The film follows the life of The Beatles' lead guitarist from his musical beginnings in Liverpool through his life as a musician, a seeker, a philanthropist and a filmmaker.
It weaves together interviews with Harrison and his closest friends, performances, home movies and photographs. Much of the material in the film has never been seen or heard before in public.
In a statement, George Lombardo, President, HBO Programming, said "When Martin Scorsese brings a project to HBO, we all know it is going to be very special, and he has added to that body of work with this monumental film on George Harrison. From rock'n'roll icon to moviemaker, to spiritual seeker and humanitarian, George Harrison was a true renaissance man. This amazing film will illuminate every aspect of Harrison's remarkable, multifaceted life."
Pretty boys don't do it for me. Long, flowing locks aren't what generally draws me to a guy. As a result, I was never particularly drawn to 'American Idol' contestant, Casey James. Of course I understood the attraction on an intellectual level -- I do have eyes after all, and he is a very pretty man. But throughout the first half of this season of 'Idol,' he remained little more than a background player to me.
Casey was talented enough, but he never knocked my socks off. I figured that he'd stick around for a while because he's good-looking and he doesn't stink up the stage with his performances, but that after a while, he'd be swept up in a cloud of blond hair and sparkling teeth and he'd become nothing but a distant, blue-eyed memory. That all changed this week, however, when he performed 'Jealous Guy.' All the sudden, I was sitting in front of my TV and a random thought struck me: "I kind of want to make out with him."
The hit musical series is back in less than month and Fox has been releasing new promos and special videos in an effort to wet the nation's collective appetite.
New segments of "Sue's Corner" have hit the Internet and commercials featuring new music and scenes are hitting Fox's airwaves, readying us for what we hope is a triumphant return on April 13 at 9PM EST on Fox.
Check out the new videos after the jump.
Anyway, the new promos have been using a cover version of the Beatles' "Get Back" to not-so-subtly greet the host back from prime time hell. But one very clever YouTube user found a much more appropriate song to accompany Jay on his return back to 11:30 p.m.
Now, Variety is reporting that the British actor, fresh off his turn as arms dealer Destro in 'G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra,' will play John Lennon in 'Naked Lennon,' a biography film commissioned by BBC Four.
'Naked Lennon' will focus on Lennon's life from 1967-1971, the period during which Lennon first met Yoko Ono and The Beatles were going through a rather turbulent disintegration. Variety is also reporting that Naoko Mori ('Torchwood') will play Yoko Ono, while Rory Kinnear ('Quantum of Solace') has been tapped to play Beatles manager Brian Epstein; Irish actor Andrew Scott ('Saving Private Ryan') will play Paul McCartney.
I've gotten this question a few times, so I decided to ask you guys for help.
Ouchie Poos asks, "What tv detective type series used the beatles song "got to get you into my life" while running the end credits? The program had the same sort of setup as Department S but without the weird mysteries."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Grimm' Season 3 Episode Photos
- 'Elementary' My Dear Watson: Best Deductions from 'Tremors'
- 'Once Upon a Time in Wonderland': 18 Shocking Moments from 'Bad Blood'
- 'Project Runway All Stars' Season 3: Ranking the Looks of 'Marge Madness'
- 'American Horror Story: Coven' Episode Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Arrow' midseason finale photos: Do Oliver and Roy die in 'Three Ghosts'?
- 'Outlander' adds Simon Callow; Regina King joins 'The Strain' at FX
- 'SNL': One Direction makes Paul Rudd faint in new promos - Watch
- After 'Sound of Music Live!': 6 other musicals to consider for TV
- 'Haven': Why William is the best thing to happen to a messed-up town in Maine
- More From Zap2it
- TVLine Items: Regina King Joins The Strain, New Terminator Series In Development and More
- Did Blacklist's Wig Wow You? Glee's Best Jesus? Dead Cameo? WTF, GH Wedding?! And More Qs
- Scoop: Scandal Season 3 Episode Order Trimmed in Wake of Kerry Washington's Pregnancy News
- Bates Motel Exclusive: Haunting New Season 2 Promos Point to Fresh Blood (and Taxidermy!)
- Ratings: NBC's Sound of Music Live! Does Something Very Good; Glee and Grey's Eye Lows
- More From TVLine