning new sitcom 'Modern Family' that it seems almost curmudgeon-like to complain. Nevertheless, you have to wonder where in the world 'Modern Family' is located. No, not the place; it's clearly Southern California. No, it's the economy. 'Modern Family' resides in an economy unaffected by the recession. Everybody is doing well. Nobody's worried about paying the mortgage, or – God forbid – facing foreclosure. Things are going so well in 'Modern Family' world that the entire clan is heading to Hawaii for a family vacation.
Wow, remember when your family could afford to fly off for a holiday? It was probably some time around the turn of the century ... 2000. Maybe 'Modern Family' is in a time warp because they're all checking into the Four Seasons Maui. It'll be the May 12 season finale, so tune in if you want to live vicariously.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Arrow' Season 3 Premiere Photos: 'The Calm'
- Original Star Amanda Pays Cast on CW's 'The Flash'
- 'Arrow' Interview: Paul Blackthorne on Lance's Recovery and New Position
- [Video] 'Bones' Sneak Peek: Booth Doesn't Have Any Friends in Prison
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Casts 'Chloe King' Star in a 'Tough Situation'
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine Items: Gloria Steinem Meets Good Wife, AHS Adds Chloe King & More
- Vampire Diaries Season 6: Dramatic New Poster Pairs Elena With Stefan
- Arrow Season 3 Poster Highlights the Fortified Team Arrow
- Bill Hader Returning to SNL as Host — Will Stefon Be Joining Him?
- Friends' Gunther Speaks Out 20 Years Later: 'Ross Doesn't Deserve Rachel'
- More From TVLine