July 25, 2014
The Frugal Hoosier
by Allison Waldman, posted Feb 8th 2010 9:00AM
How's this for an odd occurrence of non-product placement? On Wednesday night, during the ABC sitcom block -- actually during 'Modern Family' -- there was a commercial for Stouffer's Family Size dinners. The commercial referred to 'The Middle,' making the case for how positive it is for families to sit down and share a meal together.
It was a great idea for a commercial, but did anybody at Stouffer's realize that with the exception of Thanksgiving, the Hecks don't actually cook dinner? They're usually bringing in bags of take out from a burger joint. You see hamburgers and fries and lots of paper products, but it was only for Turkey Day that anybody actually fixed dinner.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Project Runway' Season 13: Ranking the Looks of 'The Judges Decide'
- 'The 100' at Comic-Con 2014: More Grounders, Linctavia and Fearing The Reapers
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 5 Battle of the Block?
- 'SHIELD' and 'Agent Carter' at Comic-Con: New Season 2 Characters and More
- 'Resurrection' at Comic-Con 2014: Meet Jacob's Grandmother, Bellamy Answers and a Time Jump
- More From BuddyTV
- The Originals @ Comic-Con: Season 2 Trailer and Cast Promise 'Twisted Fairytale,' Vengeful Klaus and Hayley
- Castle's Nathan Fillion Asks: 'How Much Longer Can We Make People Wait for a Wedding?'
- Marvel TV @ Comic-Con: S.H.I.E.L.D. Adds Mockingbird and Hydra Baddie, Agent Carter Flirts With a Stark
- Community Season 6: Dan Harmon Teases More Paintball, Orgy Episode and... the Return of Donald Glover?
- Outlander: Watch the New Trailer
- More From TVLine
- Jada Pinkett Smith Talks Playing A Villian on 'Gotham'
- 'Expendables 3' Star Wesley Snipes on His Return to Hollywood
- Top 5 Extras Who Completely Failed Their Scenes
- Nicolas Cage's Scrapped Superman Movie Should Have Totally Happened
- Susan Sarandon on Using Mushrooms, Acid and Her Love Affair with Bowie!
- More From ET