The news, which was first reported by Fox's Los Angeles affiliate KTLA and has been confirmed by the LAPD, brings to a sad close the life and career of what was once one of Hollywood's most promising young actors. While Haim is best remembered for his film collaborations with best bud and fellow-'Lost Boys' star Corey Feldman, his talent first became apparent on two now-forgotten TV shows, 'The Edison Twins' and 'Roomies,' both of which starred Haim as a regular cast member.
But for most television viewers, the lasting image of Haim will not be one of youthful promise, but instead of a burnt-out actor trying desperately to salvage his career and put his life back on track in A&E's 'The Two Coreys.' The reality show, which profiled Haim and Feldman discussing their lives and frequently arguing over Haim's substance abuse, debuted in 2007 and was subsequently canceled after two seasons.
(Sun., 10PM, Comedy Central)
'Full House' dad Bob Saget may be the subject, but it sounds like his chestnuts aren't the ones getting roasted over an open fire.
Nope, the comedians who showed up to give Bob a good ribbing at this John Stamos-hosted fete seem to be obsessed with the Olsen twins. A sampling: "Mary-Kate and Ashley were supposed to be here tonight, but they heard there was food," quipped roaster Jeff Ross.
Added Gilbert Gottfriend: Uh, nevermind. This is a family Web site, and you'll just have to tune in to hear that one yourself, along with many other PG-13 rants from Jon Lovitz, Jeff Garlin and a delightfully potty-mouthed Cloris Leachman.
(Sun., 10PM, E!) series premiere
Girl? That ship sailed a while ago. Loose? Well ...
Anyway, Pam Anderson insists in the set-up of her new series that it's a "documentary," not a "reality" show, but those who regularly tune in for the celebreality fare that populates much of the line-up on networks like E! and VH1 will certainly not find 'Pam' out of place. In other words, it is so a reality show.
In the opener, Anderson plans a massive yard sale to get rid of years of clutter, and sets a couple of ground rules, including the one about viewers never seeing her childrens' faces on the air (a deal the paparazzi have not agreed to, clearly).
We're guessing that's not why most viewers would watch the show, anyway, as the Playboy and 'Baywatch' star isn't nearly as modest about showing off her own face, as well as various body parts south of that.
After I won, I unlocked the "Wooden Stake Attack." I've yet to unlock the "Gas Pedal Crunch" or the "Voodooie." That last one sounds awesome. You can also play as Corey Haim. His signature move is the "Dirty Sock Slap." You have to register at the site for it to record your progress (that is, unless you plan on playing for the rest of the evening and beating the game).
Check out Corey Vs. Corey over at A&E's site. The Two Coreys airs Sundays at 10 p.m. ET / PT.
According to the press release, this season will be even more "no-holds-barred" than last, "Corey Haim & Corey Feldman give deep, personal access to their storied friendship like never before which lends the show rare honesty and candor." We will see the friends go to therapy sessions together and deal with the Lost Boys 2 reunion. Sounds like they're more of a married couple than two old friends. Therapy sessions? Seriously?
The second season of The Two Coreys premieres June 22nd at 10 p.m. on A&E. Will you be tuning in to watch these lost souls hash it out?
Ready for a darker, edgier, and more real version of The Two Coreys? Too bad if you're not because that's the way the A&E reality show may turn out when it returns with new episodes.
The reason? It all stems from the falling out between 80's kid stars Corey Feldman and Corey Haim. According to an entry at Feldman's weblog, The Feldman Journal, the break-up of their friendship came after filming of the show's first season ended. Now, negotiations are underway to find a solution on how to carry on with the show.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Last Comic Standing' Recap: From Ten To Five
- 'Extant' Recap: Molly Might Have a Way to Beat the Humanichs
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 1 Finale Recap: Elliot Searches For a Missing Tyrell
- 'ANTM' Recap: The Nicest Guy is Sent Home
- 'America's Got Talent' Results Recap: 5 Acts Head to the Finals
- More From BuddyTV
- Mr. Robot Creator Says Finale's Big Reveal 'Is the Heart of Future Seasons,' Names the Scenes That Wowed Him
- Paula Deen? Kim Zolciak? A 'Vine Star'?! Does DWTS Need a Time-Out?
- Vampire Diaries' Candice King Teases 'Badass' Caroline in Season 7, Talks 'Funny' Steroline Baby Theories
- Ron Perlman Talks Hand of God's Take on Faith, Sons of Anarchy Series Finale: 'When I Was Done, I Was Done'
- Grey's Anatomy Boss Shonda Rhimes Reveals Reason for That McDreamy-Fueled One-Year Time Jump
- More From TVLine
- Judge Joe Brown on 5-Day Prison Sentence: It's Like a 'Slave Warehouse'
- Inside 'Little Family' Stars Terra & Joe's Wedding
- Suspected 'Dance Moms' Stalker Reportedly Arrested for Sending 'Inappropriate' Packages to Show's Young Stars
- 'Can't Buy Me Love' Star Amanda Peterson Died of Accidental Drug Overdose
- Nick Carter Asked an *NSYNC Star For Advice Before Joining 'Dancing With the Stars'!
- More From ET