We still don't know if Spielberg will direct the pilot, but the award-winning filmmaker reportedly wants to cast Noah Wyle to play the potential series' lead. The former E.R. star would play the leader of a group of human rebels trying to bring down the big bad aliens.
- At 7, ABC has Ty Pennington: Behind the Scenes, followed by new episodes of Extreme Makeover, Desperate Housewives, and Brothers & Sisters.
- CBS has a new 60 Minutes at 7, then the season finale of The Amazing Race and the movie Front of the Class.
- NBC has a new Football Night in America at 7, followed by the Redskins/Ravens game.
- At 8, FOX has the BSC Selection Show, then a new Simpsons.
- TNT has the movie The Librarian: Curse of the Judas Chalice, followed by the series premiere of Leverage.
- HGTV has Top 10 Christmas Towns at 8.
- Also at 8: Showtime has a new Brotherhood, then new episodes of Dexter and Californication.
- At 9, Food Network has Holiday Extravaganza.
- At 9:30, TV Land has a Christmas episode of The Andy Griffith Show.
- At 10, BBC America has a new Skins.
- At 11:30, Cartoon Network has a new Robot Chicken, then a new Superjail.
- At 12:15am, Cartoon Network has a new Drinky Crow Show.
Check your local TV listings for more.
On Sunday at 8 PM ET, he co-stars in The Librarian: Curse of the Judas Chalice, the third in the Librarian series that has become a nice little franchise for TNT. He plays Judson, who acts as a guide and mentor to Noah Wyle's character of Flynn Carsen, a librarian who acts more like Indiana Jones than the person who stamps the insides of new books.
I spoke to Newhart by phone last week; we discussed the movie, shooting in New Orleans, his recent penchant for memorable supporting roles, and if he thinks the multi-camera sitcom has a future.
Sonya Walger is a busy actress nowadays. Not only does she guest star from time to time on ABC's Lost as Penelope "Penny" Widmore but she appeared in a few episodes of FOX's Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and is starring in HBO's Tell Me You Love Me, show that will return for a second season later this year.
Well, not that early, considering it premieres tonight on TNT. But it is early enough to let you know that if you are fan of the first Librarian film you will probably like the second installment as well. And, even if you never saw the first one you'll still enjoy it.
For those who are unfamiliar with the film series, The Librarian stars Noah Wyle (ER's Doctor John Carter) as Flynn Carson, holder of 22 college degrees and 'librarian' of the Metropolitan Public Library. Actually, Flynn's job is to find and protect historical and sometime magical items that are stored in the special section of the library. His position of librarian takes him around the world in search of said items, and it sometimes leads to situations no normal librarian would be involved with. I mean, librarians usually aren't held at gunpoint by villains whose books are overdue.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- TV ratings: 'Dancing With the Stars' finale down from fall, 'The Voice' drops too
- 'Arrested Development': Tony Hale talks Season 4, Liza Minnelli and movie plans
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Season 14 finale: Cast members talk shocking cliffhanger
- Jennifer Aniston stages mini 'Friends' reunion to prepare for 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' co-host gig
- 'Grimm' Season 3 teases: David Giuntoli on zombie Nick and James Frain being next season's Big Bad
- More From Zap2it
- A 'Broken' Arrow in Season 2? Plus: Which Finale Scene Was Deleted for Being Too Revealing?
- American Horror Story Exclusive: Emma Roberts Joins the FX Spookfest's Coven
- Finale Ratings: Grimm Improves on Season 1 Closer, DWTS Down 21 Percent Vs. Year Ago
- Report: American Idol Mulling All-Alumni Judges' Panel — Crazy-Good or Just Crazy?
- Big Bang, Horror Story, Parks & Rec, Good Wife, The Americans Lead Critics Choice Nominations
- More From TVLine