Now Welliver is returning to the FX fold for the pilot 'Powers,' which is currently shooting in Chicago. 'Powers,' which is based on a Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming comic book, stars Jason Patric and Lucy Punch as detectives who investigate crimes involving people with superhuman abilities.
Welliver has been cast as Triphammer in 'Powers,' and if the pilot gets picked up to series, his role will be recurring.
According to TVLine, Priestley will play Chris Weekly, an antisocial genius marine biologist. He'll have an affliction of sorts that some would call a blessing.
Priestley is signed to appear in four episodes during season 2. The 'Beverly Hills, 90210' star will also direct an episode of the Syfy series. (The series airs on Showcase in Canada.)
In other casting news ...
• Ellen Barkin has joined NBC's 'A Mann's World.' The pilot, from 'Sex and the City's' Michael Patrick King, stars Don Johnson as an aging hair stylist. Barkin will play Johnson's character's ex-wife. [Vulture]
• Paul F. Tompkins is getting his evil genius on at Comedy Central. Tompkins will write and star as Professor Tiberius Lynch, a villain who has successfully taken over the world. What happens next? How do you run Earth? Those are Professor Lynch's questions. [Deadline]
• Eddie Cibrian is replacing Jeff Hephner in the NBC drama pilot 'Playboy.' Hephner reportedly performed well in his auditions but didn't work out after the table read. [Deadline]
• Titus Welliver has been tapped to star in The CW's 'Awakening.' 'The Good Wife' and 'Lost' actor will play a zombie hunter. [TVLine]
As if there were any doubt.
In an interview with the Newark Star-Ledger's TV critic Alan Sepinwall, Sons of Anarchy creator and executive producer Kurt Sutter has unofficially confirmed that the show will indeed be back for a third season. It's just a matter of FX finalizing some contracts and getting all its "financial ducks in a row." Sutter said he had been assured the show would be back though.
Good thing, too, since last night's season two finale, "Na Trioblidi," had one helluva cliffhanger. Beyond that, Sutter's interview with Sepinwall also served as a nice post-mortem of the season and he offered plenty of info on where season three is likely headed. Spoilers after the jump, so read on at your own risk.
(S03E13) Here we go again. Another Deadwood cast member makes an appearance on Numb3rs. I'm not against it -- everyone from the HBO show is a great actor. I just think it's funny how they keep popping up on Numb3rs. It must be a running joke for the producers or something:
"OK, we've landed Calamity Jane and Dan Dority. What are the chances of getting Swearengen to play a rival math professor of Charlie's?"
Add Titus Welliver (a.k.a Silas Adams) to that list. He played a crotchety NSA agent that reluctantly helped out Don and his team. I think they handled that story poorly though. Charlie was helping out the NSA instead of the FBI and that clearly put a strain on the relationship between him and his brother. I wish they had kept that tension going for a few more episodes as opposed to resolving it so quickly. Charlie and Don not getting along would have been an interesting to dynamic to develop.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Season 2 Cast Photos
- 'Under the Dome': 17 Shocking Moments from 'Revelation'
- 'Mistresses' Poll: Should Karen Have Chosen Jacob Over Anna?
- [Video] 'Bachelor in Paradise' Preview: Lots of Tears, Hookups and Regrets
- 'Real Housewives' Roundup: A Possible Divorce, Another Arrest and a Broken Friendship
- More From BuddyTV
- CBS' Stalker Lands Law & Order's Elisabeth Röhm as Series Regular
- Witches of East End Recruits Chuck's Sarah Lancaster for 'Mysterious' Role
- Downton Abbey EP Talks 'High-Stakes' Season 5, Mary's Long Road to the Altar
- Graceland Sneak Peek: With Paige Missing, Is Mike Too Hot to Handle?
- Sneak Peek: Almost Royal Finale Serves Up a (Macabre?) Music Video
- More From TVLine
- Derek Jeter Speaks Out for the First Time After the All-Star Game
- John Stamos Gives Beach Boys Fan The Surprise Of His Life
- How Well Do the 5 Seconds of Summer Boys Know Each Other? ET Puts Them to the Test
- Cops Called on Justin Bieber Six Times In Two Days
- Bradley Cooper Explains 40 Pound Weight Gain
- More From ET