Viewers were also into grittier fare like realistic cop dramas ('Ironside,' 'Adam-12') and war action series ('12 O'Clock High,' 'Combat!'), though there was plenty of classic sitcom fun on the airwaves, too, from 'The Andy Griffith Show' and 'The Dick Van Dyke Show' to 'Get Smart' and 'My Three Sons.'
Take a look at our picks of the decade's best and let us know if we got it right. -- By Kimberly Potts
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding stars, Nia Vardalos and John Corbett are teaming up again in a new rom-com.
- I had absolutely no recollection of The Fugitive's trailer, but watching it again makes me understand why Cinematical included it as a Terrific Trailer.
- While a good movie, I found Lars and the Real Girl to be quite disturbing. So the fact that The Beaver is being compared to it, involves a hand puppet and may star Jim Carrey? Frankly, I'm terrified.
- I haven't gotten a chance to see Wolverine yet, but according to this Cinematical poll, it wasn't great. What did you think?
- I'm not exactly waiting for the G.I. Joe movie with bated breath, but in case you are, here's the trailer in HD.
But AOL TV's picks of the top TV dramas include the most brilliant doctors and lawyers, the angst-iest teens, sci-fi series that transcend their genre molds, family dramas that both warm and break your heart, terrorist- and mobster-fighting heroes ... and a show that combined the best of family and gangster drama into one unforgettable series.
Click through to see all 50 of the best TV dramas of all time.
(S03E19) "I'm a new lesbian!" - Catalina
In most places, knowing that a family of four is living in your favorite restaurant might make you think twice about eating there. However in that wacky Camden County it just makes the place feel more "homey."
The beginning of this episode was the most exciting two minutes I've experienced since I lost my virginity. Randy's account of what Earl missed made me laugh out loud, seeing Joy's kids actually trying to learn something was refreshing and learning that Catalina is a lesbian was like hearing a chorus of angels singing. Welcome back Earl!
Here are the new TV DVDs, in stores tomorrow.
- All Creatures Great and Small - Series 7 and Complete Series sets
- Aqua Teen Hunger Force (movie)
- Avatar: The Last Airbender - Book 2: Earth, Vol. 4
- Bewitched - The Complete Seasons 1-5
- Brian Regan: Standing Up
- Doctor Who - #75 and #158
- Dynasty - Season 2
- Elvis: The Miniseries
- The Fugitive (original) - Season 1, Vol. 1
- Home Run Derby - Vol. 2
- Kids in the Hall - Pilot: Headcrusher Edition
- Loonatics: Unleased - Season 2
- Masters of Horror - "Valerie on the Stairs" and "We All Scream For Ice Cream"
- McLeod's Daughters - Season 3
Poor Tim Daly. Ever since Wings ended back in 1997 he hasn't had much luck in the television world. Sure, he's had a number of successful guest appearances, and he did have a good run as the voice of Clark Kent/Superman on the WB's Superman: The Animated Series, but those don't really count. Where his luck has been failing is on series where he has had a leading role.
It's not like the shows themselves were bad. Quite the contrary, all three shows that Daly starred in were decent critical successes. In addition, Tim himself was credited by professional and fan alike as having a strong performance in all these shows. The problem was either the fan base wasn't strong enough to keep the shows on the air or the networks just decided they had a more successful show to fill the spot.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Finale Recap: Does Alexandria Need Rick Grimes?
- 'Battle Creek' Recap: Liar, Liar, House on Fire
- 'Once Upon a Time' Recap: The Author is Revealed
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Recap: The Ladies Try to Make Amends During a Girls' Getaway
- 'Secrets and Lies' Exclusive Interview: KaDee Strickland Teases Coming 'Threat, Urgency and Danger'
- More From BuddyTV
- 'The Walking Dead' Spin-Off Releases First Ominous Teaser
- Taylor Swift and Justin Timberlake Adorably Freak Out Together at the iHeartRadio Awards
- Beyonce Reunites With Destiny's Child at Stellar Awards
- 8 Burning Questions We Have after Watching HBO's Scientology Doc, ‘Going Clear'
- iHeartRadio Music Awards 2015 Red Carpet Arrivals
- More From ET