August 31, 2015
by Stephanie Earp, posted Mar 9th 2010 11:23PM
I took a little break from this column last week because in my other life – the one not spent glued to the tube – I help run a 5-day film festival in the smallish Canadian city where I live. Running a film festival is not unlike running film – there are actors, directors and producers on hand, a general sense of panic, long hours, and really good after-parties, and with luck a critically-praised result.
This was my first year working on the film fest and I expected to be way out of my depth when it came to conversation. After all, I'm a small screen kind of girl. I even slipped up while introducing a panel of filmmakers, talking about how their films had "aired" the night before. Apparently, films screen, only TV shows air.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Real Housewives of Orange County' Recap: Has Vicki Finally Met Her Match?
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: Jaclyn's Arrival Fuels Ashley's Desperation
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Recap: The Top 6 Dance and Two Go Home
- Pro Peta Murgatroyd Exits 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 21 Due to Injury
- Former 'RHONJ' Star Danielle Staub is Engaged
- More From BuddyTV
- Rihanna Would Totally Back Kanye West for President: 'Who Wouldn't Vote for Kanye?'
- Melissa Rivers Channels Her Mother Joan in Biting 'Fashion Police' Return
- Avril Lavigne's Ex Deryck Whibley Is Married – See the Romantic Photos!
- Jaime King Says Taylor Swift Will Make an 'Amazing' Mother
- The Hottest VMAs Fashion Trends: Short, Sparkly and a Lot of Skin
- More From ET