Tony Curtis, Gloria Stuart, Leslie Nielsen, Lynn Redgrave, Pete Postlethwaite and Dennis Hopper were among the actors honored. Halle Berry then offered a special thanks to African-Americann entertainer Lena Horne. But where were Corey Haim, Peter Graves and Betty Garrett?
She also described Tony Curtis as a fiction her father created. "This is a guy ... was in the Navy. ... He was a guy from the streets of New York and he became this other thing. He changed his name and he changed his whole life. And the invention of Tony Curtis was his life."
Reports are coming in that Oscar-nominated movie star Tony Curtis has died of a cardiac arrest at his Nevada home, aged 85. A family spokesman said that he had passed away peacefully in bed.
Born Bernard Schwartz in The Bronx, New York in 1925, Curtis carved out a successful career as a leading man over six decades. He starred in movies such as 'The Vikings,' 'Spartacus,' 'Some Like it Hot' and 'Sweet Smell of Success.'
He was nominated for an Academy Award for his role as an escaped convict in 'The Defiant Ones' in which he co-starred with Sidney Poitier.
In the '70s Curtis moved into TV, starrring with Roger Moore in spy series 'The Persuaders.'
Whatever he envisions for a professional life away from acting, if that's to be the case, Alec Baldwin has signed on to co-host Turner Classic Movies' The Essentials, a weekly analysis of a classic movie with co-host Robert Osborne. The show, which airs every Saturday at 8 p.m., most recently featured actress Rose McGowan, and before her Carrie Fisher and Molly Haskell shared the duties with Osborne.
It's one of my favorite TCM programs, giving the hosts a chance to set up a great movie, offer commentary and stimulate conversation. Considering the fact that Alec is very opinionated and pretty funny, he should add a lot to The Essentials.
There aren't a lot of TV shows that I can watch with my kids and enjoy them. They love crap on the Disney Channel and I love The Daily Show. While we both love Spongebob, I can only see the same episode so many times.
One show that seems to hold up for all of us is The Flintstones. The kids especially like the later episodes with Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 10 Finale Photos: The Final Rose
- 'Mistresses' Episode 2.9 Photos: Toni Has News for Dom
- 'Big Brother 16' Week 4: Cody's HoH Photos
- 'Big Brother 16' Recap: Brittany's Bad Day and Cody's Bad Decision
- 15 Reasons to Attend Comic-Con with the Gang from 'The Big Bang Theory'
- More From BuddyTV
- Dominion's Roxanne McKee Teases Big Changes: 'Claire's Innocence Is Lost'
- New Girl Scoop: Jessica Biel Cast as Jess' New Nemesis
- Game Night Preview: 'What People Help Their Necks to Be Not Cold'?
- Arrow Season 3: Scoop on Roy's New Role, Sara's Status, the Baby and More
- TVLine Items: CSI: Cyber Adds 'Fat Neil,' Top Model Moves and More
- More From TVLine