The Frugal Hoosier
by Allison Waldman, posted Feb 8th 2010 9:00AM
How's this for an odd occurrence of non-product placement? On Wednesday night, during the ABC sitcom block -- actually during 'Modern Family' -- there was a commercial for Stouffer's Family Size dinners. The commercial referred to 'The Middle,' making the case for how positive it is for families to sit down and share a meal together.
It was a great idea for a commercial, but did anybody at Stouffer's realize that with the exception of Thanksgiving, the Hecks don't actually cook dinner? They're usually bringing in bags of take out from a burger joint. You see hamburgers and fries and lots of paper products, but it was only for Turkey Day that anybody actually fixed dinner.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 13 Fresh Faces of Summer 2013: Who to Watch in Television and Movies
- ?Dancing with the Stars?: The 20 Best Dances of Season 16
- 'Graceland' Photos: Meet the Cast
- Rumer Willis to Guest Star on 'Pretty Little Liars' Season 4
- 'RHOBH': Kyle Richards Threatens to Quit Season 4 Mid-Season
- More From BuddyTV
- 'X Factor' judges first look: Kelly Rowland and Paulina Rubio join Demi Lovato and Simon Cowell for Season 3
- 'The Big Bang Theory' to '90210': TV ratings winners and losers in 2012-13
- USA orders another comedy series, 'Divide and Conquer'
- Tony Hale on 'Veep,' Gary's love of Selina and Allison Janney's Season 2 guest appearance
- Billy Crystal starring in 'The Comedians' pilot at FX, Larry Charles to direct
- More From Zap2it
- TVLine Items: Pretty Little Liars Lands Rumer Willis, Gossip Guy Visits Copper and More!
- Billy Crystal to Headline FX's Comedians Pilot
- So You Think You Can Dance Recap: The 5 Best Auditions From Los Angeles and Austin
- A 'Broken' Arrow in Season 2? Plus: Which Finale Scene Was Deleted for Being Too Revealing?
- American Horror Story Exclusive: Emma Roberts Joins the FX Spookfest's Coven
- More From TVLine