April 28, 2015
by Danny Gallagher, posted Apr 13th 2010 11:04AM
Very few shows have featured New Orleans as its setting, and it's not hard to see why. The list is a mix of critically acclaimed but quickly canceled shows, and critically disemboweled and canceled-just-as-quickly shows.
'Treme,' HBO's new drama from 'The Wire' creator David Simon and 'Wire' writer/producer Eric Overmyer, could break the mold that so many others have tried to crack. Judging from the first episode, their chances are looking good. If 'Treme' goes on to achieve the fame that 'The Wire' has, it won't just have its staff, creators, or even the city to thank for providing such beautiful inspiration.
It will have these other shows to thank for choking on that overcooked beignet for them.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The Flash Preview: 10 Things to Know About Tonight's Super 'Trap'
- Flesh and Bone Trailer: Starz Ballet Drama Shows the Dark Side of Dance
- Grey's Anatomy Adds Mentalist Alum Joe Adler for Season-Ending Arc
- American Idol's Quentin Alexander on His Most Inventive Performances, Wildest Outfits and Favorite Mentor
- Ratings: Stalker Returns Up After Nine-Week Hiatus, Tops The Following
- More From TVLine
- Adam Lambert on Career Highs and Paving the Way for Gay Artists: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Prince William and Kate Middleton Surprise Royal Baby Fans With Breakfast, Did They Reveal It's a Girl?
- EXCLUSIVE! 'New Girl' Sneak Peek: Schmidt Admits He's a 'Sick Man' Who Hates Panties!
- 'Star Trek' Actress Alice Eve: Bruce Jenner Is 'Playing at Being a Woman'
- Meet G.E.M.: The Chinese Pop Star About to Take Over America
- More From ET