March 9, 2014
by Bob Sassone, posted Oct 6th 2007 10:26AM
What's happening on other blogs via the interweb.
- FOX gives JJ Abrams $10 million to make a sci-fi pilot for the network titled Fringe.
- There are 26 crime dramas on TV right now. Radar helps you pick which one to watch.
- Jerry Seinfeld gives 30 Rock a slight ratings boost.
- Something Old, Something News has video of the classic SCTV parody The Cisco Kid.
- More evidence that Jimmy Fallon will take over Conan's spot in 2009.
- Oh, this is funny. Remember I told you about the hot women of Fox Business Network? They've changed the site!
- Hey, remember UPN and The WB? Ah, the olden days.
by Bob Sassone, posted Sep 23rd 2007 1:59PM
What's happening on other blogs via the interweb:
- Campbell Brown's new CNN show is going to premiere in February, not November.
- Former TV Newser editor Brian Stelter has a new TV blog at the NY Times site, TV Decoder.
- George Clooney had to go to the ER the other day.
- Jaime Weinman has some interesting trivia about Phyllis (and video from the show too).
- Cracked picks the 10 most deranged sidekicks, including Smithers from The Simpsons and Tattoo from Fantasy Island.
- Will Maya Rudolph return to Saturday Night Live when the new season starts next weekend?
- Buddy TV has an interview with Chicken from Survivor: China.
by Bob Sassone, posted Sep 2nd 2007 2:15PM
- Do you remember the show Big Wave Dave's?
- Best Week Ever gives us The Reverse Savage.
- A lot of people want Tucker Carlson to be fired.
- More nasty news about Andy Dick.
- Singer Chris Brown takes his jacket off at The Today Show, causes a riot.
- Did you know Hugh Laurie was almost picked to host the Emmys?
- BuddyTV has some interesting info about the Jericho season one DVD set.
by Bob Sassone, posted Aug 25th 2007 12:39PM
- So Rick Springfield's character was supposed to perform on General Hospital but got injured, so his identical twin sang instead? Huh?
- TV Newser has five questions for CNN's John Roberts. On a related note, here's video of Roberts in the 80s as MacGyver-ish VJ, interviewing Stan Ridgway.
- Yes, this really is Spike from Buffy The Vampire Slayer.
- New Mexico is investigating Kid Nation, but CBS says it didn't break any laws.
- Did an HBO show convince a football star to sign his contract?
- Tim Goodman wonders, what are the best TV shows about school?
- On the CSI shows, sex = death.
by Bob Sassone, posted Aug 18th 2007 9:09AM
- The secret that everyone already knew.
- Hurricane Dean is coming, and that means the news networks are going crazy.
- Get ready for a ton of "How are Katie Couric and Meredith Vieira doing one year later?" stories (Sept. 5 for Katie, the following week for Meredith).
- Paris Hilton has a new line of children's clothing.
- Here's video of Alex Trebek screwing up on the Jeopardy! set and swearing.
- The art of the TV Mashup.
- Jaime Weinman shows up some of TV's most depressing intros.
by Bob Sassone, posted Aug 4th 2007 11:00AM
- Good Morning America's Robin Roberts had surgery yesterday and is already home.
- Now Trump says he never offered Rosie money to be on Celebrity Apprentice. Whatever.
- A clip from an old IFC show called Split Screen, where Christopher Walken teaches you how to cook.
- Jerry Seinfeld's secret to productivity.
- Henry Rollins on freedom and the web.
- Brian Williams and Katie Couric blog about the Minneapolis bridge collapse.
- Matt Roush on the cancellation of The Dresden Files.
by Bob Sassone, posted Jul 29th 2007 1:40PM
- Please, no more Top 10 Simpsons lists.
- Never mind House, watch this Hugh Laurie show instead.
- The Bastard Machine drinks a lot of booze at the TCA Press Tour.
- A police officer follows MSNBC's Mika Brzezinski to work.
- EW has an interview with "Shark Week" host Les Stroud.
- Lost Remote has coverage and reaction to that horrible crash involving two Phoenix TV helicopters.
- Andy Milonakis on Paris and Lindsay.
by Bob Sassone, posted Jul 21st 2007 1:29PM
- Is ABC's Dean Reynolds going over to CBS?
- There's a Mad Men blog over at AMC's web site.
- Best Week Ever picks the 10 Best Simpsons endings of all time.
- Speaking of The Simpsons, here's an interview with Matt Groening.
- Was Lost really snubbed when it comes to Emmy nominations?
- I saw this commercial last night and I thought it was odd: why is Naomi Campbell suddenly a spokesperson for Dunkin' Donuts?
- Five sitcom dances you can do at your next party.
by Bob Sassone, posted Jul 8th 2007 12:24PM
- Aaron Brown's contract with CNN ended last week, and now he can talk. Here's part one of his interview with TV Newser, and here's part two (parts three and four coming this week).
- Gordon Ramsay says the parents of fat kids should be hauled off to court and fined.
- A woman has filed a paternity suit against ER's Goran Visnjic.
- Fans are mounting a bring back The Black Donnellys campaign, a la Jericho fans.
- Catherine Crier might be gone from Court TV, but she's blogging over at The Huffington Post.
- In the middle of a summer of reruns, Martha Stewart suddenly has new shows starting July 16.
- What is The Dynamite Action Squad?
by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 30th 2007 3:32PM
- Peter Jennings helped a lot of people to quit smoking.
- Aaron over at TV Barn calls John From Cincinnati "truly baffling."
- There's something truly wrong with Ann Coulter.
- Kevin Eubanks is one sexy vegetarian.
- Katee Sackhoff hates the original Battlestar Galactica.
- Watching Wimbledon this week? Check out ESPN.com's blog.
- TV Guide.com lists the Top 30 Cult Shows of All-Time. Can Star Trek and Lost be considered "cult" shows?
by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 23rd 2007 3:33PM
- Now both NBC and Barbara Walters have said no to a Paris Hilton interview.
- Nicole Richie might be going to jail too.
- It's a good thing Steve Carell has that day job over at The Office.
- A funny list of TV pilots that didn't make it.
- Here's a whole gallery of photos from Pamela Anderson's DirectTV commercial shoot.
- BuddyTV has an interview with Traveler's Matthew Bomer.
- Stephen Colbert has some thoughts on that condom ad rejected by CBS and FOX.
by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 2nd 2007 3:35PM
- Two guys play the Beverly Hills, 90210 theme on one guitar.
- More talk about a merger between CBS and CNN.
- This fall's new shows can teach you a lot about life.
- The season is over, so why not catch up on some reading?
- Star airbrushes Jennifer Aniston.
- Rate the season at AOL Television's Best and Worst poll.
- Mo Rocca hangs out with Former President Bill Clinton.
by Bob Sassone, posted May 27th 2007 10:31AM
- Best Week Ever interviews Michael Emerson (Ben from Lost).
- Do all those "Save [Show Name Here]" campaigns really work?
- Another celeb interview: BuddyTV interviews James Kyson Lee (Ando from Heroes).
- Yes, Trump did indeed have something to say about Rosie leaving The View early.
- How many lawsuits have been filed against Brandy anyway?
- TV Guide's Matt Roush calls Hidden Palms "The O.C. meets Hitchcock."
- Here are the May sweeps ratings for the evening news (hint: Katie is still in third place).
- Cracked lists the 15 Painfully Unforgettable Cartoon Theme Songs.
by Bob Sassone, posted May 20th 2007 10:23AM
- I guess Bill and Geraldo have made up.
- Best Week Ever lists the Top 15 Sexiest Nerd Boys, then readers weigh in on the Sexiest Nerd Boys they forgot. And hopefully that's the last time I have to type the phrase "Sexist Nerd Boys."
- Aaron Barnhart gives a rundown of what we learned at last week's network upfronts.
- Radar has a gallery of stars giving the finger, including David Schwimmer, Paris and Nicky Hilton, and Jeremy Piven.
- Anne Heche's divorce is starting to get nasty.
- PETA dumps something on Gordon Ramsay's doorstep (and I do mean "dumps").
by Bob Sassone, posted May 13th 2007 9:14AM
- Just in time for Mother's Day, Buzz Sugar lists some memorable TV mothers and daughters.
- Bobby Brown is suing Whitney Houston.
- Growing Pains star Kirk Cameron goes on Nightline to prove that God exists.
- Maxim picks the worst TV series endings of all-time.
- Don Imus might want $200 million from CBS.
- CNN International says that Bush resigned. Ooops!
- Megan over at TVGuide.com really likes Criss Angel (and he has a new book out too).
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Lena Dunham hosts 'Saturday Night Live': Liam Neeson, Jon Hamm, Fred Armisen show up for surprise cameos
- 'True Detective' Season 1 crib sheet: All you need to know before the finale
- 'Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey': President Barack Obama to introduce FOX special
- Showtime's 'Gucci: The Director' gives a close-up view of Gucci creative director Frida Giannini's vision and life
- 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars' Season 6 debuts on Netflix: Did the final season tie up all the loose ends?
- More From Zap2it
- Lena Dunham Hosts Saturday Night Live: What Were the Best and Worst Sketches?
- Louis C.K. Set for Saturday Night Live Encore
- Pilot News: Robert Patrick, Amy Sedaris and a Desperate Housewife Are Among Latest Castings
- Hot Video: In 24: Live Another Day, All Jack Must Stop Is a New 'World War'— Also: Is That…?!
- Pilot Scoop: Supernatural Spin-Off Gets a New Title, Casts Its Final Series Regular
- More From TVLine