Tony Curtis, Gloria Stuart, Leslie Nielsen, Lynn Redgrave, Pete Postlethwaite and Dennis Hopper were among the actors honored. Halle Berry then offered a special thanks to African-Americann entertainer Lena Horne. But where were Corey Haim, Peter Graves and Betty Garrett?
She also described Tony Curtis as a fiction her father created. "This is a guy ... was in the Navy. ... He was a guy from the streets of New York and he became this other thing. He changed his name and he changed his whole life. And the invention of Tony Curtis was his life."
Reports are coming in that Oscar-nominated movie star Tony Curtis has died of a cardiac arrest at his Nevada home, aged 85. A family spokesman said that he had passed away peacefully in bed.
Born Bernard Schwartz in The Bronx, New York in 1925, Curtis carved out a successful career as a leading man over six decades. He starred in movies such as 'The Vikings,' 'Spartacus,' 'Some Like it Hot' and 'Sweet Smell of Success.'
He was nominated for an Academy Award for his role as an escaped convict in 'The Defiant Ones' in which he co-starred with Sidney Poitier.
In the '70s Curtis moved into TV, starrring with Roger Moore in spy series 'The Persuaders.'
Whatever he envisions for a professional life away from acting, if that's to be the case, Alec Baldwin has signed on to co-host Turner Classic Movies' The Essentials, a weekly analysis of a classic movie with co-host Robert Osborne. The show, which airs every Saturday at 8 p.m., most recently featured actress Rose McGowan, and before her Carrie Fisher and Molly Haskell shared the duties with Osborne.
It's one of my favorite TCM programs, giving the hosts a chance to set up a great movie, offer commentary and stimulate conversation. Considering the fact that Alec is very opinionated and pretty funny, he should add a lot to The Essentials.
There aren't a lot of TV shows that I can watch with my kids and enjoy them. They love crap on the Disney Channel and I love The Daily Show. While we both love Spongebob, I can only see the same episode so many times.
One show that seems to hold up for all of us is The Flintstones. The kids especially like the later episodes with Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- TV's 25 Sexiest Women of the New Fall 2014 Season
- 'Under the Dome': 17 Shocking Moments from 'The Fall'
- Death Watch 2014: What Will Be the First New Fall Show to Get Cancelled?
- 'America's Next Top Model' Recap: Party String and a Cold Shower Spell Trouble
- 'Teen Wolf' Recap: What Will Scott Become?
- More From BuddyTV
- Scandal Season 4 Poster Warns There's 'No Looking Back' for Olivia
- Ratings: Dome Hits Low, Ninja Ticks Up, Mistresses Down Vs. Previous Finale
- TVLine Items: General Hospital Recasts Jason, OITNB Star Is Faking It & More
- The Walking Dead Season 5 Poster Declares: 'Hunt or Be Hunted'
- Fall TV Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop and Photos on 42 Returning Favorites!
- More From TVLine
- Justin Bieber Arrested During ATV Date With Selena Gomez, Charged With Assault
- Angelina Jolie Has the Most Unique Wedding Dress Ever
- Joan Rivers Remains on Life Support Says Daughter Melissa in New Statement
- Britney Spears Puts Cheating Ex on Blast During Las Vegas Show
- CeeLo Green Deletes Twitter Account After Rape Tweet
- More From ET