August 1, 2014
by Stephanie Earp, posted Mar 9th 2010 11:23PM
I took a little break from this column last week because in my other life – the one not spent glued to the tube – I help run a 5-day film festival in the smallish Canadian city where I live. Running a film festival is not unlike running film – there are actors, directors and producers on hand, a general sense of panic, long hours, and really good after-parties, and with luck a critically-praised result.
This was my first year working on the film fest and I expected to be way out of my depth when it came to conversation. After all, I'm a small screen kind of girl. I even slipped up while introducing a panel of filmmakers, talking about how their films had "aired" the night before. Apparently, films screen, only TV shows air.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Agents of SHIELD' and 'Agent Carter' Photos: The Cast Cuts Loose at San Diego Comic Con 2014
- 'Falling Skies' Interviews: The Cast Discuss Daddy Issues, the Volm's Knowledge and the Series Ending
- 'Teen Wolf' Interview: Tyler Hoechlin and JR Bourne Talk Powerless Derek and a Crazy Season for Argent
- 'Suits': 17 Soul-Crushing Moments from 'We're Done'
- 'Extant' Episode 5 Photos: Molly and Ethan in Trouble
- More From BuddyTV
- Now We Can All Smell Like Tara Reid In 'Sharknado'
- Watch James Franco Fail at Getting Stephen Colbert to Break Character
- Hilary Duff Opens Up About 'Difficult' Mike Comrie Split
- Watch Jimmy Fallon Throw a Ball In Julia Roberts' Face
- Did Adrienne Bailon Just Throw Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape In the Mix?
- More From ET