J.J. Abrams is in talks with HBO to direct and executive produce a new medical drama that looks at the toll cancer takes from the patients point of view. This would be the first project that Abrams undertakes with the new mega-contract he signed with Warner Bros. back during the summer. Abrams' own production company, Bad Robot, is part of the contract he signed.
The drama, based on the book The Anatomy of Hope, will be written in part by Tom Schulman -- the same guy who wrote Dead Poets Society and won the Oscar for it.
Seems like Abrams has his hands full lately. I doubt very much he'll have much time to devote to Lost if he's busy directing this new show, executive producing What About Brian, and getting things ready for the eleventh Star Trek movie. This guy is in demand.
[via Hollywood Reporter]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Castle' Episode 7.6 Photos: Castle's Alternate Reality
- Top 10 Scariest Episodes of 'The Vampire Diaries'
- 'Arrow': 18 Shocking and Vengeful Moments from 'The Magician'
- Meet the Designers of 'Project Runway: All Stars' Season 4
- 'Sons of Anarchy': 17 Shocking Moments from 'The Separation of Crows'
- More From BuddyTV
- Gracepoint Sneak Peek: Jack's Secret Past Washes Ashore
- True Detective Adds Abigail Spencer, Michael Irby and Others for Season 2
- The Divide Cancelled by WE tv
- New Girl Pics: Jess Juggles Two Guys, Gets Schooled by Lisa Bonet
- Red Band Society Casts Hustle Alum Adrian Lester (to Woo Nurse Jackson?)
- More From TVLine
- Gwyneth Paltrow Gushes Over Chris Martin at amfAR Gala
- Why Brittany Maynard, the Terminally Ill 29-Year-Old, May Choose to Live Another Day
- Kim Kardashian, Sarah Hyland & More Stars Show Us How To Dress For Halloween Without a Costume
- Taylor Swift Drinks Beer, Cheers New Hometown at a N.Y. Knicks Game
- Miley Cyrus and Rihanna Bid For Best Cleavage at amfAR Gala
- More From ET