March 3, 2015
by Danny Gallagher, posted Apr 13th 2010 11:04AM
Very few shows have featured New Orleans as its setting, and it's not hard to see why. The list is a mix of critically acclaimed but quickly canceled shows, and critically disemboweled and canceled-just-as-quickly shows.
'Treme,' HBO's new drama from 'The Wire' creator David Simon and 'Wire' writer/producer Eric Overmyer, could break the mold that so many others have tried to crack. Judging from the first episode, their chances are looking good. If 'Treme' goes on to achieve the fame that 'The Wire' has, it won't just have its staff, creators, or even the city to thank for providing such beautiful inspiration.
It will have these other shows to thank for choking on that overcooked beignet for them.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Mindy Project Recap: A Nut, Busted
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Spring Premiere Recap: Oh, the Inhumanity!
- Pretty Little Liars Recap: I Must Confess
- Reality Check: Agony and Ecstasy of American Idol's Top 24! Plus: Should Voice Singers Show Their Tax Returns?
- Pilot News: Carrie Preston Starring in NBC's Empty-Nester Comedy
- More From TVLine
- Demi Lovato on Being a Role Model, Staying Strong in Recovery and Thigh Gaps
- 16 Most Adorably Awkward Hugs Of All Time
- 'Empire' Star Bryshere Gray On Naomi Campbell and His Other Dream Guest Stars
- Mark Wahlberg Is Now a Clothing Designer
- How George Clooney Brings Hollywood and Politics Together
- More From ET