The interesting thing is that the cliff notes versions of these shows work surprisingly well, if you don't care about things like plot, character development, and dialog.
The minisodes were originally available online at MySpace. Now Sony is making the mini-shows available on Crackle, AOL, and Joost, as well as MySpace. Sony is also bringing more shows out of the vault including Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie and The Jeffersons.
[via The New York Times]
Tonight at dinner, a friend of mine mentioned that he recently met Brent Spiner at an event. He then proceeded to tell me about how a particularly annoying Star Trek fan spent the entire evening bothering Spiner with questions about his character Data.
It reminded me of an episode of Joey where a similar thing happened, except in the episode, Spiner was more than happy to reminisce about his Star Trek days. He even went so far as to take Joey's nephew out to his car to show him his actual uniform from the show.
Each minisode will run from 3.5 to five minutes in length. These won't be sets of random clips. Each minisode will tell a complete story. Which is to say, most 22 or 42 minute television episodes you watch probably have a whole lot of fat that could be trimmed without getting in the way of storytelling.
Programs will include Charlie's Angels, T.J. Hooker, and other content from Sony's television library. Interestingly, the project was already in the works when Sony executives saw the popular Seven-Minute Sopranos clip on YouTube.
When Dean revealed that John had told him he had to save Sam, and that if he couldn't he'd have to kill him, I was left thinking, "And...." There had to be more to it than that. Apparently Dean didn't get the full story, but luckily for us, and I guess for Dean and Sam too, Scott Carey (Richard de Klerk) got the full scoop straight from the demon. As he tells his therapist, "There's a war coming, and people like me, we're gonna be the soldiers."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Orphan Black' Interview: Co-creators Discuss Delphine's 'Conundrum' and the Threat Rachel Still Poses
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3 Premiere Recap: Where is Helena?
- Exclusive Interview: Joel Courtney on What Makes CW's 'The Messengers' Different
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: The Race Turns Beastly in Africa
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episodes 6.19 and 6.20 Photos: Damon, Elena and the Cure
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Orphan Black' Postmortem: Scorpion Psychosis, Mystery Elevator Clone & More Answers Revealed!
- 'Outlander' Postmortem: Caitriona Balfe & Sam Heughan Dish on Big Secrets Revealed!
- Doctors Call for Columbia University to Can Dr. Oz
- 'Anne of Green Gables' Actor Jonathan Crombie Dies at 48
- Ryan Reynolds Posts Adorable Throwback Pic
- More From ET