It's not a show about nothing, but Jerry Seinfeld is coming back to your TV set. This time, he's exec producing an NBC reality series about marriage problems. Only it's not a drama, it's a comedy.
The Marriage Ref will feature celebrities, comedians and sports stars offering their advice to real-life couples in the midst of marital woes. Oh good grief, there's so much wrong with this concept. Where to begin ...
First of all, I'd like nothing more than to see Jerry Seinfeld on my TV again. But after being so successful in the sit-com arena, why for the love of God would he even think about stooping so low as to helm a reality series.
Second, marriage problems aren't funny. Sure, we laughed at Lucy and Ricky's squabbles and Ralph threatening Alice with "to the moon!" But these were situation comedies, not reality shows.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- [Video] 'Dance Moms' Preview: Kalani's Mom Invites a New Dance Coach to the ALDC
- 'Scream' Review: Does MTV's New Slasher Series Live Up to the Movie Franchise?
- 'Zoo' Review: A New Summer Drama That Leaves Something to Be Desired
- 'RHONYC' Marks 100th Episode with Epic Meltdown
- Is Gretchen Rossi Returning to 'The Real Housewives of Orange County'
- More From BuddyTV
- Blind Item: Will This Be the Fall's Most Divisive Television Event?
- Ratings: Whispers Slips to Season Lows
- Fall TV: NCIS vs. Stamos vs. Muppets, and Tuesday's Other DVR Dilemmas
- Outlander Casts Harry Potter Actress as Season 2's Mother Hildegarde
- Wayward Pines Video: Will Kate Help Ethan Defuse an Explosive Situation?
- More From TVLine
- NSFW! Chrissy Teigen Goes Topless for 'W,' Fights With Instagram to Post It
- Caitlyn Jenner Steps Out In NYC Wearing Figure-Hugging Black Bandage Dress
- 13 Hollywood Hotties Who Should Bring Their Magic to the Next 'Magic Mike'
- Double Take! Kris Jenner Copies Justin Bieber's Style!
- Lori Loughlin Shows Off Amazing Abs at 50
- More From ET