September 2, 2015
by Danny Gallagher, posted Jan 13th 2010 11:01PM
(S02E10) "Tara Cole is the best. I wouldn't have sent her if I didn't trust her and I know you're going to love her, so just give her a chance." - Sophie to Parker, Alec and Elliot/"Well, she is hot." - Elliot
No one makes for a better enemy than some kind of ruthless fashion designer. They are the epitome of bloodsucking evil. They want everything, produce nothing and expect to get even more than everything for even less. They are the real world equivalent of a James Bond villain, only not as tastefully dressed.
So it's a perfect way to reacquaint us with the wily antics of Nathan Ford and company as they permeate the seedy underbelly of the world's most powerful evil, even if the way they take them down does have a tiny number of noticeable holes.
by Danny Gallagher, posted Jan 12th 2010 10:30AM
My TV has been waiting for a show like Leverage. It's also been waiting for a new TV stand and a more slender, attractive person to look back at, but it's not getting either until it drops the attitude.
It's one of those few shows that blends together the things that make other TV shows so great. It's got the action packed, tense drama of an episode of 24, the wry and sharp wit of Frasier and the complex and twisted plot logic of any episode of Lost.
The only difference is unlike 24, the action doesn't overtake the front seat from the drama at gun point. Unlike Frasier, it doesn't find comedy by talking so far over the average audience's head that frost has to form on their forehead in order for them to appreciate it. And unlike Lost, your head doesn't explode by the end of every episode.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The 100 Season 3: Clarke Gets a (Grounder?!) Makeover
- Survivor's Remorse Renewed for Season 3 at Starz
- Bryan Cranston's Sneaky Pete Gets Amazon Series Order
- TVLine Items: Supergirl Casts General Sam Lane, AGT Renewed and More
- The Daily Show Adds Awkward Actress, Sullivan & Son Grad and 1 More
- More From TVLine
- Kate Gosselin Weighs in on Justin Bieber's Copycat Hair: 'He Can Have It'
- People Won't Stop Commenting 'Miley, What's Good?' on Miley Cyrus' Instagram Pics
- Jennifer Garner Looks Fit and Happier Than Ever While Working Out
- EXCLUSIVE! 'Kevin From Work': First Look at Fred Willard's Outrageous Guest Role!
- Avril Lavigne Announces Separation From Nickelback Frontman Chad Kroeger
- More From ET