The Ten Commandments
Well, it turns out that Linus Roache played Robert Kennedy in the mini-series, RFK. The Kennedy connection was even alluded to in last week's episode; at the end of the show, after McCoy had to defend his decision to prosecute overzealous New York City cops by taking the stand in open court, Roache's character, Cutter, gives him a tie pin that once belonged to RFK. With the last line of the show, Cutter says, "I found it on EBay."
Apparently, someone had some free time on his or her hands and used it to post various stills from The Simpsons episodes which mimic various famous movie or television scenes. Considering that the show has been around for almost 20 years, it's certainly had time to get such pastiche correct.
These stills seem to originate from earlier episodes, back when the naysayers would say the show was good. I admit I don't recognize every Simpsons episode in the list (or for that matter every movie still in the list), but it's easy to tell that the writers and animators were trying to reference the original movie or show for satire's sake.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Quotes of the Week: Best Zingers From New Girl, The Good Wife, Thrones, Vampire Diaries & More
- Orphan Black Season 2 Premiere Recap: Fishy Business — Plus: Grade the Episode!
- Ratings: Hannibal Rises, Shark Tank and Kitchen Nightmares Slip, Hart of Dixie Steady
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs From Awkward, Shameless, Crisis, Mindy and More
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black Returns, a Devious Premiere, Salem and More
- More From TVLine