April 1, 2015
The Frugal Hoosier
by Allison Waldman, posted Feb 8th 2010 9:00AM
How's this for an odd occurrence of non-product placement? On Wednesday night, during the ABC sitcom block -- actually during 'Modern Family' -- there was a commercial for Stouffer's Family Size dinners. The commercial referred to 'The Middle,' making the case for how positive it is for families to sit down and share a meal together.
It was a great idea for a commercial, but did anybody at Stouffer's realize that with the exception of Thanksgiving, the Hecks don't actually cook dinner? They're usually bringing in bags of take out from a burger joint. You see hamburgers and fries and lots of paper products, but it was only for Turkey Day that anybody actually fixed dinner.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Supernatural' Interview: Jim Beaver Teases Bobby's Return is 'The Real Deal'
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart' Predictions: Who Will Go Home in Week 6?
- 'American Idol' Predictions: Who Will Leave the Top 9?
- 'The Flash' Episode 18 Photos: Felicity and the Atom Visit Central City
- 'House of Lies' Returns for Season 5, 'The Americans' Renewed for Season 4 and More
- More From BuddyTV
- Cougar Town Finale Recap: 'Deja View'
- Forever Creator: Abigail's Fate Will Be Resolved by Season's End
- Younger: Is TV Land's Sutton Foster Comedy Already Growing on You?
- Finding Carter Season Premiere Recap: Egg-citing New Developments
- Weird Loners: Will You Keep the Fox Comedy Company on Tuesday Nights?
- More From TVLine
- How Wilson Phillips Ended Up Singing Backup on Rihanna's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Star Sightings March 2015
- Will 'Spy' Be Melissa McCarthy's Best Role Yet?
- Vin Diesel and Paul Walker's 7 Most Bromantic Moments From the 'Fast & Furious' Franchise
- Jessa Duggar Surprises Her Wedding Guests on '19 Kids and Counting'
- More From ET