See, this is what I get for believing a story from a paper owned by Rupert Murdoch! Earlier today I posted that the current version of Doctor Who was ending it's very successful run next year. That particular piece of information came from the UK
piece of toilet paper tabloid The Sun. Well, that may not actually be the case.
According to an article at the MediaGuardian website the fate of Doctor Who hasn't been decided yet. According to a BBC spokesperson ( a BBC drama spokesperson, at that) executive producer Russell Davies has signed on to oversee this year's Christmas special and the fourth series. However, his involvement after that is still up in the air, which seems to mean that the show would continue on without him. In fact, a senior BBC source says that there is no way that the show would be axed even if Davies decided to leave.
The Sun article reported that Davies, who is burnt out from the 16-hour production days, wanted to end the show while it was still on top in popularity and the ratings. The article went on to say that the senior Who staff were hatching a plan for a mass resignation in the summer of 2008.
Well, it was fun while it lasted.
According to UK tabloid The Sun the newest incarnation of Doctor Who, which has been a hit both in the UK and here in North America, will be ending its run after the fourth series finishes up next year. The decision to end it didn't come from executives over at BBC1. Rather, it came from Executive Producer Russell T. Davies, the man who relaunched the adventures of the good Doctor back in 2006.
According to The Sun article Davies wants to concentrate on other projects. So, he's decided to end the show while it's still on top in the ratings (the show is watched by 8 million viewers in the UK each week). David Tennant, who has portrayed the Doctor since the second series, has signed on to continue playing the role through the end of the series.
British newspaper The Sun is reporting that he tried to buy a man's clothes saying, "I like your clothings. Are nice! Please may I buying? I want have sex with." I wonder which part the guy didn't find funny? He was so offended that he punched Cohen in the face and continued punching him. Who came to his rescue? None other than Dr. House, who pushed the attacker away and helped Cohen to his feet. Cohen received no lasting bruises, and I'm sure if there was something internal House would have noticed right away.
You got to give it to the guy for staying in character even in off hours, but for his own safety, maybe it's time the real Sacha Baron Cohen please stand up.
Thanks to TV Squad reader Chris W for the tip.
Of course, he could also be floating his exit in the press as a bargaining tool. Maybe he wants more money, a personal chef, or just all the Toblerone he can possibly eat. Whatever the case, I'd like to see him stick around. I'm really enjoying his work as The Doctor in series two, currently airing in the U.S. on SciFi. But given the recent history of the show, anything can happen.
Yeah, those are the revelations from this interview with The Sun. She says she's really smart and made up the persona she has on The Simple Life. This is good news, because watching the show you say to yourself, my God, I hope she isn't really like that. And in the only thing Paris Hilton has ever said that makes me respect her a smidge, she says "all reality shows are fake. When you a camera on you, you are not going to act like yourself."
Hilton also says she's quite shy and doesn't like to party, and that if you see her at a party at 3am, she's getting paid for it. Hmmm...
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Once Upon a Time' Episode 5.3 Photos: Arthur and David Team Up to Catch a Thief
- 'Scream Queens' Quotes: The 15 Strangest Things Said in 'Halloween'
- Best 'Flash' Quotes from the Season 2 Premiere
- 'NCIS': 10 Mistakes Made in 'Incognito'
- [Videos] 'Vampire Diaries' Season 7 Premiere Sneak Peek: Yes, Stefan 'Made It a Thing'
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine Items: Grandfathered Casts Nikita Vet, J. Lo to Host AMAs and More
- The Originals Season 3: Hayley and Elijah Are 'Doomed to Love Each Other'
- Bob's Burgers Renewed for Seasons 7, 8
- Arrow Sneak Peek: Damien Darhk Lays Out His Evil Plot for Star City
- The 100 Video: Go Inside One of Clarke and Finn's Biggest Season 2 Scuffles
- More From TVLine
- No Doubt's 'Tragic Kingdom' Turns 20! Gwen Stefani Looks Back on the 'Magical Time'
- Lance Bass Says He Was 'Inappropriately' Touched as a Teen
- Kanye West Says He's 'Proud' of Caitlyn Jenner for 'Breaking Ground': 'F**k What People Say'
- Check Out Renee Zellweger Sporting a Baby Bump on Set of New 'Bridget Jones' Movie
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel': 6 Things to Know About Lady Gaga's Bloodthirsty, Sex-Obsessed Countess
- More From ET