The Lucy Show
Garry was on 'Extra' promoting his new romantic comedy 'Valentine's Day' and revealed the 'Laverne & Shirley' dream casting: Jennifer Garner and Jessica Biel. That's right. This pair of Shotz Brewery factory employees -- who live in a basement apartment in 1960 Milwaukee and struggle to find the men of their dreams -- would be played by two of the most beautiful women in Hollywood. Is that a cynical way of looking at it? Yes, it is.
Viewers were also into grittier fare like realistic cop dramas ('Ironside,' 'Adam-12') and war action series ('12 O'Clock High,' 'Combat!'), though there was plenty of classic sitcom fun on the airwaves, too, from 'The Andy Griffith Show' and 'The Dick Van Dyke Show' to 'Get Smart' and 'My Three Sons.'
Take a look at our picks of the decade's best and let us know if we got it right. -- By Kimberly Potts
I don't care how much controversy there is, why would anyone want to buy the Jon & Kate Plus 8 DVDs? Would you really want to sit around a year or two or five from now and watch the episodes again? Why?
There's a new Route 66 DVD set out, Season 3, Volume 1, but if you got the Season 3 collector's set from Best Buy or Critic's Choice, they've issued a recall.
- Charlie's Angels - Season 4
- The Donna Reed Show - Season 2
- Hotel - Season 1
- Jon & Kate Plus 8 - Season 4, Vol. 2
- The Lucy Show - Season 1
The CBS sitcom came up with a doozy of a situation, although it felt familiar to me, which I'll explain why in a moment. Christine was determined to prove that she was not afraid of living alone and wound up locked out of her house. She climbed back in through a bathroom window and got her foot stuck in the toilet bowl!
Dick Martin was the "Martin" in the comedy duo Rowan & Martin, who hosted the incredibly popular 1960s/early '70s comedy sketch show on NBC, Laugh-In. Dan Rowan, who died in 1987, was the straight man (that's Rowan on the left in the pic).
Martin also appeared in several other TV shows over the years, including Third Rock From The Sun, The Lucy Show, Love Boat, Fantasy Island, Coach, Blossom, Dave's World, Baywatch, The Nanny, Diagnosis: Murder, George & Leo, The John Larroquette Show, and Two Guys, A Girl, and a Pizza Place. He was also in the movies The Maltese Bibby, Carbon Copy, and The Glass Bottom Boat.
Besides acting, Martin was a director as well, helming such shows as The Bob Newhart Show, Family Ties, Archie Bunker's Place, Mama's Family, In The Heat of the Night, Newhart, and Sledge Hammer.
Martin died of respiratory complications in Santa Monica last night. He was 86.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Bachelorette' Rumor: Is Nick Viall Joining Season 11?
- 'Millionaire Matchmaker' Star Patti Stanger Witnessed 'RHONYC' Star Ramona Singer's Husband Cheating
- 'The Good Wife' Recap: Everybody Wants a Piece of Alicia Following the Election
- 'Revenge' Recap: How Far Does Emily Go to Clear Daniel's Name?
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Finale Recap: Does Alexandria Need Rick Grimes?
- More From BuddyTV
- Justin Timberlake Tears Up Thanking Wife Jessica Biel at iHeartRadio Music Awards
- Hugh Jackman Says He's Only Playing Wolverine 'One Last Time'
- Rihanna Performs 'BBHMM' at iHeartRadio Awards, and It's Amazing!
- Star Sightings March 2015
- Jamie Foxx Slammed for 'Transphobic' Bruce Jenner Jokes
- More From ET