Try, no more guest judges or mentors. And no more forcing everyone to sing disco.
Here's the top tidbits TV Squad learned at this morning's press conference.
Who's the new Simon Cowell?
"We're not looking to replace Simon," insisted Fox executive Mike Darnell. 'Idol' producer Nigel Lythgoe added, "It isn't about role playing. It's about being yourself. That was Simon's character and [the new judges] are going to stay true to their characters."
With part one of Nip/Tuck's sixth and final season right around the corner (it moves from Tuesdays and premieres on Wednesday, October 14th), I've been waiting for the new promos to start. To be honest, Nip/Tuck's promos never really grabbed me in the past, but after last season's extremely well put together ad featuring "Flashing Lights" by Kanye West, I had high hopes for the next one and FX hasn't disappointed.
The newest promo, titled "Couture," features the song "2 Man Show" by Timbaland and once again involves an extremely intricate choreographed sequence with all sorts of seamstresses stitching and tying something up. It ends with some pretty cool imagery too as Sean and Christian tie something (someone?) up too - very similar to the season four art where the two of them were literally "building" a woman.
Perhaps all the strings are a nod to the fact that the show itself is wrapping up soon? (Only 19 episodes remain in the drama's run.) Check it out for yourself.
This week Nigel and Mary were joined at the judges table by Mia Michaels for what turned out to be quite an impressive group of performances. She told Cat that she was disappointed to see Ricky leave and that America got it wrong, putting the best three male dancers in the bottom three. I didn't agree with Ricky being let go last week, but I think she's going a little far there.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'America's Next Top Model' Cycle 21 Episode 7 Photos: Things Get Icy
- 'The Voice' Season 7: Meet Gwen Stefani's Team
- 'Chicago Fire': 11 Epic Shayveride Moments
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 19: Week 3 Performance Rankings
- 'Sleepy Hollow': 15 Surprising and Unwanted Developments from 'The Kindred'
- More From BuddyTV
- MTV's Happyland: Is New Comedy Worth the Price of Admission?
- Sons of Anarchy Recap: Risky Business
- The Voice Recap: The Curious Case of Un-Pushed Buttons [Updated]
- The Mindy Project Recap: Evasive Maneuvers
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Vampire Diaries, Walking Dead, Bones, Bates, Dixie, Chi Fire, Witches and More
- More From TVLine
- Neil Patrick Harris Shares His Beautiful Wedding Pics On 'Late Show'
- Who Will Lorde Choose for the 'Mockingjay' Soundtrack? 4 Predictions
- Ryan Hansen Reveals Why All 'Veronica Mars' Fans Should Be Watching 'Play It Again Dick'
- Jeff Goldblum Stars In This Super-Crazy Commercial For Light Bulbs
- TV's No. 1 Male Meets His Match on 'NCIS'
- More From ET