Read the interview to figure out when you need to book your trip to New York, or get the hell out of the city -- depending on your perspective.
(S34E16) It was pretty obvious there was going to be at least two sketches with the Jonas Brothers. I called it! I mean, no one apart from the people in my apartment know I called it, but that doesn't change the facts or my sad sense of accomplishment. I had to tune out once they started singing (sorry, 15 year-old girls), but their skits were all right. Alec Baldwin did a fine job of hosting as well, though there weren't any particularly striking sketches. I suppose after doing something like "Schwetty Balls", just about everything else will pale in comparison.
With that said, I know that the announcement of each season's DWTS cast is heavily anticipated and rumored for months before the actual announcement. We heard that Dan Marino may be a contestant; a claim that was soon denied. 82-year-old Cloris Leachman was another name floated, as was Magnum, P.I. himself, Tom Selleck. Kim Kardashian and Kathy Griffin were also said to have been approached.
As with most rumors, some of these turned out to be false, but others had some truth to them. Follow me after the jump for the official (and completely insane) cast of Dancing With the Stars' seventh season, along with some twists the producers have cooked up for this go-around.
About High School Musical 3, Hudgens, who is currently on location shooting San Francisco, says that she thinks the crew is done after the completion of the trilogy. She also reveals that her character gets accepted to Stanford.
Hudgens also refutes reports that beau Zac Efron doesn't shower. (Has anyone else heard this? Am I just not hip to the goings on of tween dreams like Zac Efron? Maybe I should pick up a Tiger Beat magazine.) She says, "That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Whoever came up with that is completely idiotic. He showers! He showers! Believe me, he does."
So, there's no more High School Musical after this one. Looks like Camp Rock, which stars the Jonas Brothers, will be Disney's new cash cow.
Give credit to the House of Mouse: they really know how to use their media empire to the fullest when it comes to premiere events. Especially if it is a made-for-TV movie featuring the popular (but not Hannah Montana popular) Jonas Brothers. That's why Camp Rock, the newest musical movie from Disney, is premiering on not one channel, not two channels, but four media outlets in four days.
The festivities begin on June 20th. That's when the malls will be empty as millions of tween and teen girls flock to their high-definition televisions to watch Camp Rock on Disney Channel. The next day, the movie moves over to ABC, making it the first made-for-TV Disney Channel movie to premiere on the company's parent network. The day after that, June 22nd, Camp Rock will make its way over to ABC Family, where it will be a bit more family-friendly than some of the shows and movies that air on the cable network right now. Finally, on Monday, June 23rd, the movie will premiere on Disney.com in beautiful DXD.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 11: Ranking the 11 Most Memorable Meltdowns
- 'Teen Wolf': 17 Freaky Moments from 'Required Reading'
- 'Teen Wolf' Interview: Dylan Sprayberry Talks More Comedy for Liam in Season 5
- 'RHONYC' Star Ramona Singer on Cheating Husband: He's 'Dead' to Me
- 'Teen Wolf' Recap: The Pack Takes a Trip Down Memory Lane
- More From BuddyTV
- Sense8 Season 2: EP 'Cautiously Optimistic' About Pickup
- Game of Thrones: 8 (Mostly) Plausible Ways Jon Snow Can Be in Season 6
- Lost Alum Terry O'Quinn Joins ABC's Secrets and Lies for Season 2
- Fuller House: Olsen Twins 'Teetering' on Deal to Join Netflix Revival
- Ratings: The Bachelorette Surges vs. Previous Season Finale
- More From TVLine
- Heidi Klum Declares Her Love for Boyfriend Vito Schnabel on His 29th Birthday
- Janet Jackson Shuts Down Tour Production to Be With Her Ailing Father
- Nicki Minaj's Ex-Boyfriend Dropped a Diss Track About Her New Boyfriend, Meek Mill
- Luke Bryan Is 'Honored' to Be Raising His Late Sister's Children
- 'Empire' Stars Grace Gealey and Trai Byers Are Engaged
- More From ET