The French Connection
He's best known for his role as Police Chief Martin Brody in the first two Jaws films, but Roy Scheider had a long television career as well.
He played Captain Nathan Bridger on Seaquest DSV in the mid-90s, and also had a regular role on Third Watch. His other TV appearances included spots on Law and Order: CI, Cannon, Saturday Night Live, Coronet Blue, Love of Life, The Edge of Night, and the TV movie Assignment: Munich. His other film roles include All That Jazz (a role that got him a Best Actor Oscar), The French Connection (an Oscar nomination), Klute, Marathon Man, Sorcerer, The Men's Club, Naked Lunch, The Peacekeeper, The Rainmaker, and two movies that are still in production, Dark Honeymoon and Iron Cross.
He died on Sunday in Little Rock, AR at age 75.
(S04E10) You can tell that Josh Schwartz and his writing team are having fun with this season. They knew the show was going to be canceled well before we did. So it only makes sense that these remaining episodes feel fresh, like the writers are taking chances. Why wouldn't they? The show is over -- they can do whatever they want.
There are pros and cons to that though. Sometimes too much creative freedom can be a bad thing. Example one? I feel like Sandy and Kirsten have been forgotten. Especially Sandy. It seems that lately his only role has been popping in here and there to offer brief words of advice to Ryan. Although I will say that his Jerry Lewis impersonation was hilarious.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- For Constance Zimmer, Complications Return and UnREAL Uncorks Its Finale
- Graceland's Serinda Swan Weighs In on Paige Hate, Unsexiest Sex Scene Ever
- Anthony Geary to General Hospital Fans: JK About That Retirement!
- Mindy Project Season 4 Twist: Mindy to Wed Big Bang Theory's Raj?!
- The CW Eyeing Dark Little Women Adaptation From NCIS Star
- More From TVLine
- Star Sightings July 2015
- EXCLUSIVE: Valerie Harper Rushed to Hospital, 'It Doesn't Look Good,' Source Says
- EXCLUSIVE: Hunter Hayes to Make Acting Debut! Find Out All the Details
- Katy Perry Poses in Lingerie and Sports a Pixie Cut for 'Vogue Japan'
- Dakota Johnson Finally Joins Instagram With a Sweaty Selfie
- More From ET