March 2, 2015
by Danny Gallagher, posted Jan 20th 2010 9:00AM
The Tonight Show has a handsome list of throwback guests, Will Ferrell and Tom Hanks who were the first and second guests when Conan O'Brien took over, on what is presumed to be his last show this Friday. Seriously, they still haven't resolved this thing. Say what you will about the dunderheads-in-chief at NBC, but at least they are consistent at failing.
And while it is nice to remind the audience and the network of the heavy hitters that Conan will have in his corner when he bids his former employer farewell, I'd like to see him take it one step further. Conan O'Brien should have Jay Leno (yes THAT Jay Leno, is there another?) as his final guest.
Sure, it sounds like a bigger pipe dream than mounting a Van Halen reunion tour with the undead corpse of Jimi Hendrix as the opening act, but here's five reasons why it would not only make sense for another small chapter of The Tonight Show dynasty, but for the television dynasty as a whole.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 20 Official Couples Photos
- 'The Walking Dead': 20 Factors of the New Normal in Alexandria from 'Remember'
- 'Once Upon a Time': 19 Moments of Queens, Creatures and Curses from 'Darkness on the Edge of Town'
- 'The Bachelorette' Interview: J.P. and Ashley on Bigger Fears and Chris Soules' Choice
- 'House of Cards' Season 3 Review: Presidential Drama Leads to Best Season Yet
- More From BuddyTV
- Orphan Black Season 3 Trailer Reveals the Clones' Terrifying New Threat
- TVLine Items: Daytime Emmys Go Pop, Dreadful New Posters and More
- Sharknado 3: Mark Cuban, Ann Coulter Cast as Leaders of the United States
- Ratings: Last Man Leads Night, Once Returns Up, CBS Dramas Slip
- Maggie Smith Teases Downton Abbey Exit: 'I Certainly Can't Keep Going'
- More From TVLine