August 20, 2014
by Stephanie Earp, posted Mar 9th 2010 11:23PM
I took a little break from this column last week because in my other life – the one not spent glued to the tube – I help run a 5-day film festival in the smallish Canadian city where I live. Running a film festival is not unlike running film – there are actors, directors and producers on hand, a general sense of panic, long hours, and really good after-parties, and with luck a critically-praised result.
This was my first year working on the film fest and I expected to be way out of my depth when it came to conversation. After all, I'm a small screen kind of girl. I even slipped up while introducing a panel of filmmakers, talking about how their films had "aired" the night before. Apparently, films screen, only TV shows air.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 9: Quarterfinals Part 4 Performance Rankings
- 'America's Got Talent' Predictions: Who Will Be the Final 5 to Advance from the Quarterfinals?
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Season 7 Cast Photos
- 'Covert Affairs' Recap: The Chase Continues
- 'America's Got Talent' Recap: The Final 12 Quarterfinalists Perform
- More From BuddyTV
- The Walking Dead Video: The Carol-Tyreese Horror You Didn't See!
- Twisted Reunion: Kylie Bunbury Joins Avan Jogia's King Tut Event Series
- Pretty Little Liars Recap: Sister Act
- NCIS Season 12: DiNozzo to 'Partner' With Melrose Place Knockout
- Scoop: Desperate Housewives Alumna Eva Longoria Joins Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- More From TVLine
- Madonna's Son Rocco Channels Ex Sean Penn's 'Fast Times at Ridgemont High' Character!
- Duggar Baby News! Jill Dillard Is Pregnant
- Zoe Saldana Finally Confirms Pregnancy with ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- 'A Dame To Kill For' Stars Share Secrets of Survival in 'Sin City'
- Birthday Girl Amy Adams' 7 Highest-Rated Movies
- More From ET