September 16, 2014
The Frugal Hoosier
by Allison Waldman, posted Feb 8th 2010 9:00AM
How's this for an odd occurrence of non-product placement? On Wednesday night, during the ABC sitcom block -- actually during 'Modern Family' -- there was a commercial for Stouffer's Family Size dinners. The commercial referred to 'The Middle,' making the case for how positive it is for families to sit down and share a meal together.
It was a great idea for a commercial, but did anybody at Stouffer's realize that with the exception of Thanksgiving, the Hecks don't actually cook dinner? They're usually bringing in bags of take out from a burger joint. You see hamburgers and fries and lots of paper products, but it was only for Turkey Day that anybody actually fixed dinner.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'America's Got Talent' Live Blog: The Final Performances of Season 9
- 'Dance Moms' Recap: Cathy's Insults Send Abby Over the Edge
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Results: The First Elimination of Season 19
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Cast Photos
- 'Big Brother 16' Recap: The Final 5 Eviction
- More From BuddyTV
- The Originals' Nathan Parsons to Lead Amazon Pilot From Lost Boss
- Mindy Project Premiere Recap: Diamond Dan Dances Again
- New Girl Season 4 Premiere Recap: Say Yes to the Jess
- Dancing With the Stars Week 1 Results: Did The Right Couple Go Home?
- Scandal Adds Private Practice Star in Top-Secret Season 4 Role
- More From TVLine
- Taylor Swift Proves She is the Ultimate Cat Lady
- Robin Thicke Admits to Drug Abuse, Says Paula Patton Left Because He Told Her 'The Truth'
- Jennifer Lawrence Explains What Makes a Woman Powerful in New Dior Campaign
- Disney Is Releasing a 'Frozen' Wedding Dress
- 'Dating Naked' Couple Preps for Wedding with Naked Yoga
- More From ET