October 1, 2014
by Danny Gallagher, posted Apr 13th 2010 11:04AM
Very few shows have featured New Orleans as its setting, and it's not hard to see why. The list is a mix of critically acclaimed but quickly canceled shows, and critically disemboweled and canceled-just-as-quickly shows.
'Treme,' HBO's new drama from 'The Wire' creator David Simon and 'Wire' writer/producer Eric Overmyer, could break the mold that so many others have tried to crack. Judging from the first episode, their chances are looking good. If 'Treme' goes on to achieve the fame that 'The Wire' has, it won't just have its staff, creators, or even the city to thank for providing such beautiful inspiration.
It will have these other shows to thank for choking on that overcooked beignet for them.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'America's Next Top Model' Cycle 21 Episode 7 Photos: Things Get Icy
- 'The Voice' Season 7: Meet Gwen Stefani's Team
- 'Chicago Fire': 11 Epic Shayveride Moments
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 19: Week 3 Performance Rankings
- 'Sleepy Hollow': 15 Surprising and Unwanted Developments from 'The Kindred'
- More From BuddyTV
- Parenthood First Look: Amber and Sarah Have a Serious Baby Talk
- Jessie Gets Engaged, Liv and Maddie's Triplet and More 'Monstober' Photos
- Mistresses' Alyssa Milano: I Won't Be Returning for Season 3
- ABC Family, HBO and MTV Lead GLAAD's Annual LGBT Inclusion Study; CW Has No Regular LGBT Characters
- MTV's Happyland: Is New Comedy Worth the Price of Admission?
- More From TVLine