The Learning Channel
TLC canceled the long-running bike building reality show 'American Chopper' back in February, but new reports have surfaced they are bringing the show back, or at least part of its principal cast, for another run.
Has anyone at TLC, which once stood for "The Learning Channel," learned about the concept of cognitive dissonance? Maybe they could learn about it by watching some of their pre-'Jon and Kate' programming, back when you could actually learn something from watching TLC other than how to exploit extremely fertile women for money and/or fame.
And now there's more coming, only with smaller cakes. The Hollywood Reporter says that TLC has ordered 6 episodes of 'Cupcake Sisters.'
I often watch Food Network's 'Ace of Cakes' but I'm not sure how many "cake-based" shows one person can take, even 'Cake Boss.' Another show, 'Ultimate Cake-Off,' airs tonight. On the other hand, like most people, I love cake, so in a way I hope the trend continues, only extended to sitcoms and dramas. I'd like to see 'How I Met Your Cake,' 'Cake Idol,' 'Cakes of Anarchy,' and 'Mad Cakes' on my TV in the future.
While Hope for Your Home sounds informative (especially for families looking to make cost-efficient changes to their properties), it sounds really boring. I find Extreme Home Makeover annoying but at least we get a bunch of quirky personalities ("quirky" is probably the most generous adjective I could think of) and we get "extreme" changes to the homes. It's interesting to see how the team does a complete overhaul on the house. This show? I'm not so sure. What do you think?
Hope for Your Home premieres on Saturday August 9th, at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT.
"I'm thrilled to be a part of TLC's first game show, and extremely excited about the fun concept," said Mathison. "I think both men and women, of all ages, are really going to enjoy the show because there's a little something in it for everyone." Yeah, TLC is pitching this as a family show. Hmm...we'll see. If it can capture the Trading Spaces vibe, they may be on the right track.
You may think that this list is way too obscure. But these men and women and totally hot and they teach us how to do stuff like make roasted asparagus or build rocking chairs or pick a color scheme for our homes. I think they deserve some attention.
Feel free to add your own favorite Do-It-Yourself Hottie in the comments. (By the way, my picks are in no particular order. I just couldn't choose who I liked the best.)
So what's the problem?
TLC will air a marathon of the show on Mother's Day.
In April, TLC will air a new reality show based on a BBC special called Honey, We're Killing the Kids!
The show will focus on the obesity epidemic as Dr. Lisa Hark, a nutrition expert, takes over an overweight and unhealthy family and tries to get them to change their eating habits and lifestyles. It seems like just the right show for TLC, but right now I think I'm more entertained by the ads for the show than the idea of the show itself. Firsts of all, the show's title is possibly the most morbid I've ever heard, but in the ads it takes on a whole new kind of weirdness when the voiceover starts talking about the show like it's some kind of wacky carnival attraction. I don't think I've ever seen the fear of a child's untimely death portrayed in such an upbeat manner. Maybe they should hire this voiceover guy to comfort people at funerals, since he seems rather amused by the thought of things not living anymore.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Blacklist' Post-Super Bowl Episode Photos: Will Liz and the Team Save Reddington in Time?
- 'Castle' Episode 7.14 Photos: The Return of 3XK
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' Winter Premiere Photos: The Investigation into Annalise's 'Missing' Husband Begins
- 2015 SAG Awards: Red Carpet Photos
- 'Sleepy Hollow': Can Katrina Be Trusted?
- More From BuddyTV
- Castle First Look: Devious Dr. Nieman Returns — And Is She Not Alone...?
- Prison Break's Amaury Nolasco Joins Eva Longoria's Telenovela for NBC
- David Tennant Joins Jessica Jones Series as the Marvel Villain Kilgrave
- TVLine Items: Full House Reunion Video, DirecTV Premiere Dates & More
- Fox Developing X-Men TV Series: What/Who Should It Be About?
- More From TVLine
- Kate Hudson Shows Off Insane Body in Skin-Bearing Dress
- Nikki Reed Coyly Confirms Engagement to Ian Somerhalder
- Stop What You're Doing and Fall in Love With This Epic Medley of Disney Songs
- Zach Galifianakis Was Nearly Unrecognizable at the SAG Awards
- Sam Smith Adds Tom Petty as Co-Writer of ‘Stay With Me'
- More From ET