Robert Novak died Tuesday morning at the age of 78 from his bout with brain cancer.
The right-wing pundit was a journalist first as evidenced by his long stint in the ink stained world of newspaper reporting from his days as an Illinois sports stringer to his columns for the Chicago Sun-Times. But he's probably best remembered by audiences' eyeballs for his work as a TV pundit and his uncanny ability to make news as he reported it.
MSNBC is reportedly making a series of changes, amping up the political chatter. Considering how much politicking is going on now, including Tucker, it's hard to fathom how switching Carlson for Gregory is going to increase the discourse.
A gig on a show that counts itself as two of the top ten most watched programs every week certainly offers ample opportunities. But, like KISS said, there are two sides of the coin to choose from. So... after the jump, a look at those celebrities that have been somewhat less successful after their time in the ballroom.
- Do you remember the show Big Wave Dave's?
- Best Week Ever gives us The Reverse Savage.
- A lot of people want Tucker Carlson to be fired.
- More nasty news about Andy Dick.
- Singer Chris Brown takes his jacket off at The Today Show, causes a riot.
- Did you know Hugh Laurie was almost picked to host the Emmys?
- BuddyTV has some interesting info about the Jericho season one DVD set.
Back in April, Joel told you about the game show pilot that Tucker Carlson was filming for CBS. Back then it was titled Who Do You Trust?, which is the same name of the game show Johnny Carson had in the 1950s. I'm not sure why, but the title has been changed to Do You Trust Me? The network has ordered six episodes of the game show.
This isn't the only game show CBS has this fall. They also have Drew Carey's Power of 10.
(S05E18) And so ends a short, inconsistent, Family Guy season. I don't know if we should chalk it up to Seth MacFarlane being spread too thin with American Dad and The Winner to watch over, or just the show coming up on 100 episodes. Something just wasn't quite right at Family Guy HQ this season though.
FTVLive is reporting that there are rumors going around that two MSNBC personalities, Tucker Carlson and Rita Cosby, are being let go from the network. As we've told you earlier, NBC has laid off 700 people and MSNBC is going through a massive restructuring and Carlson and Cosby might be part of those changes (there are also reports that Keith Olbermann and Chris Matthews will be going over to CNBC and MSNBC will go to an all documentary and taped feature format).
Regardless of whether they're gone or not, I still think that making CNBC the news station for NBC is a good idea, if for one reason: they'll get out from under that "MS" in MSNBC and become their own news entity. There were rumors a year or so ago that NBC was going to end its association with Microsoft, but that hasn't happened yet. Maybe this could be the first step to rebranding. What does CNBC stand for anyway? Isn't it something like Cable NBC? If that's the case, the change makes sense.
[via TV Newser]
Anyway... Emmit and Cheryl get things started with the encore performance of their Cha Cha Cha from the previous night. They're followed up by Tom Jones performing 'It's Not Unusual' while Louis Van Amstell and Karina Smirnoff dance. My guess is that Mario & Karina didn't get the encore because she was already scheduled for this performance. And the producers know they have plenty of weeks left to give them an encore.
Tom Bergeron and Samantha Harris return as hosts. And if I can go off-topic for just a minute, I have to mention Breakfast Time. I've been a Bergeron fan since he hosted the best morning show that ever was. When Tom goes into the Hall of Fame he should be wearing his Breakfast Time cap. That said, they have eleven new stars ready to dance it up. Celebrity men danced the Cha Cha Cha while the women did the Fox Trot. Here are the couples and their results.
... Let me give you a second to process that.
Alright, I originally had no intention on watching this program -- didn't even bother with the first two seasons -- but now, my morbid fascination has compelled me to tune in. Will Tucker sport a bowtie? What if he ends up being a really hot dancer? Will he and Paul Begala re-unite as surprise dance partners? You got me good, ABC. You got me real good.
Gosh. I really can't believe this. It's like Carlson wants Jon Stewart to make fun of him now. Wasn't the infamous Crossfire throw-down enough? I'm going to have to hear the official announcements on Monday's Good Morning America before this really sinks in.
Tucker Carlson's recent comments about a 1985 attack by French militants on a Greenpeace ship which left one crew member dead have gotten him in a bit of trouble with Greenpeace, though being on cable may protect him from the FCC, which has no power over cable and satellite programs (The Situation with Tucker Carlson airs on MSNBC). Carlson used the tragedy to demonstrate his "objectively pro-France" stance. I have not seen the episode, or heard Carlson's comment in context. If anyone else heard it, feel free to ring in.
We told you yesterday about Wolf Blitzer's new CNN show The Situation Room and the comments that correpsondent Jack Cafferty made. TV Newser has the full transcript.
(And I'm sorry about using the word "disses." I'll try not to let that happen again.)
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.6 Photos: A Visit from April's Mom
- The 10 Best Looks of 'Project Runway' Season 13
- 'Reign' Episode 2.5 Photos: Will Greer Get Married?
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: One Team is Accused of Playing Dirty
- First Casualty of the Fall 2014 TV Season: ABC Cancels 'Manhattan Love Story'
- More From BuddyTV
- Constantine: Will You Go to Hell and Back for NBC's New Drama?
- Grimm Season 4 Premiere Recap: Trubel-ing Times
- ABC's Manhattan Love Story Is Fall TV Season's First Cancellation
- BSG's Tricia Helfer Suits Up as Harvey's Foe (and Lust Interest)
- The Originals Adds Everwood Alumna Debra Mooney as Werewolf Matriarch
- More From TVLine
- Renee Zellweger and 7 Other Stars Who Dramatically Changed Their Look
- One Direction Parties With Danny DeVito in ‘Steal My Girl' Music Video!
- Flashback: Before 'Honey Boo Boo' Got Famous
- Halle Berry vs. Britney Spears: Inside Look at Their Sexy Lingerie Lines
- Happy 30th Birthday Katy Perry! Watch Her Greatest ET Moments
- More From ET