J.J. Abrams is in talks with HBO to direct and executive produce a new medical drama that looks at the toll cancer takes from the patients point of view. This would be the first project that Abrams undertakes with the new mega-contract he signed with Warner Bros. back during the summer. Abrams' own production company, Bad Robot, is part of the contract he signed.
The drama, based on the book The Anatomy of Hope, will be written in part by Tom Schulman -- the same guy who wrote Dead Poets Society and won the Oscar for it.
Seems like Abrams has his hands full lately. I doubt very much he'll have much time to devote to Lost if he's busy directing this new show, executive producing What About Brian, and getting things ready for the eleventh Star Trek movie. This guy is in demand.
[via Hollywood Reporter]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Revenge': Victoria Grayson's 10 Fiercest Moments
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: Hot Tubs and Missing Shoes Confuse the Teams in Amsterdam
- 'Mad Men': 11 Times Joan Harris was a Total Badass
- Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Eye in the Sky'
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from 'First Lady Sings the Blues'
- More From BuddyTV
- Bruce Jenner's E! Docuseries About Transition Gets Summer Premiere Date
- Bruce Jenner Tells Diane Sawyer, 'I Am a Woman' in 20/20 Interview Special
- Disney Channel's Jessie Spinoff Gets Title, Premise, Cast Additions
- Grey's Anatomy's Latest Death: How Does It Rank Against Other TV Kills?
- Revenge: Will 'Star-Crossed' Emily and Jack End the Series Together?
- More From TVLine
- Bruce Jenner: 'I Am A Woman'
- Bruce Jenner's Family Show Their Support on Social Media
- Bruce Jenner: Kanye West Helped Kim Kardashian Understand His Transition
- Cobie Smulders on Her Battle with Ovarian Cancer: 'It Was a Very Hard Time For Me'
- Lady Gaga Calls Bruce Jenner Brave & More Celeb React on Social
- More From ET