October 13, 2015
The Frugal Hoosier
by Allison Waldman, posted Feb 8th 2010 9:00AM
How's this for an odd occurrence of non-product placement? On Wednesday night, during the ABC sitcom block -- actually during 'Modern Family' -- there was a commercial for Stouffer's Family Size dinners. The commercial referred to 'The Middle,' making the case for how positive it is for families to sit down and share a meal together.
It was a great idea for a commercial, but did anybody at Stouffer's realize that with the exception of Thanksgiving, the Hecks don't actually cook dinner? They're usually bringing in bags of take out from a burger joint. You see hamburgers and fries and lots of paper products, but it was only for Turkey Day that anybody actually fixed dinner.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Pretty Little Liars' Lucy Hale Offers Hope for 'Ezria' in Season 6B, Teases 'Deadlier' Threats From 'A'
- Harry Connick Jr. to Host Syndicated Daytime Talk/Variety Show
- Arrow's Damien Darhk to Also Haunt The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow
- TVLine Items: Supergirl Casts Non, Scream Queens Marathon and More
- Everybody Loves Raymond Reunion Set for ATX Television Festival 2016
- More From TVLine
- Amy Schumer Says She Has 'Nothing But Love' for the Kardashians Following 'SNL' Diss
- Chrissy Teigen Can't Wait for Morning Sickness, Pregnancy Cravings
- Tracy Morgan Does Stand-Up for the First Time Since Deadly 2014 Accident
- Niecy Nash, TV's Most Grateful Scene-Stealer, Is Changing Lanes and Getting All the Laughs
- Alek Skarlatos' 'DWTS' Injury Update: His Nose Had to Be Pushed Back Into Place!
- More From ET