January 25, 2015
by Stephanie Earp, posted Mar 9th 2010 11:23PM
I took a little break from this column last week because in my other life – the one not spent glued to the tube – I help run a 5-day film festival in the smallish Canadian city where I live. Running a film festival is not unlike running film – there are actors, directors and producers on hand, a general sense of panic, long hours, and really good after-parties, and with luck a critically-praised result.
This was my first year working on the film fest and I expected to be way out of my depth when it came to conversation. After all, I'm a small screen kind of girl. I even slipped up while introducing a panel of filmmakers, talking about how their films had "aired" the night before. Apparently, films screen, only TV shows air.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Galavant: Two Takes on Season 1, Including the Mildly 'Meh' Finale
- SAG Awards 2015: OITNB, Shameless and Thrones Get Early Wins
- Zachary Quinto Nixes Heroes Comeback
- Quotes of the Week From Scorpion, Revenge, The Nightly Show and More!
- Ray Donovan Admits Former ER Doc for Killer Season 3 Stint
- More From TVLine