(S05E18) And so ends a short, inconsistent, Family Guy season. I don't know if we should chalk it up to Seth MacFarlane being spread too thin with American Dad and The Winner to watch over, or just the show coming up on 100 episodes. Something just wasn't quite right at Family Guy HQ this season though.
Last week's winners:
3rd place to Chris Wyant: "Gah! Don't you hate it when you only have one bar that comes and goes? I taste blood... It's kind of pine-y."
2nd place to Fred: "I've gotta call work, let them know I'll be in the branch office all day."
1st place to Randy: "Hey look on the bright side...at least you're not a vampire."
This week, a scene from the latest episode of The Winner:
- At 7, CBS has a new 60 Minutes, followed by new episodes of The Amazing Race, Cold Case, and Without A Trace.
- NBC has a new Dateline at 7, then a new Grease: You're The One That I Want.
- At 7:30, FOX has a new War At Home.
- At 8, AMC has The Quick and the Dead, with Sharon Stone, Gene Hackman, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Russell Crowe.
- Sundance has a new Slings & Arrows at 8.
- At 8:30, FOX has a new episode of The Winner (another new episode airs at 9:30).
- At 9, HGTV announces the winner of the Dream Home Giveaway 2007.
- Sci-Fi has a new Dresden Files at 9, then a new Battlestar Galactica.
- Also at 9: HBO has a new Rome.
- At 10, NBC has a new episode of The Apprentice.
Check your local TV listings for more.
For those are you who worry a lot and get all nervous, you might want to skip this story.
Variety has a list of the TV shows that are "on the bubble," the ones that are teetering on the edge of cancellation and might not make it to fall '07. The list includes a few shows that I thought were actually doing well, and that scares me a bit (and ticks me off).
ABC: The Nine and Knights of Prosperity are probably gone, and What About Brian is on the edge too, despite getting a second life a few months ago.
The first 10-minute episode includes an interview with Rob Corddry, who conveniently has a new TV show (The Winner) to hawk. And the show just happens to be on Fox, the same network as Family Guy. By some strange coincidence, Fox also owns MySpace. What are the odds? Did I mention that The Winner is produced by Family Guy creator Seth McFarlane and writer Ricky Blitt?
If you were a fan of that show, you'll like The Winner. Think of it as a less-creepy version of Elliot's show, with just as many funny moments. And for those funny moments, you can thank Rob Corddry.
The former Daily Show correspondent stars as Glen Abbott, who is currently the richest man in Buffalo, but in this show, he looks back fondly at 1994, when he came of age... at 32. Yes, the voice over method is a bit of a takeoff of The Wonder Years, but the show isn't really a parody of that.
The Black Donnellys (Mon., 10PM, NBC) series premiere
There are no original ideas in the movies -- everything's a sequel, prequel or "re-imagining." So, it's no surprise that this new show from Oscar-winning movie producers Paul Haggis and Bobby Moresco (Crash) tries to be an Irish version of The Sopranos. The Donnellys comprise four brothers: hothead Jimmy, gambling Kevin, artistic Tommy and baby Sean. When Jimmy kidnaps Kevin's bookie, the brothers find themselves facing off against the Italian mob.
Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader? (Tue., 9:30PM, Fox) series premiere
Class is in session! Reality TV maestro Mark Burnett presents this new game show that tests just how much adults have forgotten since their elementary school days. Over three days this week, host Jeff Foxworthy will asks questions about everything from math to grammer to American history. And instead of using a lifeline or asking the mob, contestants can turn to some pint-sized experts: a group of real fifth graders.
This time we're focusing on the new shows FOX has up their sleeves for this fall. Got any you're looking forward to in particular? Rather than have you choose your favorite of the bunch, we'll let you pick as many as you like. We'll update this post with the poll results in about a week, so check back then.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sons of Anarchy': 21 Touching and Frightening Moments from 'Greensleeves'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Spoilers: Who Are the Teams for Halloween Night?
- 'The Voice' Interviews: Toia Jones on What Led to Her Emotional Battle Round Rehearsal
- 'The Flash': 15 Secrets Kept or Revealed During 'Things You Can't Outrun'
- More From BuddyTV
- Oscar De La Renta: Inside His World
- Taylor Swift Reveals '1989' Tracklist (and We Guess Who Each Song Is About)
- Former Crisis Manager: Teresa Giudice a 'Mess,' Worse Than Chris Brown
- Calvin Klein's New Model Opens Up About Battling Her Weight Obsession
- Chrissy Teigen Receives Death Threats Over Tweets on Canada Shooting
- More From ET