Hobbies/businesses that don't turn a profit are a common cause of dispute on the show, but this one was unusual. When Bobbi met her future husband Anton, he was in law school, and Mystic Realms was a side business. Eventually, it became his main business, which didn't make Bobbi happy. LaBelle wasn't impressed, either. "This man is pitiful," said Labelle. "She needs to kick his ass."
Robert didn't have the qualifications to run a vineyard, but he did have two other guys who also knew nothing about vineyards who he could hire to work the place. Robert figured he was fine, and Stephanie obviously disagreed. "He started a garden this year in our backyard and we wound up reaping six jalapeno peppers and a three hundred dollar water bill because he kept on forgetting to turn off the sprinkler," she lamented.
With Lauren Graham, Colin Quinn and Mary J. Blige sitting on the stage, Michael was outnumbered, and he knew it.
The issue was one of shopping. Michael hated it and didn't want to do it, but Dora wanted him to come with her and be supportive of how she liked to shop. Quinn backed Michael, though he took it further than even Michael probably was intending.
Without actually speaking his name, The Ma-Sheen's ex-wife, Denise Richards, revealed a little about Sheen's controlling ways while comparing their marriage to the show's latest cross couple.
She liked to build and furnish lavish dollhouses, but the cost of the furniture accessories was almost the same as buying the same thing at full-size. The wife says other hobbies are expensive too, but this is the one that makes her happy. The husband's simply balking at the price.
Pompeo sided with the wife, but managed to do it so masterfully that the husband was nodding and hanging on her every word as well.
The video package showed the man working out faithfully -- with a Thighmaster to Tom Papa's delight -- and trying to put his wife in a skimpy red dress. After 40+ years of marriage, the panel just couldn't see why he wasn't satisfied with his wife as she was.
Susie Essman said, "She looks great to me. He's trying to make her feel bad about herself."
Tracy Morgan disagreed with that, applauding the man for still seeing his wife as this vivacious woman who can pull off a sultry little number like that, but agreed that she was beautiful just the way she is.
"They were saying how Christine looked so great and her lips were beautiful and all of a sudden she's getting a really big head, she's doing some Botox, she wants to do Playboy," said Kohlenberg. After the show, she left Kohlenberg and their four-and-a-half-year old son to go to Hollywood, he said.
Seinfeld's reaction to the story, which was quoted in the Daily News, was a less-than-apologetic "Love it!" The couple initially went on 'The Marriage Ref' to get publicity for their spa business, which, like their marriage, is now defunct.
The most memorable of the three couples was definitely the Johnsons. The wife was frustrated because of her husbands obsession with all things pumpkins, including growing gigantic ones and even naming them.
The celebrities were on his side, though Jerry Seinfeld told him to do something about how ugly they look when they get so big.
"I think you have to realize that every marriage is ridiculous," he said. "We're all a mess and there's always problems and it's better if you just laugh at it and don't take it too seriously." Once more, he said his wife agrees with him, which is a good sign.
Papa revealed that the stakes are a little higher for the new season of 'Marriage Ref.' Whoever wins the argument is declared "The Rightest of the Right," and they win $25,000 and a billboard in their hometown declaring their, well, rightness. That's a lot of cash, but, as Papa said, "Every married couple is like, 'I want the billboard.' No one cares about the money."
This is either a hiccup or a sign of things to come: Ratings for most of the shows that aired last night were down, according to the Live Feed.
The ratings winner was CBS, who aired 'Survivor,' 'CSI' (which tied its all-time series low, with 13.3 million viewers and a 2.8 rating in the 18-49 demo) and 'The Mentalist.'
Meanwhile, things didn't turn out well on the NBC front: 'Community' hit a series low, with a measly 3.9 million viewers,' while 'The Office' (6.4 million) and a double-feature of '30 Rock' (4.2 million, 5.2 million) hit season lows.
Also hitting a season low: ABC's 'Private Practice,' with just 7.4 million viewers.
Tell us: What did you watch last night?
More casting news after the jump.
Watch the video after the jump.
Well, the concept is surprising but it is probably a smart move for TLC to bring back one of their big ratings heavy hitters. The channel's obviously part of the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality. Or rather "If it broke, then scrape together the remaining pieces and put a handful of them back on TV with a slightly better haircut."
Here's tonight's TV lineup (all times are Eastern). All shows mentioned are new, except where otherwise noted.
8:00 to 9:00
- ABC: 'FlashForward'
- CBS: 'Survivor'
- The CW: 'The Vampire Diaries'
- FOX: The 100th episode of 'Bones'
- History: 'Modern Marvels' -- The history of soft drinks
- CBS: 'CSI'
- The CW: 'Supernatural'
- FOX: 'Fringe'
- A&E: 'The First 48'
- TLC: 'Police Women of Maricopa County'
- CBS: 'The Mentalist'
- NBC: Recently renewed 'The Marriage Ref'
- A&E: 'Fugitive Chronicles'
- Bravo: 'The Real Housewives of New York City' (aka: 'The Bethany and Jill Show')
- Food: 'Ace of Cakes'
- Lifetime: 'Project Runway'
- MTV: 'Randy Jackson Presents: America's Best Dance Crew'
- Showtime: 'Gina Yashere: Skinny Bitch'
- TLC: 'LA Ink'
- Comedy Central: 'The Sarah Silverman Program' and 'Important Things With Demetri Martin'
After the jump, the late night talk shows.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.6 Photos: A Visit from April's Mom
- 'Constantine' Series Premiere Recap: John Constantine Makes a Big Entrance
- The 10 Best Looks of 'Project Runway' Season 13
- 'Reign' Episode 2.5 Photos: Will Greer Get Married?
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: One Team is Accused of Playing Dirty
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Constantine Does Sub-Dracula Numbers, Blue Bloods Hits Highs
- Constantine: Will You Go to Hell and Back for NBC's New Drama?
- Grimm Season 4 Premiere Recap: Trubel-ing Times
- ABC's Manhattan Love Story Is Fall TV Season's First Cancellation
- BSG's Tricia Helfer Suits Up as Harvey's Foe (and Lust Interest)
- More From TVLine
- Renee Zellweger and 7 Other Stars Who Dramatically Changed Their Look
- One Direction Parties With Danny DeVito in ‘Steal My Girl' Music Video!
- Flashback: Before 'Honey Boo Boo' Got Famous
- Halle Berry vs. Britney Spears: Inside Look at Their Sexy Lingerie Lines
- Happy 30th Birthday Katy Perry! Watch Her Greatest ET Moments
- More From ET