Though the ink is now dry on a new deal that will bring Conan O'Brien to TBS , there are still a few plot threads which need to be tied up -- one of those being where O'Brien's production arm, Conaco, will reside.
Luckily, it looks like Warner Brothers TV will swing in to give the production house a new home.
Previously, Conaco was partnered with NBC Universal, but that agreement is ending in May. As Conan and NBCU didn't part on the nicest of terms, Conan needed to find another support base. Turner Broadcasting doesn't make production deals, so it was up to older sibling Warner Brothers TV to come in.
While the deal has yet to be signed, sources say that an agreement is imminent. Meanwhile, Conaco still has an untitled legal drama in the queue at NBC under its current setup. Would it be considered irony if the drama got passed the pilot stage and became the biggest show on NBC since 'The Cosby Show?' Of course, that's if it even gets that far.
Cartoon Network will extend their crazy popular Adult Swim block into 9 p.m. Eastern time starting next year, January 2011.
Turner Animation president Stu Snyder said the decision to expand the block is "100 percent a reflection on the success of Adult Swim as a brand."
[via Pop Candy]
It must be hard to draw in the kind of ratings the average television executive expects (average=viewers who are willing to commit mass suicide if they miss a rerun of Chico and the Man) when you're anchored to one theme or genre. But it's not impossible.
One network that seems very close to giving up entirely is the Cartoon Network. According to the Los Angeles Times, CN's new lineup of live-action, reality-based programming is tanking in the ratings and rumors are swirling that the CN may drop the "C" in its name. Does the head of Radio Shack now work for the Cartoon Network?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 6.12 Photos: The Merge and Steroline at the Hospital
- Best 'Originals' Quotes from 'Brotherhood of the Damned'
- 'Sleepy Hollow': 18 Moments of Hawley's Loyalties and Ichabbie's Fractured Bond from 'Kali Yuga'
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta': Brandi Glanville Disses Kyle Richards and Kenya Moore
- 'The Flash' Interview: Candice Patton on Iris' New Job and Love Life
- More From BuddyTV
- HTGAWM EP Teases 'Murder Night' Fallout, Connor's 'Changed' Sex Life and Michaela's Wedding Woes
- Pilot News: CBS Orders Code Black Drama, Based on ER Documentary
- Togetherness Renewed for Season 2
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Scandal, Walking Dead, Glee, HTGAWM, Hannibal, NCIS, S.H.I.E.L.D. and More
- Save the Dates: 40+ February Premieres, Returns and Finales
- More From TVLine
- Kim Kardashian on 15-Pound Weight Gain: I'm Seeing a Nutritionist
- Taylor Swift's Social Media Hacked; Denies Existence of Nude Pics
- Seattle Seahawks Star Marshawn Lynch Sings in Rare Interview With ET!
- Victoria's Secret and Carl's Jr. Premiere Sexy Super Bowl Commercials—But Are They Too Much?
- Watch This Teacher and His Students Perform an Entire Dance Routine to 'Uptown Funk'
- More From ET