July 30, 2015
by Stephanie Earp, posted Mar 9th 2010 11:23PM
I took a little break from this column last week because in my other life – the one not spent glued to the tube – I help run a 5-day film festival in the smallish Canadian city where I live. Running a film festival is not unlike running film – there are actors, directors and producers on hand, a general sense of panic, long hours, and really good after-parties, and with luck a critically-praised result.
This was my first year working on the film fest and I expected to be way out of my depth when it came to conversation. After all, I'm a small screen kind of girl. I even slipped up while introducing a panel of filmmakers, talking about how their films had "aired" the night before. Apparently, films screen, only TV shows air.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Empire Season 2: Pop Star Becky G Lands Guest-Starring Role
- The Good Wife's Archie Panjabi Collars Brooklyn Nine-Nine Guest Stint
- Jessie Spinoff Sneak Peek: BUNK'D Forces the Rich Ross Kids to Rough It
- Exorcism: Live! Is Coming to Your TV
- Ratings: Big Brother Tops Night, Extant Holds Steady
- More From TVLine
- Did Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner's Ex-Nanny's Engagement End Because of the Actor?
- Exclusive: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Animated Short Reveals How Peter Quill Met Yondu
- Caitlyn Jenner Ditches Dresses for Racy Jumpsuit
- Jennifer Garner Spends Her Day Off Visiting Sick Children at Atlanta Hospital Amid Ben Affleck Nanny Rumors
- FLASHBACK: Paul Rudd and Molly Shannon Relive ‘WHAS' Real-Life Camp Experience
- More From ET