April 17, 2014
by Allison Waldman, posted Feb 2nd 2009 9:25PM
(S02E12) "The cell is mightier than the sword, or the very large knife." -- Chuck
There were some funny bits in this episode of Chuck. There were also some good bits of plot development. Still, for what was being promoted as a spotlight show, including the novelty of 3-D, it's hard for me to sing the praises of tonight's episode. It just left a lot to be desired. What it did leave me with is a headache.
Before getting into the particulars, let's get the 3-D thing out of the way. It was terrible. Joel wrote about this a few days ago, and he was right. The 3-D glasses were cumbersome and lame. They also seemed too dark because instead of the effects popping, they just seemed murky and dim. I give NBC credit for trying to think outside the box, but 3-D is not the answer for how to make TV viewing more exciting. Compared to high-def, 3-D is not awesome, just annoying.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- American Idol Top 7 Performance Recap: Filler Queen [Updated]
- Arrow's Truths Come Out — Were You Surprised?
- S.H.I.E.L.D. First Look: Cobie Smulders' Agent Hill Finds an Ally, Amy Acker Guest-Stars
- Exclusive Community Season Finale Sneak Peek: Are Jeff and Britta Finally Saying 'I Do'?
- Exclusive: Banshee Promotes 2 to Series Regular
- More From TVLine
- 'Real Housewives Of Atlanta' Star Porsha Williams Charged With Battery After Fight with Kenya Moore
- 'Heaven is For Real': The Boy the Book is Based on Details Near Death Experience
- After Long Separation, Will Arnett Files For Divorce From Amy Poehler
- FIRST LOOK: ET's 'Dream It … Do It' Helps Stars Take On Their Bucket Lists
- How Tori Spelling Found Out About Husband's Cheating
- More From ET