Watch the video after the jump.
Since there are twelve shows a-stinkin' on TV this year (well, that's the low estimate), you might be glad to hear that 2008 brought us some spectacular TV on DVD. You knew there had to be a bright spot, right?
Whether you want to re-watch your favorite classic shows from the '50s or '60s (or earlier), or catch up on one of the hottest shows on current TV (yeah, there are a few) by starting with the first season, they've been released on DVD in 2008. It was actually hard to pick just ten, but for better or for worse, here are my picks:
That's a lot of guest stars to pack into one season, but now we have news of two more. Everybody's favorite Gossip Girls, Blair and Serena, AKA Leighton Meester and Blake Lively, are coming to 30 Rock. What on earth could bring these Upper East Siders to Midtown? Are they trying to overthrow Liz Lemon as queen bee of TGS with Tracy Jordan? Are they starring in a movie with Tracy Jordan? There's more info on their storyline after the jump.
I used to watch the show just about every Saturday night, especially during its early years (it was a big event when Julie went from her bowl cut to the feathered look... I think it coincided with my very first months of pre-puberty). At the time, I just took the show at face value, but as the years have gone on, aspects of life on the Pacific Princess made me scratch my head, starting with a fact of life that just about everyone took for granted:
Television producer Aaron Spelling, who has worked in some capacity on nearly 200 productions, suffered a stroke over this past weekend. According to spokesman Kevin Sasaki, the 83-year-old Spelling, who has produced such hits as Beverly Hills 90210, Melrose Place, Charmed and 7th Heaven, was briefly hospitalized. Sasaki did not know the extent of damage the stroke caused; however, he said that the fact he was released from the hospital was a good sign.
If you have watched a television show anytime during your life you have probably seen a show that Aaron Spelling had a hand in. He has produced a number of nighttime soaps including Dynasty, Family, The Colbys, Summerland and Twin Peaks (he co-produced the series). He also produced a number of crime dramas such as Starsky & Hutch, T.J. Hooker, The Mod Squad, and Burke's Law. During the 1970's, his mark could be found on ABC with the hits Charlie's Angels, The Love Boat, Vega$, and Fantasy Island. Needless to say, an extremely impressive resume.
Spelling is the father of actor Tori Spelling, who appeared in Beverly Hills 90210, and Randy Spelling
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' Season 8: Meet Pharrell Williams' Team
- 'The Voice' Season 8: Meet Adam Levine's Team
- 'Castle' Episode 7.17 Photos: Competition for Beckett at the Shooting Range
- 'Scandal' Episode 4.16 Photos: Olivia Meets with Cyrus and Abby
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.16 Photos: Richard Bonds with Maggie
- More From BuddyTV
- The 100 Finale: Will Clarke and Lexa's Budding Romance Survive the War?
- TVLine Items: Garfunkel & Oates Axed, Originals' New Witch and More
- Castle First Look: Can Linda Park's Hong Kong Cop Outgun Beckett?
- Sarah Michelle Gellar Joins Disney XD's Star Wars Rebels for Season 2
- Suits Finale Preview: The L-Bomb, Brotherly Flashbacks — Plus: Watch Harvey and Donna's First Meeting!
- More From TVLine
- Britney Spears' Hair Extensions Fall Out During Energetic Vegas Show
- Kanye Wasn't the Only One 'Beaten by a Girl'! 13 Other Times Nicki Minaj Stole the Song
- Is This the Hottest Hilary Duff Has Ever Looked?
- Watch Derick Dillard Try to Run Over a Cat with His Sled While Duggar Family Cheers
- Ellen DeGeneres Settles the Great Dress Debate Once and For All!
- More From ET