Even cooler, the "info cloud" he enters in order to accomplish this looks just like the cyberworld from 'Tron.' It's amazing that Disney knew so much about this world inside the information superhighway.
Hodgman looked a lot like Jay Maynard, the Tron Guy, who most recently tried out for 'America's Got Talent.' But unlike Maynard, Hodgman proved he has real skills in the Tron world. However, we think maybe a future cyber-duel between these two spandex-clad titans of the web is in order.
"Amber is scared," Shawn Portwood, Amber's brother, told E! Online. "Gary is here with us. He's upset, too."
Portwood's legal trouble comes after MTV camera crews filmed her hitting Gary Shirley in front of their daughter. The 'Teen Mom' footage was subpoenaed from MTV after Indiana authorities received complaints from Child Protective Services.
Though Portwood already posted $5,000 bail, she has to remain in jail for a 24-hour hold, she . According to her brother, Amber was picked up just before a family Christmas celebration.
In other TV news ...
• The blizzard in the Northeast has affected the Nielsen ratings. The snow caused NBC to cancel 'Sunday Night Football' for the night, sinking the network in ratings. Fox won the night with reruns of its animation comedy block. [Live Feed]
• The upcoming 'Tron' animated series will bridge the gap between 'Tron' and 'Tron: Legacy.' Adam Horowitz and Eddie Kitsis, 'Tron: Legacy' screenwriters, are involved with the series and confirmed it will be considered in continuity. [Box Office Magazine]
• 'Modern Family' star Rico Rodriguez has launched a clothing line. Rodriguez, who plays Manny on the ABC hit, partnered with his sister to launch RAR It Fitz Fashions. [Movieline]
Rinna was among one of the more than 500 women who came out to audition for the Bravo reality series. Other famous names who didn't make the cut include Marla Maples, Shawn King and Alana Stewart.
Don't feel too sorry for Rinna, she's got her TV Land reality series and is part of the new 'Celebrity Apprentice.' However, it would be fun to see her tangle with some of those 'Beverly Hills' ladies.
In other TV news ...
• Disney XD is working on an animated 'Tron' series. The network has ordered 'Tron: Uprising' for summer 2012. The voice cast includes big names such as Elijah Wood, Mandy Moore, Paul Reubens,Emmanuelle Chriqui, Nate Corddry and Lance Henriksen. Bruce Boxleitner is also on board as Tron. [Variety]
• NBC is planning a sitcom around comedian Russell Peters. The show will loosely follow Peters' family life. [Variety]
• HBO's 'Tilda' has added three new executive producers. The Diane Keaton comedy has added Alan Poul and writers Alexa Junge and John Hoffman as executive producers. [Deadline Hollywood]
Watch the video after the jump.
Fans awaiting 'Tron Legacy', the upcoming 3D sequel to the 1982 cult flick, have already gotten a taste of the studio's elaborate viral marketing campaign for the film. Thanks to positive fan reaction to the campaign and the movie's teaser trailer, Disney is prepping a big merchandising push and new theme park attractions for the (surprisingly) hot 28-year-old sci-fi franchise.
So what's next for 'Tron'? A TV show, of course.
Blue Sky Digital is reporting that a computer-animated TV series set in the world of 'Tron Legacy' is in the works. According to the site, the show will serve as a "placeholder" to tide fans over between big screen 'Tron' projects.
Even though TV Squad's very own John Scott Lewinski is fighting his way through hordes of overweight Rorschachs and pre-pubescent Chun Lis to get exclusive interviews and scoops on the newest TV news at the San Diego Comic Con, don't forget that our partners-in-crime from Cinematical are also there covering the latest flim-flam in film.
The movie side of the annual pop-culture cavalcade opened with one of the biggest names in the history of film and what could very well be one of the biggest names in the future of film. Director James Cameron screened a solid 25 minutes of his forthcoming sci-fi epic Avatar. Blogger Todd Gilchrist got a hint of the plot and special effects movie-goers can expect when the film hits theaters later this year and said it "promises to be both hugely entertaining and technically groundbreaking." Man, that's got me worried. That's what they also said about Titanic.
"Dear Mr. President: You probably don't know me, but let me start by saying I love America and I've been happy to be of service to the NSA. However, recently, I've had some questions about my place. My rights, actually. Sir, you're a lawyer. Do I have any rights at all, like privacy? Like the ability to keep my family out of my work? Not that I'm complaining, but..."
Yes, I think Chuck is in a tough spot. Things have become too close for comfort, mixing up Chuck's spy biz with his family life.
And I think Big Mike and Morgan have bonded like father and son, which may or may not be such a good thing. More on all the developments on Chuck after the jump -- just in case you haven't watch yet.
Fortunately, there was also a lot more happening in Chuck's world as well, developments with Sarah, the Intersect, and his future roommate -- Sarah or Morgan. More on all that, after the jump.
This obituary doesn't go into Barnard Hughes' many years of television work, so I will.
Hughes starred in many TV shows over the years, including Blossom, The Cavanaughs, Mr. Merlin, Doc, As The World Turns, The Guiding Light, and had recurring roles on both All in the Family and The Bob Newhart Show. He guest starred in many shows since the 50s, including Hawaii Five-O, Lou Grant, The Love Boat, Cannon, Kraft Television Theater, Hotel, Tales From The Darkside, and Hotel. His most recent role, in 2000, was on Deadline. He also starred in the classic TV movie The UFO Incident.
Barnard's film roles included Tron, Oh, God!, Hamlet, Midnight Cowboy, First Monday in October, and The Lost Boys, and he was a critically-acclaimed theater actor as well, winning a Tony for Da and starring in Advise and Consent, A Majority of One, Hamlet, The Good Doctor, and many others. He died yesterday of natural causes.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'RHOA': Kandi Burruss Say Her Mom 'Wants What's Best for Her'
- 'The Amazing Race' Finale U-Turn Award: Fool Me Twice
- 'Revenge': Winners and Losers from 'Surrender'
- 'Nashville' Preview: 5 Compelling Reasons to Watch the Season 2 Midseason Finale
- [Video] 'Almost Human' Sneak Peek: Kennex Finds Out What's Down There
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Homeland' Season 3 episode 12 'The Star': How will the finale end?
- 'Bob's Burgers' honors 'Battlestar Galactica' 10th anniversary
- 'Bonnie & Clyde': Emile Hirsch 'was like, 'Sign me up!'
- TV ratings: 'Amazing Race' finale down, 'Family Guy' up Sunday
- Will 'Psych: The Musical' join 'Buffy,''Scrubs' as the top musical episodes of TV?
- More From Zap2it
- Friday Night Lights Movie Is Dead
- Killer Women Sexclusive: Tricia Helfer and Marc Blucas Strip Off Each Other's Guns (and More)
- Spoiler Alert!: Once Casting Quarrel, Scandal Bait and Switch, Bold Community, Castle Predictions
- Ratings: Amazing Race Hits Finale Low, Once and Three Fox 'Toons Rise, Betrayal Returns Down
- USA Network Moves Suits Back to Thursday, Sets Premiere Date for Psych Season 8
- More From TVLine