10. 'The O.C.'
"Welcome to the O.C., bitch," says snobby jock Luke (Chris Carmack) to poor newcomer Ryan (Benjamin McKenzie). "This is how it's done in Orange County." For that exchange alone, this episode belongs in the pilot Hall of Fame.
The cable network is close to greenlighting two police drama pilots, a project from Jerry Bruckheimer about young undercover officers and Bunker Hill starring Donnie Wahlberg (which actually already received an a pilot order).
TNT's certainly been a busy little bee, stacking up new series left and right. Besides these two pilots, they've got Time Heals, starring Jada Pinkett Smith as a hospital nursing director; Night and Day, with William Fichtner playing an agent for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms; and Men of a Certain Age, a dramedy featuring Ray Romano, Scott Bakula and Andre Braugher.
- Now both NBC and Barbara Walters have said no to a Paris Hilton interview.
- Nicole Richie might be going to jail too.
- It's a good thing Steve Carell has that day job over at The Office.
- A funny list of TV pilots that didn't make it.
- Here's a whole gallery of photos from Pamela Anderson's DirectTV commercial shoot.
- BuddyTV has an interview with Traveler's Matthew Bomer.
- Stephen Colbert has some thoughts on that condom ad rejected by CBS and FOX.
In this roundup of all the latest casting and pilot news, it says that ER star Shane West has been added to the cast of Supreme Courtships, a new FOX comedy that really has to get a new title before it hits the air.
Hmmm...does that mean he's leaving the NBC drama? Not that all pilots get picked up of course, but just the fact that he's starring in the pilot is interesting. I think when he joined ER it wasn't supposed to be a long term role. But now it seems like he's smack dab in the middle of all the action at the hospital: concentrating on his medical career instead of his music, being in a possible triangle with Gates and Neela, etc.
In other casting news,
The Nine's Daybreak's Adam Baldwin has joined the cast of NBC's Chuck, and LL Cool J will play a cop in CBS' Anthony Zuiker (CSI) drama The Man.
[via TV Tattle]
Forbe's also lists the Top 10 Failed Pilots, and while it doesn't include Samurai (with Riptide's Joe Penny as a lawyer by day, sword-wielding superhero by night!), it does include Ethel Is An Elephant, about a guy who moves into a NYC apartment with an elephant roommate; Poochinski, with Peter Boyle as a cop who is killed on duty and comes back as a dog; Rewrite For Murder, with George Clooney and Pam Dawber as mystery writers; Wil Wheaton in 13 Thirteenth Avenue, about a kid who moves into a new apartment building and has vampires and werewolves as neighbors (!), and L.A. Confidential, a TV version of the movie, with Kiefer Sutherland! Wow, I actually would have loved to have seen that.
[via TV Tattle]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'iZombie' Series Premiere Photos: How to Live Like a Zombie
- 'American Idol' Season 14: Top 8 Guys Performance Rankings
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 20 Official Couples Photos
- 'American Crime' Review: ABC's New Gritty Drama Tackles Race and Social Class
- Best 'Suits' Quotes from Season 4 Finale
- More From BuddyTV
- Sylvester Stallone's The Expendables to Become Event Series at Fox
- The Simpsons First Look: Cat Deeley Gets Animated! Plus: The SYTYCD Host Shares an LOL Seacrest Zinger!
- Revenge Sneak Peek: Margaux Gets Emily Right Where She Wants Her
- Ratings: Empire Breaks 14 Million, Idol Drops, CSI: Cyber Solid, Middle Rises
- Banshee Penultimate Season 3 Sneak Peek: Job's Cover Blown!
- More From TVLine
- Jared Leto Debuts Platinum Hair at Paris Fashion Week Just Like Kim Kardashian
- Adam Sandler and Bob Barker Reignite 'Happy Gilmore' Feud
- This Kid Made the Weirdest, Most Wonderful Bar Mitzvah Invite (but His Brother Steals the Show)
- Demi Lovato on Possible Eminem Collaboration: ‘I Can Relate to Him on Being in Recovery'
- Kim Kardashian Confession: 'I Have the Hairiest Forehead You Could Ever Imagine'
- More From ET