More casting news after the jump.
To submit questions to the "Ask TV Squad" column, you can post them below in comments or email them to email@example.com.
This week, I answer questions about TV shows on DVD.
Tom Cavangagh told TV Guide he will make another guest appearance on Scrubs as J.D.'s older brother Dan before the final season's hourglass runs out of mortality sand.
Cavanagh confirmed the news by saying the "chances are 100 percent" that he'll get to go back on the show this season. Cavanagh will also star in the TNT show Trust Me with Will & Grace star Eric McCormick and Scrubs regular Sarah Chalke.
Overall, this was a particularly interesting episode because it seemed to lay the groundwork for where Eli Stone is going. Since it's likely that the show is going to be renewed -- deservedly so -- the prospect of Eli getting that surgery which may correct the aneurysm that's causing his visions, may not be happening after all.
In an interview with Collider.com, Cavanagh says:
"Yeah, I guess they're talking about it. Last I heard was they were close on season one. The stumbling block as it's like a lot of the time is the music rights. They were fortunate enough because of the clout they had as Letterman's producers to get a lot of great music as one-offs. Of course, when you put those on a DVD that becomes a whole different thing."
Last year, the Smithsonian announced it is creating a television channel with Showtime that will launch in April. There are at least 60 programs planned, with a few already in the works. One of those few is Cavanagh's Stories from the Vaults. The premise of the 30-minute series is that Cavanagh gets to take viewers behind-the-scenes to check out some of the Smithsonian Institution's coolest and oddest artifacts.
The Smithsonian programming is being offered to cable and satellite profiders as an on-demand channel. Many of the other programs will focus on Smithsonian research, which is not as well-known as its artifacts. So far, no television providers have picked it up.
Luckily, the networks repeat everything a lot now, and this episode (titled "The Window") will be repeated this Thursday at 11am. I'm going to set my DVR just in case. The Price Is Right is on at the same time.
Don't you hate it when you're looking forward to seeing something, but you get busy and it slips your mind and you miss it?
The music network will air all eight episodes of CBS' cancelled Love Monkey beginning next month. That's five episodes we haven't seen, since CBS prematurely pulled it from the schedule (damn you, CBS!).
The first three episodes of Love Monkey (the ones we've already seen) will air back-to-back starting at 7 pm (ET) on April 11. The remaining episodes air weekly on Tuesdays at 9 pm (ET).
When the new fall shows were announced, I was kinda bummed that Love Monkey didn't make it to CBS' schedule. I was a big fan of the late NBC show Ed, and was hoping to see star Tom Cavanagh in another show. Now it looks like it will happen after all. The network has ordered the show as a midseason replacement, in case one or more of the other shows doesn't catch on (maybe Ghost Whisperer? Hmm? Maybe?).
Love Monkey is based on the book by Kyle Smith and is about a single thirtysomething record exec (Cavanagh) who has to deal with all his married/deeply in love friends. I can relate. Except for the thirtysomething part.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Teen Wolf': 17 Unfortunate Moments from 'Strange Frequencies'
- 'Arrow' Season 4 Interview: John Barrowman on Malcolm's New Take on the League of Assassins
- 'Teen Wolf' Recap: The Pack Executes a Dreadful Plan While Kira Tries to Save Herself
- 'The Whispers' Recap: The Race to Kill Drill is On
- 'Becoming Us' Recap: An Unexpected Setback for Carly
- More From BuddyTV
- Muppets Star Kermit the Frog Confirms Break-Up With Miss Piggy
- Hannibal's Hugh Dancy to Co-Star in Jason Katims Hulu Drama The Way
- Ratings: The Whispers Ties Low, The CW's Mother Gets Little Love
- Emily Osment Joins Mom for Multi-Episode Season 3 Arc
- New Limitless Promo Hints at Hero's Many Mad, NZT-Enhanced Skills
- More From TVLine
- Zayn Malik Ends Engagement With Perrie Edwards
- Gavin Rossdale Steps Out After Gwen Stefani Files for Divorce
- Snooki Pulls a Kylie Jenner and Gets Her Lips Plumped -- See the Pics!
- 50 Cent's Lavish Lifestyle Revealed in Bankruptcy Docs, Spends $108,000 a Month!
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nose Job Rumors: 'I'm Not Denying It'
- More From ET