Instead, we got tons and tons of surreal adventure right there in the main script. Stewie found Brian's script in order to set up Brian's adventure, and then spent the rest of the episode with a massive head wound. Considering Stewie's popularity, it was a brave move to remove him from the episode for so long.
Since she did call and press charges, I'm going to assume this isn't one of those cases of erotic asphyxiation gone wrong and assume Mr. Merriman was (allegedly) trying to prove his manhood somehow. In which case he's a cad and a beast and there are more promising men out there. In fact, since Ms. Nguyen is allegedly bisexual (she claimed to be on her show, but I've always had my doubts about that) she has an even bigger batch of better options to choose from.
Is this going to be another case of Rihanna and Chris Brown? I certainly hope not.
To borrow a phrase from the granddaddy of all reality shows, when it came to our Reality TV Awards, y'all decided to stop being polite ... and start getting real.
More than one million votes were tallied as you made your voices heard -- and how! -- on reality TV's best show, worst show, biggest trainwreck, best villain and more.
Click below to check out the results, plus our exclusive interview with the person you picked as hottest female star. (And no, it isn't Omarosa.)
A history of reality television (part five): I take this millionaire bachelor to be my geeky newlywed date - VIDEOS
For some, watching relationship-based reality programming is not their idea of a pleasant night in. Why should they watch shows about finding and keeping love when it takes so long to find that right person in real life? Yet, since the mid-'60s, viewers have turned-in to watch others search for their soul mate. Or, at least their soul mate of the hour.
Of course, in the time of the Reality Revolution, the way love was found on television changed a bit. Rather than asking a simple set of questions to a set of bachelors or bachelorettes sitting behind a wall, men and women would compete for the love of a well-to-do bachelor or bachelorette, or a rapper/model, or a washed up 80s hair band star. They would even compete to see if their love could withstand an onslaught of temptation.
Sometimes they would find their one true love on these reality show. Other times they would be tossed away, their hearts broken, like a piece of paper. Along the way they would be love, sex, fights, sex, heartfelt moments, and sex. With reality programming being what it is, the viewers ate it all up.
MTV is serving up some special programming to go along with the season finale of A Shot at Love 2 with Tila Tequila. Every Tuesday for three weeks, MTV will give fans updates on their favorite and least favorite contestants and talk to everyone about this past season.
Her exact quote: "I wanna do meaningful stuff. After a while you reach your goals and then what? You just prance around like Paris Hilton all day long and feel like you have to find the next scandal to stay big. This lifestyle is fun and I worked hard for it, but I think in the long run, it's a lot. I just wanna be in love for the rest of my life and move to an island and have kids."
It stands to reason, then, that any genre springing to life in such an environment would bear no resemblance to what the rest of the world calls "reality". TV Squad therefore presents its first annual The Reality Shows Have Writers!? Award, recognizing those shows that in no way reflect a life that any human being on the planet is actually living but, for some reason, call themselves "reality shows."
Just head on over to the post link above, read through the rules, and make the applicable comment there (not here!). We'll notify the winners next week.
To enter, simply leave a comment below before 5:00PM Eastern, Friday, May 9 simply telling us why you'd like to own this DVD set. As always, we'll randomly choose five winners amongst the eligible entries. Some other details:
- To enter, leave a confirmed comment below stating why you'd like to own A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila - Season One on DVD.
- The comment must be left before May 9, 2008 at 5:00PM Eastern Time.
- You may enter only once.
- Five winners will be selected in a random drawing.
- Five winners will receive a copy of A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila - Season One on DVD (valued at $42.99).
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 and older.
In the privacy of our homes, we're doing something that would shock our friends and horrify our relatives.
We're watching ... 'Moonlight.' And 'Hannah Montana.' And sometimes, even 'I Love New York.'
Yep, we admit it. It's time to 'fess up and reveal our top 20 guilty pleasures on TV right now. You'll watch and love them (in secret) too.
My favorite part of this Hollywood Reporter article is that MTV is now referred to as a "lifestyle cable channel." Maybe the M stands for Mood now. Apparently A Shot at Love With Tila Tequila ranks as the second highest-rated show on MTV this past year, behind only the perennial MTV Video Music Awards. One of the most entertaining 'characters' on the show was Milan-born contestant Domenico Nesci. And even though he didn't win Tila's heart, he did win a show of his own.
So for six hour-long episodes and a reunion special we can watch That's Amore, where Nesci selects among fifteen bachelorettes. I guess if one of those ladies proves popular we can expect a quick spinoff for that contestant as well. It's nice to see that reality shows have finally jumped on the spinoff bandwagon. Why leave it just for the movies (Evan Almighty) and scripted television (Private Practice).
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Project Runway: All Stars' Season 4: Ranking the Looks of 'Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve'
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from the Season 4 Winter Finale
- 'Castle' Episode 7.8 Photos: Esposito is Taken Hostage
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Episode 7.12 Photos: More Truths are Revealed
- 'Bones' Recap: Can Baby Seeley Heal The Jeffersonian?
- More From BuddyTV
- Constantine Stars Talk Det. Corrigan's Timely Arrival, Manny's Big Boss and Zed's Mysterious Past
- FX Sets Dates for Justified's Final Run, The Americans, Archer and More
- Ratings: Murder and 2-1/2 Men Rise, Mom Eyes Another High, Big Bang Slips
- William Shatner Treks to Haven: Get Exclusive Details on His 'Pivotal' Arc
- The Simpsons Sneak Peek: Will Forte Brings the Infamous King Toot to Life
- More From TVLine
- Gwyneth Paltrow Takes a Dig at Martha Stewart with 'Jailbird Cake' Recipe
- Listen to Beyonce's Two New Songs!
- Ryan Gosling Gets Restraining Order Against Woman Who Says She's His 'Twin Flame'
- Thousands Petition to Cancel '19 Kids and Counting' Claiming 'LGBTQ Fear Mongering'
- Bill Cosby Gets Small Standing Ovation at Comedy Show in Bahamas
- More From ET