by Danny Gallagher, posted Jan 20th 2010 9:00AM
The Tonight Show has a handsome list of throwback guests, Will Ferrell and Tom Hanks who were the first and second guests when Conan O'Brien took over, on what is presumed to be his last show this Friday. Seriously, they still haven't resolved this thing. Say what you will about the dunderheads-in-chief at NBC, but at least they are consistent at failing.
And while it is nice to remind the audience and the network of the heavy hitters that Conan will have in his corner when he bids his former employer farewell, I'd like to see him take it one step further. Conan O'Brien should have Jay Leno (yes THAT Jay Leno, is there another?) as his final guest.
Sure, it sounds like a bigger pipe dream than mounting a Van Halen reunion tour with the undead corpse of Jimi Hendrix as the opening act, but here's five reasons why it would not only make sense for another small chapter of The Tonight Show dynasty, but for the television dynasty as a whole.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Once Upon a Time': 20 Horrifying, Heartwarming and Hilarious Moments from 'The New Neverland'
- 'The Amazing Race' Season 23 Highlights: Elephants, Camels and Rams, Oh My!
- 'Homeland' Moments: Brody Shifts Loyalties in 'Big Man in Tehran'
- The 13 Best Comedies of 2013
- [Video] 'The Vampire Diaries' Sneak Peek: Is Death on the Horizon?
- More From BuddyTV
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race' Season 6 trailer: Watch the first look at the new queens
- 'Bakery Boss' enlists a drill sergeant to help Kristi G's Cupcakes & More
- 'The Voice': Behind the scenes with the Top 5 in the recording studio
- 'Scandal,''Orange Is The New Black' in, 'Modern Family' out of AFI Top 10 TV list
- 'The Sing-Off's' Jewel: A cappella 'was a dying art form before this show came along'
- More From Zap2it
- 'Ship Shape: How Your Fave Pairs From Reign, Once, Mindy and Other Shows Are Faring
- Exclusive Sneak Peek: The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Battle Centipede's Next Gen Super-Soldier
- What's on Your TV Wish List for 2014? Speak Up!
- RuPaul's Drag Race Season 6 Trailer: Spilling Tea, Stalking Prey, Blowing S*** Up!
- Showtime Cancels Californication
- More From TVLine