October 31, 2014
by Danny Gallagher, posted Apr 13th 2010 11:04AM
Very few shows have featured New Orleans as its setting, and it's not hard to see why. The list is a mix of critically acclaimed but quickly canceled shows, and critically disemboweled and canceled-just-as-quickly shows.
'Treme,' HBO's new drama from 'The Wire' creator David Simon and 'Wire' writer/producer Eric Overmyer, could break the mold that so many others have tried to crack. Judging from the first episode, their chances are looking good. If 'Treme' goes on to achieve the fame that 'The Wire' has, it won't just have its staff, creators, or even the city to thank for providing such beautiful inspiration.
It will have these other shows to thank for choking on that overcooked beignet for them.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- November 2014: Don't Miss These 12 TV Shows and Events
- 'The Vampire Diaries': 19 Jaw-Dropping Moments from 'The World Has Turned and Left Me Here'
- 'Project Runway: All Stars' Season 4 Premiere: Ranking the Looks of 'Made in Manhattan'
- Halloween Scarefest: Your Guide to Finding the Perfect Spooky TV and Movie Marathon
- 'Constantine' Interview: Angelica Celaya Says Zed Is 'Running Away'
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine Items: Bradley Cooper's Limitless Pilot, Vicious Season 2 & More
- Bob's Burgers Sneak Peek: Tina Tries to Scare Up a Halloween Date
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine Video: Terry (and Terry) Learn All About 'Silent Disco'
- Arrow First Look: Charlotte Ross Debuts as Felicity's Smoakin' Mom
- Starz's Magic City Returning as Movie; Bruce Willis, More to Join Original Cast
- More From TVLine
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Freaky 'Frankenstein' Makeover
- Get Chloe Moretz's Casual-Chic Airport Style!
- Beyonce and Blue Ivy Flawlessly Honor the Jacksons on Halloween
- Teresa Giudice's Teen Daughter Releases Scandalous Music Video, But Did It Really Cost $10K?
- Stylish Amal Clooney is Everyone's Favorite Halloween Costume
- More From ET