Now, on to this episode. We've all seen Courteney Cox play neurotic; she played neurotic for ten seasons on Friends. But we've also seen her play tough, confident and warm, whether it was on Friends or any of her other roles. Right now, either via the writing or the way she interprets the role, she's playing Jules Cobb as a purely neurotic mess, and a loud one at that. It's not endearing, it doesn't help me connect with Jules' plight, and, most importantly, it's not funny.
Tonight's episode was Jules at her most neurotic, and it made for the least funny episode of the first four. It's a bad trend that's starting to make me worry about the overall health of the show.
That's the best thing I can say about this episode, to be honest. This one was less funny than last week's episode, which was less funny than the pilot. At least last week's episode had some heartfelt emotion behind it, so the lack of laughs could be excused. But this episode didn't even have that, which made most of what was supposed to be funny fall flat.
The 2009 Super Bowl in Tampa reportedly has landed Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band to anchor the Super Bowl halftime show. It'll be The Boss's first time performing for the NFL's biggest show.
One thing we can count on with Springsteen, there'll be no wardrobe malfunctions. Even if Little Steven whips off his bandana, the censors won't care. Ever since Justin Timberlake ripped the top off Janet Jackson and got a chunk of bra to go with it, revealing her breast to the ogling TV audience, the networks have been careful to keep the halftime shows purely musical.
Abdul, 45, hasn't had a major album release since 1995 (Head Over Heels), nor a #1 hit since 1991's "Promise of a New Day." Simon has given her constant ribbing for her lack of a career in the past ten-plus years, challenging her on numerous occasions to shut up and dance (or sing) on American Idol, but she's yet to meet his challenge. Considering that Abdul has kept herself in incredible shape, and more than likely can sing as well as she ever did, she shouldn't have any problem pulling off a good performance (so long as she watches what she puts in her cup). However, if she fails, you can expect the ribbing on the judge's panel to be ruthless from here through the end of Idol's seventh season.
(S10E15) Since this season ended with Luanne getting pregnant, I assume we'll be seeing a new addition to the cast of King of the Hill come next season.
Other than Luanne's announcement that she's pregnant with Lucky's (played by Tom Petty) child, the rest of the episode was rather low key. Peggy, always a tad naive, believes Luann could realize her true potential and really make something of her life if she just applied herself and didn't keep falling for dumb rednecks like Lucky. Hank isn't especially fond of Lucky at first, either, but eventually he realizes that despite his exterior, Lucky does actually have a sense of right and wrong, even if his morals are wrapped up in an odd "code of honor" which makes him return shaving cream he borrowed from Hank in a baggy. Also, Lucky feels he can't marry Luanne without his GED. Unfortunately, Peggy sabotages his chance by teaching him the wrong stuff.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Once Upon a Time' Interview: Emilie de Ravin and Robert Carlyle Tease Emma Needing Help, Gold's Status and More
- 'Teen Wolf': Why Stiles and Lydia are Perfect Together
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Interview: EP Julie Plec on Alaric's 'Questionable Decisions,' Damon and Bonnie's Friendship and More
- Best 'Suits' Quotes from 'Privilege'
- 'RHOA' Star Kandi Burruss on Her Baby's Name: 'We're Taking Suggestions'
- More From BuddyTV
- The Leftovers Season 2 Premiere Date, Storyline Revealed
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season 3: Constance Zimmer to Clash With Coulson, Blair Underwood Returns
- Continuum's Final Season Gets Syfy Premiere Date — Watch the Trailer
- Daily Show Vet Wyatt Cenac to Lead TBS Comedy Pilot The Group
- Wet Hot American Summer EPs Talk 'De-Aging' Process, Season 2 Hopes
- More From TVLine
- EXCLUSIVE: Valerie Harper In a Coma, Source Says
- 'Jessica Jones' Showrunner Teases a Super Suit for Krysten Ritter, Confirms 'Daredevil' Crossover
- Drake vs. Meek Mill & Nicki Minaj: A History of the Feud
- Ashlee Simpson at Hospital to Give Birth to Baby No. 2
- Julie Chen Looks Back at Her 'Big Brother' Fashions: 'There Have Been Many Mistakes'
- More From ET