Normally, I'd say this premise makes Gigantic sound like another brain dead tween show. You know, the kind that might end up launching the next big bubblegum pop star like Miley Cyrus. But I expect more from Noxon, Prouse and The N.
We are just a scant five days and handful of hours away until the calendar page turns over and we are in 2008. As usual, whenever a new year comes screaming and shouting out of womb of the old one changes abound. Nowhere does that seem more prevalent than in the world of television. Not only will we see a slew of mid-season premieres popping up as early as January 1st, but two cable networks will be changing as well.
The first change actually starts on New Year's Eve. That is when Noggin and The N become two separate cable networks. Both networks will expand to a 24-hour schedule of programming, with Noggin remaining commercial-free and on its current channel position. The N, which is home to the very popular Degrassi: The Next Generation will be relocated to another channel. You will want to speak to your local cable company about its new location before you go through withdrawal.
Noggin will continue with programming aimed at the preschool set with programs like Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!, Oobi, Jack's Big Music Show, and Nick Jr. properties like Dora the Explorer, Blue's Clues and The Backyardigans.
The N, originally the evening version of Noggin aimed at teens (and "tweens" to use a meaningless marketing term), will expand to 24 hours with TEENick programming during the day (All That, The Amanda Show, etc) and original programming at night: Degrassi: The Next Generation, South of Nowhere, and Beyond the Break. The N also acquired rights to air reruns of That '70s Show starting June 2008.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Orphan Black' Recap: Devotion and Desperation Lead to Big Moves and Confrontations
- 'The Messengers' Recap: Dealing with Pestilence
- 'Wayward Pines' Interview: M. Night Shyamalan on Shocking Death and Darker Turn
- 'Bachelorette' Star Kaitlyn Bristowe on Pre-Fantasy Suite Sex: 'I Don't Know Why Everyone is So Shocked'
- 'The Bachelor' Season 11 Week 2 Photos: Punchlines and Punches
- More From BuddyTV
- Orphan Black Boss Talks [Spoiler]'s Sacrifice, Angry Felix, Twerking Alison
- Saturday Night Live: Watch Season 40's 15 Best Sketches Now!
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Grant Gustin
- Fuller House: Olsen Twins Not Returning as Michelle, EP Confirms
- The Good Wife: Matthew Goode Exits Ahead of Season 7
- More From TVLine
- Kim Kardashian & Kris Humphries' Failed Wedding Birthed A New California Law
- Celebs React to Ireland's Historic Same-Sex Marriage Vote
- Sharon Osbourne to Take Month Leave From 'The Talk' After Collapse
- 'One Tree Hill' star Jana Kramer Marries NFL Player Michael Caussin
- Star Sightings May 2015
- More From ET