The Muppet Show
But Katy landed on her feet, and is back on the new Christmas-themed episode of 'The Simpsons' (Sun., 8PM ET on Fox). And she's wearing a form-fitting red dress that shows off about the same amount of décolletage. Lucky, this is prime-time on Fox, not the middle of the afternoon on PBS, so she shouldn't get banned this time around.
James Bobin has signed on to direct the new Muppet movie. Bobin co-created the television version of Flight of the Conchords (as opposed to the band itself, which was co-created by Jermaine Clement and Bret McKenzie).
So it's a writer who has predominantly worked in television who is directing a movie about a group of characters who became famous from a television show. The movie itself is co-written by Jason Segel, star of How I Met Your Mother, who is rumored to be a Muppet-maniac. I'm still waiting for his Broadway production of Dracula, the Puppet Musical.
As a Muppet fan myself, I'm happy about this piece of news. I have enjoyed Bobin's work on Da Ali G Show and Flight of the Conchords without being aware of his involvement. I just hope Bobin shows love and respect for the franchise and we don't end up with another Muppets' Wizard of Oz.
[via Pop Culture Junk Mail]
Supertremendous.com has their list of the 100 most iconic TV show intros. You can read the first 90, but I wanted to concentrate on the top ten. That list includes The Brady Bunch, The Simpsons, M*A*S*H, Knight Rider (???), and The Twilight Zone, along with the number one pick after the jump. Can you guess it before you click?
Way back in 2006, we told you a Fraggle Rock film was in the works. Now, Brian Henson tells MTV that a Fraggle Rock movie is inching closer. He also indicated that they're expanding the film "to be more accessible to a wider audience." I recently had the opportunity to watch Fraggle Rock, and while it did touch my nostalgia button, I can see where Henson's coming from here.
The series has one or two major detriments from the start. To begin, Jim Henson is long gone and it seemed that a lot of the magic died with him. All the efforts by the company since then have been a shadow of its former self. Second, the new series is CGI and not puppets. While I'm sure the kiddies pay more attention to CGI nowadays, it's still a little disappointing.
On the other hand, the Henson Company has worked with dinosaurs before. Plus, anything that gets the kids' attention that isn't owned and monopolized by Disney or Nickelodeon is fine by me.
Disney owns the rights to the Muppets and they would produce the picture. Segel's story picks up with the Muppets reuniting long after their TV show has ended. They agree to put on one big variety show to save the studio. Should this come off as planned and the film is a hit, the Muppets would then come back to series TV.
24 Season One Special Edition
The Muppet Show Season Three
Drawn Together Season Three
Stargate: Infinity - The Complete Series
Just head on over to the post links above, read through the rules, and make the applicable comment there (not here!). We'll notify the winners next week.
Here are the new TV DVDs, in stores tomorrow.
- 24 - Season 1 (Special Edition)
- The Bill Engvall Show - Season 1
- Charles in Charge - Season 3
- Exes and Ohs - Season 1
- Gomer Pyle, USMC - Season 4
- A Haunting - Season 3
- JAG - Season 6
- The Jeff Corwin Experience - Season 2
- The Muppet Show - Season 3
- Nimrod Nation - Complete Series
- Penn & Teller's Bullshit - Season 5
- Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Hour - Complete Series, Vol. 1
- Square Pegs - Complete Series
- Teenage Ninja Mutant Turtles - Season 5
- Tom Selleck Western Collection
- Young Maverick - The New Maverick
To enter, simply leave a comment below before 5:00PM Eastern, Friday, May 23 telling us why you'd like to own this DVD set. As always, we'll randomly choose five winners amongst the eligible entries. Some other details:
- To enter, leave a confirmed comment below stating why you'd like to own the The Muppet Show Season 3 DVD.
- The comment must be left before May 23, 2008 at 5:00PM Eastern Time.
- You may enter only once.
- Five winners will be selected in a random drawing.
- Five winners will receive a copy of The Muppet Show Season 3 DVD (valued at $39.90).
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 and older.
Season two is a 24-episode set with classic guest appearances by Bob Hope, George Burns, John Cleese, Milton Berle, Elton John, Bernadette Peters and Julie Andrews, just to name a few. The bonus material includes The Muppets Valentine Day Special, a pilot which aired two years before The Muppet Show came on air. It features Kermit and Mia Farrow, and is hosted by little-known Muppet 'Wally'.
A roundup of people from in front of the camera and behind the scenes who have passed away.
- Anne Pitoniak: She was a character actress who appeared on several TV shows over the years. She had a recurring role as Irene on Third Watch and guest starred on other shows including Law and Order: SVU, Becker, ER (she played Ruth Johnson in the "Good Luck, Ruth Johnson" episode), Cheers, Hill Street Blues, After MASH, and The Equalizer. She's probably best known for her work on stage in night, Mother and Picnic. She was nominated for a Tony Award for each role. She died of cancer in NYC at age 85.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Empire' Season 2 Spoilers: Can Lucious Keep Cookie Down?
- 'Arrow' Star Emily Bett Rickards: Felicity's a Hero and Kicking Ass
- 'The Voice' Season 9: Meet Blake Shelton's Team
- 'The Bastard Executioner' Recap: Can Lady Love Prove She's Pregnant?
- 'Scream Queens' Recap: Who is the Hag of Shady Lane?
- More From BuddyTV
- The 100 Video: Go Inside One of Clarke and Finn's Biggest Season 2 Scuffles
- Ratings: Scream Queens Slips Again
- Bones Sneak Peek: Booth Fights for Survival — Watch the Gross Video
- Sean Bean's Frankenstein Chronicles Miniseries Finds U.S. Home on A&E
- The Voice: Xtina Returning, Pharrell to Make It a Four-Peat for Season 10
- More From TVLine
- Ellen DeGeneres Surprises tWitch by Sharing the 'First Ultrasound' of His Baby
- Joe Giudice Opens Up About Teresa's Life Behind Bars: She's Really Not OK
- Justin Bieber Flaunts New Stomach Tattoo, Gets Another Excuse to Show Off His Washboard Abs
- Nicki Minaj Slams Miley Cyrus Over VMAs: You Don't Want to Know How Black Women Feel
- 'Gossip Girl' Shocker! You'll Never Guess Who Were Considered to Play Serena and Blair
- More From ET