Pay attention all you 'Killing' fans who are stuffed to the gills with turkey and want nothing more than to wrap yourself in comfy knitwear and sit sour-faced in front of the TV for the rest of the weekend: You can now do it Sarah Lund/Linden-style.
Whether you want to buy their sweaters from the Faroe Islands, or knit them yourself, we guarantee that all will be revealed after the jump.
But during the AMC panel this morning at the Television Critics Association press tour, which is taking place this week and next in Los Angeles, AMC executive Joel Stillerman also addressed the heated reaction to the network's crime drama, 'The Killing.'
"The major takeaway for us after the finale of 'The Killing' starts with the headline that, for everybody who was frustrated, we hear you," said Stillerman, AMC's senior vice president of original programming.
Stillerman said that the network's mistake with the show was to imply that the mystery would be solved in the first season.
Below are my thoughts on the Season 1 finale of 'The Killing.' You might say that I have many thoughts about it.
But don't read on unless you've seen the final episode of the season.
Will the AMC murder mystery stick the landing? Check back here after midnight ET Sunday to find out what I thought of 'The Killing's' season finale -- I'll try to get that recap posted as quickly as I can after the final episode of Season 1 airs.
Until then, we've got a clip from 'The Killing''s Season 1 swan song:
Based on the Danish series 'Forbrydelsen,' 'The Killing' tracks three different storylines after the murder of a young Seattle girl: the detectives on the case; the grieving parents; and the murder suspects. Enos will play Sarah, the lead homicide detective on the investigation. She will join the already-cast Billy Campbell ('Once and Again'), as city council president and mayoral hopeful Darren Richmond, and Michelle Forbes ('True Blood') and Brent Sexton ('In the Valley of Elah') as the victim's parents.
More casting news after the jump.
AMC is getting even more serious about original programming, particularly in the wake of the success of 'Breaking Bad' and 'Mad Men.' First the network greenlit a full season for the television adaptation of 'The Walking Dead,' and now they've cast Billy Campbell in the lead of their new series pilot about an investigation into the murder of a young girl titled 'The Killing.'
'The Killing' actually sounds far more interesting than that brief description, as the police end up investigating three interlocking stories that led to the murder. If 'The Killing' ends up becoming a series, it could be about season-long, very complex series of crime investigations, like a really long episode of 'CSI.'
All of this is speculation as the series is currently only slated for a pilot. The possibility of a series is up in the air and if it comes down to either this show or 'The Walking Dead,' I would go with the latter.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bachelorette' Runner-Up Nick Viall: ' I Think Shawn Really Enjoys My Misfortune'
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: The House Flips and New Targets Emerge
- 'Big Brother 17' Week 5: Vanessa's 2nd HoH Photos
- 'Graceland' Recap: Mike's Addiction Worsens
- 'Under the Dome' Recap: It's the End of the World as We Know It
- More From BuddyTV
- Castle Season 8: Ann Cusack Cast as Mystery Woman With Ties to [Spoiler]
- How to Get Away With Murder Season 2: X-Men's Famke Janssen Lands Arc
- Cancelled Too Soon: Pushing Daisies, Constantine, Forever & 17 More Shows TVLine Readers Will Always Miss
- Ratings: Astronaut Wives Club Rises, Big Brother Ticks Up
- Humans Renewed for Season 2 at AMC
- More From TVLine
- EXCLUSIVE: Kristen Wiig and Alexander Skarsgård Share a Kiss in New ‘Diary of a Teenage Girl' Clip
- Ashlee Simpson and Evan Ross Welcome Baby Girl
- Ice T Hilariously Provides Voices for Characters From 'Care Bears' and 'Smurfs'
- Watch One Direction Learn How to ‘Whip/Nae Nae' From a Super-Cute Fan
- Khloe Kardashian: My Sisters and I Still Refer to Caitlyn Jenner as 'Bruce'
- More From ET