South Park creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker have had to fight quite a few battles over the last several months, from the "Bloody Mary" episode that upset some Catholics to the two-part "Cartoon Wars" episode that was censored by Comedy Central. The two creators had become so fed up they almost walked after the network pulled the "Trapped in the Closet" episode that skewered both Scientology and its most vocal supporter, Tom Cruise. Rumors were abound as to why the episode was pulled, with some, including Parker and Stone, claiming Cruise himself had a hand in it. Well, whatever reason the network might have had is apparently no longer relevant because the episode will return on July 19. No word on whether those censored images of Muhammad from "Cartoon Wars" will ever be seen, though. Of course, you could always just watch the opening credits for that.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Ratings: Ninja Warrior Tops Memorial Day, Up From Previous Premiere
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Gotham, Major Crimes, Wayward Pines, Extant, Hannibal, Defiance, Lumen and More
- Reality Check: Does Adam Levine Need a Voice Vacation? Plus: Six Critical Tweaks for Idol's Final Season!
- Former Bunhead Emma Dumont Talks Coming of Age in NBC's Aquarius
- Ratings: Battle Creek Flat With Series Finale, NASCAR Dominates Night
- More From TVLine
- Kendall Jenner Dating Nicole Scherzinger's Ex Lewis Hamilton? Spotted Wearing His Chain
- Kanye West Posts Sweet Anniversary Tweet for Kim Kardashian
- Dwayne Johnson Breaks Selfie World Record
- Carrie Underwood Celebrates 10th Anniversary of Her 'American Idol' Win with Flashback Photo
- Celebrities in Their Underwear
- More From ET