The Tony Danza Show
Look at him! American hero turned rogue black-ops bad-ass turned American hero again. Carlos Bernard has taken Tony Almeida around the block more than once on FOX's tick-tocking drama 24. Despite the fact that he "died" in season five, Bernard has made one thing clear during Tony's "resurrection" on the show's seventh season - you can't keep a good man down.
I had the chance to speak to Bernard last week. Lots of scoop on the remainder of the current season, some info on the soul-patch era, and the one thing that everyone is dying to know - where's Tony's Cubs mug?
Tony Danza, in a surprising move following the recent cancellation of his syndicated daytime talk show, will join the Broadway cast of Mel Brooks' The Producers starting on December 19.
I say surprising not because Danza lacks stage experience. He's previously had roles in The Iceman Cometh and A View From the Bridge. I say surprising because am I the only one who has a hard time picturing Danza as Max Bialystock? I think he's a wonderful actor but this role? Not so sure.
We'll have to see. Sharing the stage with Danza will be Roger Bart as Leo Bloom until February 11. Danza's run will go for one month after that. His talk show was canceled last spring and was replaced in most markets by new daytime chat-fest Rachael Ray.
In case you have an empty room in your house that you don't plan on using anytime soon, may I suggest something to put in it? As the final episode of The Tony Danza Show quickly approaches (it's this Friday), the show has listed it's trademark Extravadanza gameboard on E-Bay. For those that have never seen the show, Extravadanza works just like Plinko on The Price is Right. However, Extravadanza is far superior because it has two large moving hands that shake uncontrollably while the contestant drops the puck. If you're interested though, better break out the checkbook and fast. Last I checked, there were almost 60 bids and it's already over $700 with an $800 minimum shipping fee.
Tomorrow to help kick off Tony Danza's final week as a talk-show host, Danza is welcoming the one person you'd least expect to be a guest on his show.
That's right, tomorrow morning The Tony Danza Show has Joel McHale of The Soup. Now, I know what you're all thinking. Doesn't Joel McHale make a living by doing nothing other than bash on Tony Danza on his his E! program? Well, yeah... he does. Which is why I can only assume that tomorrow's episode of Danza will be one of the funniest things on TV this week. I mean, what happens when Tony busts out one of his classic "danzitions" and McHale nails him on the spot for it?
For those that don't watch The Soup, a "danzition" refers to the method Tony uses to move from one topic to the next and they usually run something like this: "So look at my nails, they're all shiny because I had a manicure done... oh, I almost forgot, _____ _____ died." Now you understand why I can't wait for tomorrow.
Oh and it's worth mentioning that the final episode of The Tony Danza Show airs this Friday.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 9: Semifinals Part 1 Performance Rankings
- 'America's Next Top Model' Cycle 21 Episode 3 Photos: Behind the Scenes of the Rainy Photo Shoot
- 'Under the Dome': 19 Shocking Moments from 'The Red Door'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Episode 5 Photos: The Aftermath of Hurricane AshLee
- 'Covert Affairs' Summer Finale Recap: A Place to Fight Back From
- More From BuddyTV
- Chelsea Lately's Final Hour: Handler Says (and Sings) Goodbye to E!
- Has Once Upon a Time's Season 4B Villain Been Revealed...?
- Post Mortem: Covert Affairs Bosses Talk [Spoiler]'s Fate, Annie and Auggie's 'Challenge' and More
- Pretty Little Liars Summer Finale Recap: Death Becomes Her
- CBS' The McCarthys Drafts Rick Fox
- More From TVLine
- EXCLUSIVE: Oprah to Play Richard Pryor's Grandma in Lee Daniels' Biopic
- A 'Full House' Revival is in the Works
- A Brittany Murphy Murder Mystery? Lifetime Releases Biopic Trailer
- EXCLUSIVE! Pretty Little Liars Shocker: Find Out Why [SPOILER] Needed to Die!
- The Stars of Vine Dissect the Emmys
- More From ET