But WE know what the real problem is – he's driving a Toyota. That company just can't catch a break anywhere.
Watch the video after the jump.
Toyoda (yeah, we're not sure how the name fits in either) appeared on 'Larry King Live' (weeknights, 9PM ET on CNN) to offer his condolences to the families affected by Toyota's vast problems, which seem to be multiplying every day.
Watch the video after the jump.
All kidding aside, I like how this commercial appeals to the immature masochistic side of me. I'm talking about the side that would like to get on a big wheel on a steep hill with little to no padding and roll with only a few bails of hay resting between me and imminent death.
That's seems to be the demographic Toyota is shooting for here, and I'll be damned if they didn't nail it.
I wrote about a few of these commercials over at Adjab recently, but I have to mention more of them here because they are really starting to get to me.
Have you ever noticed that TV commercials that run during the summer are particularly annoying? It's not just the actual content of the ads (though that can be quite irritating), it's the number of times that a commercial is repeated during June, July, and August. Toyota can't just have a one or two week sale, they have to have a damn Toyotathon that lasts all summer, so we have to hear that "Let's go for a ride, feel the sunshine, let's go for a ride in the summertime" song 300 times a day. Dunkin' Donuts doesn't just have a few summer drinks, they now have summer drinks for every situation and personality, and America runs because of them, so these ads run 200 times a day.
Now, some of this might be because I get paid to watch TV for a living and watch a lot more of it than most people, but I think that even the most casual TV viewer sees these ads over and over and over again, to the point that they want to change the channel. Have you noticed that summertime ads run a gazillion times a day?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.20 Photos: Tony and Zoe Partner Up for a Case
- 'Revenge' Episode 4.19 Photos: What New Secrets Will Victoria Uncover?
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Live Blog: Latin Night and the Second Elimination
- 'Scandal' Episode 4.18 Photos: OPA Helps a Congressman's Father
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Finale: 22 Moments of Despair and a Bit of Hope from 'Conquer'
- More From BuddyTV
- Nashville Pics: 'Deyna' in Despair, Juliette's Baby Shower of Fury
- Reality Check: Who's Rising (and Falling) on American Idol? Plus: Best Season of The Voice Ever?
- Arrow/Flash Spinoff Swoops In and Casts Pippin Star as Hawkgirl
- Finding Carter Stars Tease Lori's Plan, Crash's Return & More Season 2 Twists
- Forever Sneak Peek: Jo Gets Punk'd During Her Date With Isaac
- More From TVLine
- Shailene Woodley Eats Bugs, Calls Insects the 'Future of Food'
- 8 Reasons Trevor Noah Is a Worthy Successor to Take Over 'The Daily Show'
- Scott Eastwood Confirms 'Suicide Squad' Role to ET
- Ringo Starr Talks Zayn Malik Leaving One Direction: 'The Pressure Is More Now'
- 'The Walking Dead' Boss Talks Glenn's Near-Death, Rick's Reunion and 'Psychotic' Wolves
- More From ET