October 24, 2014
by Danny Gallagher, posted Apr 13th 2010 11:04AM
Very few shows have featured New Orleans as its setting, and it's not hard to see why. The list is a mix of critically acclaimed but quickly canceled shows, and critically disemboweled and canceled-just-as-quickly shows.
'Treme,' HBO's new drama from 'The Wire' creator David Simon and 'Wire' writer/producer Eric Overmyer, could break the mold that so many others have tried to crack. Judging from the first episode, their chances are looking good. If 'Treme' goes on to achieve the fame that 'The Wire' has, it won't just have its staff, creators, or even the city to thank for providing such beautiful inspiration.
It will have these other shows to thank for choking on that overcooked beignet for them.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Lauren Graham Lands Odd Couple Gig as Matthew Perry's Ex-Wife
- Ratings: Reign, ABC Dramas Tick Up; Bad Judge, A to Z Slip; Football Pops
- TLC Cancels Here Comes Honey Boo Boo
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Castle, White Collar, Once, Haven, Supernatural, Arrow, Beast and More
- Ladies Who (Liquid) Lunch: Olivia, Alicia and 8 Other Characters Who'd Make Great Drinking Buddies
- More From TVLine
- Chrissy Teigen Quits Twitter After Death Threats Over Controversial Tweet
- 'Potty-Mouth Princess' Director and Child Star's Mom Defend Controversial Campaign
- Kelly Osbourne Gets Tattoo In Memory of Joan Rivers
- Tori Spelling Sends Out Cryptic Message from Hospital -- Is She Leaving Dean?
- Mama June Reacts to Claims She's Dating a Convicted Sex Offender
- More From ET