The Final Season
The very idea that the upcoming return of 'Lost' -- it premieres Tuesday at 8 p.m. (ET) -- will be the beginning of the end, the build up to the grande finale is both a joyful and bittersweet experience.
To make sure it's more of the former and less of the latter, here's a few keys that will ensure you will savor the return of 'Lost' so that it will be good to the last drop.
It almost felt like a collective valedictory speech, as the cast was given a chance to talk about their biggest memories from six years of shooting the show in Hawaii, and EPs Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof waxed poetic over what they think the legacy of the show is going to be.
But the big takeaways? The final season is not going to answer every question surrounding the show. The story arc this year will be told in a way that might not actually confuse anyone who's decided to finally jump on board and watch. And Lindelof's reaction to the possibility that the premiere might be pre-empted by the State of the Union address was priceless.
Looks like the island wasn't the only thing that got moved.
Mark your calendars, set your DVRs, and don't make any plans. The two-hour season premiere (it's called "LA X") of the sixth, and final, season of Lost has been scheduled to air on Tuesday, Februrary 2nd at 9 p.m. ET according to Executive Producer Carlton Cuse via Twitter. Cuse also confirmed that Tuesdays at 9 would be the regular time-slot in subsequent weeks.
There really isn't much to say here except wow. It feels real now, doesn't it? With only 18 hours left in the series' run, there are still so many questions left that need answering and hopefully we'll get some serious debriefing come 2/2/2010.
Let's get this out of the way. If you don't want to know anything about the upcoming final season of The Shield, then stop reading right now because this is 100% as spoiler-ish as it gets. First FX teased us with some uninformative promos, then they threw us some cast interviews, and they finally set a premiere date of Tuesday, September 2nd. That's not all though. Now FX has added a ton of scenes and clips from the final season to The Shield's website. So - I say it again - stop now if you don't want to be spoiled. But if you're weak like me, fun starts after the jump.
And so it begins. The countdown to the final nine episodes of one of the finest dramas to ever grace our TV screens. I'll be honest -- I'm very impressed with the simplicity of the ad campaign that HBO is now running to promote The Sopranos farewell. Nothing too flashy. Just black and white. Tony all by himself. Pondering. It makes you think. Plus, I love the "Made in America" tagline. It has such an obvious double meaning, but it fits perfectly. There's actually another ad floating around too. I found a snapshot of it here. Equally simple but also a little creepy. Just a family photo... but everyone is staring you in the face. You have to wonder though. Generally, past ads for The Sopranos hold some kind of meaning regarding the season to come. Is this one any different? Who do you think Tony is looking off to the right at? You know what I mean? If you zoomed out on the photo, what else is around him?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.6 Photos: A Visit from April's Mom
- 'Constantine' Series Premiere Recap: John Constantine Makes a Big Entrance
- The 10 Best Looks of 'Project Runway' Season 13
- 'Reign' Episode 2.5 Photos: Will Greer Get Married?
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: One Team is Accused of Playing Dirty
- More From BuddyTV
- Constantine: Will You Go to Hell and Back for NBC's New Drama?
- Grimm Season 4 Premiere Recap: Trubel-ing Times
- ABC's Manhattan Love Story Is Fall TV Season's First Cancellation
- BSG's Tricia Helfer Suits Up as Harvey's Foe (and Lust Interest)
- The Originals Adds Everwood Alumna Debra Mooney as Werewolf Matriarch
- More From TVLine
- Renee Zellweger and 7 Other Stars Who Dramatically Changed Their Look
- One Direction Parties With Danny DeVito in ‘Steal My Girl' Music Video!
- Flashback: Before 'Honey Boo Boo' Got Famous
- Halle Berry vs. Britney Spears: Inside Look at Their Sexy Lingerie Lines
- Happy 30th Birthday Katy Perry! Watch Her Greatest ET Moments
- More From ET