November 24, 2014
by Danny Gallagher, posted Apr 13th 2010 11:04AM
Very few shows have featured New Orleans as its setting, and it's not hard to see why. The list is a mix of critically acclaimed but quickly canceled shows, and critically disemboweled and canceled-just-as-quickly shows.
'Treme,' HBO's new drama from 'The Wire' creator David Simon and 'Wire' writer/producer Eric Overmyer, could break the mold that so many others have tried to crack. Judging from the first episode, their chances are looking good. If 'Treme' goes on to achieve the fame that 'The Wire' has, it won't just have its staff, creators, or even the city to thank for providing such beautiful inspiration.
It will have these other shows to thank for choking on that overcooked beignet for them.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Walking Dead': 17 Signs Humanity Remains from 'Crossed'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Predictions: Who Will Be the Final 3?
- Caroline Manzo Returning to 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey'
- 'The Good Wife' Mid-Season Finale Recap: Does Cary Take the Plea Deal?
- 'The Walking Dead' Recap: Rick Prepares to Make a Trade
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: AMAs Slip, Football Pops, Mulaney Down, Madam Sec'y Eyes Gain
- The Originals Scoop: Will the Holidays Bring Hayley and Elijah Back Together?
- Gotham EP Talks Jim's Grim Fate, Arkham's Ascendance, Bat/Cat Bond, a 'Dark' Turn and the Extended Run
- Constantine's First Season Ending After 13 Episodes; Season 2 Still Possible
- Sleepy Hollow's Neil Jackson on Ichabod and Abraham's Face-Off & Loving (but Not Trusting) Katrina
- More From TVLine
- Snooki Celebrates Turns 27 at Extravagant Wedding Rehearsal
- Katie Holmes Reveals Suri's Surprising Christmas List
- JWoww Gets Huge Tattoo In Honor of Daughter
- 'Faking It' Sneak Peek: Everyone Hates Liam (Including a 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' Star!)
- Mark Salling Says the Last Season of 'Glee' Won't Bring Any Closure to Cory Monteith's Death
- More From ET