Tim Gunns guide to style
We don't know if producers actually seek out potential cast members with this admittedly memorable name (not as memorable as "Mondo" or "Omarosa", but pretty memorable). Whether or not Gretchens have an inside track when it comes to casting, they almost always deliver the drama.
Attention-grabbing Gretchens. Fetching Gretchens. Designing Gretchens. Here's a list of some Gretchens whose lives you may have have followed on network TV or basic cable.
PEOPLE is reporting that Zoe has fired Jacobson, effective immediately. Zoe's rep, Carrie Gordon, has since confirmed the news.
Why Jacobson was let go remains to be seen, although, given how often she complained about her job on the show, many would say she had it coming.
Still, Jacobson insists that the decision was solely her own. Hoping to begin her own fashion styling business, Jacobson's Twitter account and emails to colleagues, leaked to Fashionista, reflect her enthusiasm to get out on her own. "I am saddened and exhilarated at the same time to announce my departure," she wrote. "After much thought and consideration, I have decided to take the challenging leap and go off and style on my own."
And they run the gamut from The L Word 's edgy Shane (pictured) to Desperate Housewives' funny Bob to Entourage's loyal Lloyd, who takes more verbal abuse from Ari Gold than anyone should ever be allowed to take.
See if you agree with my list of top gay characters on TV right now, and feel free to add your own in the comments. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Rogue agents. It's been Far.Too.Long since Jack Bauer has entered our living room, and we couldn't be more gleeful about his return - both the 24 movie and the series in January. Welcome back, Jack! We missed you! Well, my son and I have! My daughter and husband don't get you, but that's ok!
Mad scientists. That crazy Walter Bishop really brightens up our Tuesday nights around here. My son goes to school on Wednesday, talks about Fringe with his buddies, then texts me back their thoughts on The Observer, the cylinders, Massive Dynamic and all the rest. Of course, Walter is the best thing about the show. We love him.
The whole reason for the court proceedings involves Project Runway running away from Bravo to Lifetime. The Weinstein Company wanted more money for the program -- one of Bravo's biggest hits -- and found Lifetime ready to pay big bucks.
Emblematic of this fight over money is the fact that Bravo, apparently, didn't think to reward Tim Gunn for his efforts in making the show a hit by giving him something after season one, and more than a token amount (in show biz money) in season two. Tim wasn't the only one who looked in vain for something from Bravo; Heidi Klum received flowers, but nothing more substantive.
This is a rather confusing story. Or maybe all of this heat is getting to me and there's obvious point here I'm missing.
Nielsen Media surveyed 82,000 18-49 year-olds (a rather hefty sample), and 75% of the respondents say that Bravo is the most engaging network. Yup, the network of reality shows (is there anything else on the network these days?) holds the attention of that key demographic more than any other channel, network or cable, including runner-up CBS (which got 74%), ABC (73%), The CW (71%), NBC (70%), and FOX (69%).
Monahan owns Boston's Grettacole Spas, Salons and Boutiques. She also has a fair amount of on-camera experience, having appeared on the Rachael Ray Show, The Today Show, The View, and her own fashion segment on Boston's NBC station. Monahan recently served as a consultant on Dove's Real Beauty campaign.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The Funniest Quotes from ?Big Brother 17? Week 10
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Are the Nominees from the Top 6?
- 'Project Runway' Season 14: Ranking the Looks of 'Gunn and Heid'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' First Impressions: Who Will Win Season 21?
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Cast: 'UnREAL' Star and More New Faces
- More From BuddyTV
- TNT to Release Public Morals' Entire First Season for Labor Day Weekend
- Arrow Season 4 Trailer Has Domestic Olicity, Damien Darhk, Constantine, Sara, Costume Changes and More
- Ratings: Mistresses Finale and Dome Hit Series Lows, Rookie Blue Rises
- TVLine Items: Castle Meets The O.C., Rob Riggle Gets Fresh and More
- Nashville's Chaley Rose to Return
- More From TVLine
- Bindi Irwin Reveals Her Biggest 'Dancing With the Stars' Challenge – and It'll Make You Love Her More
- Tyler Perry Honors the Life of Bobbi Kristina Brown With Heartfelt Tribute Video
- The Sexiest Summer Bikini Bodies of 2015
- The 'Dash Dolls' Reveal What It's Really Like to Have Kim, Khloe & Kourtney Kardashian as Bosses!
- Mini-Darth Vader From Super Bowl Ad Gets Pacemaker Generator at 10 Years Old
- More From ET