Truth or Consequences
(S02E02) "I mean, how can I not judge someone who creates their own harem and then tosses out the competition when they hit puberty?" - Foster
Already this is shaping up to be leaps and bounds ahead of season one of Lie to Me. The cases are more interesting, the writing is tighter, and most importantly, it's becoming far more personal for the employees of The Lightman Group. Every case has far more meaning when Cal and his team are in it for more than just a paycheck. That isn't to say that I'm against seeing cases like we saw in the season premiere with Erika Christensen, but finding out that Cal's daughter Emily has a connection to a statutory rape case he's investigating is far more compelling.
Well, not exactly. But considering the fact that a fair number of the jaded and grouchy critics actually applauded, well, that's probably the TCA equivalent of a standing O. Barker noticed this:
"On The Price is Right, I get a hell of a lot more applause than that." when a few more people applauded, he said, "I usually get a standing ovation," which led me and a few others to stand up. What the hell, the guy deserves it.
Well, I guess Bob was thinking the same thing, as he just announced that he will retire at the end of TPiR's current season, which tapes its last show in June. Coincidentally, it will also be the end of his 50th year on television (he hosted Truth or Consequences from 1956 to 1974). To him, those two anniversaries made it a good time to leave.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Glee' Quotes from 'The Hurt Locker, Part 2'
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.14 Photos: A Case Causes Tony to Flashback to His Days in Military School
- 'Grey's Anatomy': The 15 Most Bizarre Medical Cases
- 'Reign' Episode 2.13 Photos: Will Mary and Francis Reunite at the Winter's Ease Feast?
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- Performer of the Week: Kerry Washington
- TVLine Mixtape, Parenthood Edition: Your Fave Songs From All 6 Seasons
- Ratings: Shark Tank Slips, Dixie Drops, CBS and NBC Dramas Tick Down
- Pilots: CBS Adds David Shore/Bryan Cranston Drama, James Patterson Riff
- Pilots: ABC Orders Comedies About Johnny Knoxville, NBA Odd Couple, Genius Kids, Plus 4 Others
- More From TVLine
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's Bathtub Incident Is ‘No Coincidence,' Source Says
- Jay Z Is Buying Aspiro for How Much?
- Report: Whitney Houston's Daughter Found Unresponsive In Bathtub
- See the Time That Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Met President Obama
- Your Exclusive Puppy Bowl XI Preview: Live Scoring, Katty Furry & More
- More From ET