(S04E01) "This place is absolutely barkin' mad." - Sharon about Seattle
This year's season premiere of America's Got Talent was about the same as last year's and the previous one: same montage of bad and good acts, instant reactions from the host backstage, the same type of comments from Piers, Sharon and the Hoff, and the last act being one where the contestants have a touching story and are great performers.
The main difference was the change in host -- Nick Cannon took over for Jerry Springer -- and the fact that a contestant, whose act was singing and playing guitar, decided to profess his love to The Hoff! That was probably the highlight of the entire two-hour premiere.
Reuters Canada is reporting that David Hasselhoff is in talks to reprise his role as the titular character Michael Knight in the updating of the classic series Knight Rider. In the new telefilm / back-door-pilot, Justin Bruening (All My Children) has already been cast as Mike Tracer, the estranged son of Hasselhoff's Knight, who never knew his father.
Just added is fellow soap-star Deanna Russo of The Young and the Restless. She'll play Tracer's former girlfriend Sarah Kamen. In the film, she sets out with KITT (that's the talking car) to find her father, recruiting Tracer along the way. Does she know he's the son of Michael Knight? Does Kitt? Maybe KITT is vampiric now and needs Knight blood to survive; Hasselhoff will be trapped in the engine block, barely alive. "FEED ME, MICHAEL!"
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'America's Got Talent' Live Blog: First 12 Acts Perform Live For Your Vote
- 'Dance Moms' Recap: More Mommas, More Drama
- 'Chasing Life' Recap: A Strip Club and a Living Funeral
- 'The Quest' Premiere Episode Photos
- The Final Rose: Josh and Andi's Fairytale Journey on 'The Bachelorette'
- More From BuddyTV
- Pretty Little Liars Recap: Crazy Horse
- CSI Recruits Mark Valley to Team With (and Romance?) Finlay
- Sharknado 2 Has Arrived! 9 Reasons to Watch, 6 Questions You Should Ask
- The Originals' Claire Holt Joins NBC Drama Aquarius as Series Regular
- TV Land Cancels Kirstie Alley Sitcom Kirstie After One Season
- More From TVLine