10. 'The O.C.'
"Welcome to the O.C., bitch," says snobby jock Luke (Chris Carmack) to poor newcomer Ryan (Benjamin McKenzie). "This is how it's done in Orange County." For that exchange alone, this episode belongs in the pilot Hall of Fame.
The cable network is close to greenlighting two police drama pilots, a project from Jerry Bruckheimer about young undercover officers and Bunker Hill starring Donnie Wahlberg (which actually already received an a pilot order).
TNT's certainly been a busy little bee, stacking up new series left and right. Besides these two pilots, they've got Time Heals, starring Jada Pinkett Smith as a hospital nursing director; Night and Day, with William Fichtner playing an agent for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms; and Men of a Certain Age, a dramedy featuring Ray Romano, Scott Bakula and Andre Braugher.
- Now both NBC and Barbara Walters have said no to a Paris Hilton interview.
- Nicole Richie might be going to jail too.
- It's a good thing Steve Carell has that day job over at The Office.
- A funny list of TV pilots that didn't make it.
- Here's a whole gallery of photos from Pamela Anderson's DirectTV commercial shoot.
- BuddyTV has an interview with Traveler's Matthew Bomer.
- Stephen Colbert has some thoughts on that condom ad rejected by CBS and FOX.
In this roundup of all the latest casting and pilot news, it says that ER star Shane West has been added to the cast of Supreme Courtships, a new FOX comedy that really has to get a new title before it hits the air.
Hmmm...does that mean he's leaving the NBC drama? Not that all pilots get picked up of course, but just the fact that he's starring in the pilot is interesting. I think when he joined ER it wasn't supposed to be a long term role. But now it seems like he's smack dab in the middle of all the action at the hospital: concentrating on his medical career instead of his music, being in a possible triangle with Gates and Neela, etc.
In other casting news,
The Nine's Daybreak's Adam Baldwin has joined the cast of NBC's Chuck, and LL Cool J will play a cop in CBS' Anthony Zuiker (CSI) drama The Man.
[via TV Tattle]
Forbe's also lists the Top 10 Failed Pilots, and while it doesn't include Samurai (with Riptide's Joe Penny as a lawyer by day, sword-wielding superhero by night!), it does include Ethel Is An Elephant, about a guy who moves into a NYC apartment with an elephant roommate; Poochinski, with Peter Boyle as a cop who is killed on duty and comes back as a dog; Rewrite For Murder, with George Clooney and Pam Dawber as mystery writers; Wil Wheaton in 13 Thirteenth Avenue, about a kid who moves into a new apartment building and has vampires and werewolves as neighbors (!), and L.A. Confidential, a TV version of the movie, with Kiefer Sutherland! Wow, I actually would have loved to have seen that.
[via TV Tattle]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 11: Top 14 Performance Rankings
- August 2014: Don't Miss These 15 TV Shows and Events
- 'Real Housewives' Roundup: NeNe's New Gig, Kristen's Marriage and All-New 'Wives
- 'Teen Wolf' Interview: Dylan O'Brien and Shelley Hennig Tease a Rocky Future for Stiles and Malia
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Team America's 4th Mission
- More From BuddyTV
- Sharknado 2 Takes Much Bigger Chomp Out of Ratings, Up 180% Vs. Original
- Emmys Poll 2014: Who Should Win Best Supporting Actress in a Drama?
- TVLine Items: SNL Alum Visits B99, Scandal, CSI Castings and More
- Rectify Sneak Peek: See What Inspires Amantha to Scream 'Eff That!'
- Girls Courts Spike Jonze for Guest-Starring Role in Season 4
- More From TVLine
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Explains Why He's No Longer Friends with Kirstie Alley
- Happy Birthday, Harry Potter! Daniel Radcliffe Is Wickedly Adorable In This #TBT
- Katy Perry Celebrates the Good Life in Trippy 'This Is How We Do' Video
- Lady Gaga: My Clothes Have a Soul and I Can See It
- Robin Roberts' Alleged Stalker Arrested, ABC Reacts
- More From ET