It's not a show about nothing, but Jerry Seinfeld is coming back to your TV set. This time, he's exec producing an NBC reality series about marriage problems. Only it's not a drama, it's a comedy.
The Marriage Ref will feature celebrities, comedians and sports stars offering their advice to real-life couples in the midst of marital woes. Oh good grief, there's so much wrong with this concept. Where to begin ...
First of all, I'd like nothing more than to see Jerry Seinfeld on my TV again. But after being so successful in the sit-com arena, why for the love of God would he even think about stooping so low as to helm a reality series.
Second, marriage problems aren't funny. Sure, we laughed at Lucy and Ricky's squabbles and Ralph threatening Alice with "to the moon!" But these were situation comedies, not reality shows.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Scandal: Shonda Rhimes Teases MIA Olivia's New Direction, Stands By Fitz
- Jane the Virgin Casts Rita Moreno as Rogelio's Glam Mother
- Salem Season 2 Gets Premiere Date — Plus: See an Intense First Look Photo
- Sneak Peek: Backstrom Reveals He's Been Bullied... and 'Squirreled'?
- TVLine Items: A Most Devious Return, J.K. Simmons' SNL Promos and More
- More From TVLine
- Nick Jonas Gets Candid About His Decision to Lose His Virginity
- GoDaddy Pulls Puppy Super Bowl Ad Following Backlash
- Chrissy Teigen Is Naked and Covered in Milk – But It's Not What You Think
- Madonna Crowns Taylor Swift a Princess of Pop
- Bruce Jenner's Gender Expression Reportedly Fueled 'Massive Arguments' With Kris Jenner
- More From ET