Uncle Croc Block
At the midpoint of the 1970s the Saturday morning schedule was remarkably different from what it was a mere five years before. Instead of featuring animated rock n' roll bands, animated mystery-solving teenagers and animated versions of Jerry Lewis, the 1975-76 schedule was filled with live-action series. Lots of live-action series.
In fact, about half of the new series to premiere this year were live action shows. Add those to existing series making return appearances and half of the 1975 Saturday morning schedule featured live actors and actresses. It would be a trend that would continue until the end of the decade and would give animated fare a run for their money.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- TNT Orders 1970s-Set 'Cocaine' Pilot From Jerry Bruckheimer, Michael Bay
- Castle's Season 7 Premiere: 12 Teasers
- Sanjay and Craig Video: Chris Hardwick Brings Craig to Life — Plus: New Clip
- NCIS: Los Angeles Season 6 Sneak Peek: Has Someone Hurt Hetty?!
- Bad Judge First Look: Kate Walsh Gets Wild With Ryan Hansen
- More From TVLine
- This Teacher Just Won $1 Million on 'Wheel of Fortune'
- Date Night! Jennifer Lawrence Attends Coldplay Concert
- Miley Cyrus Twerks on Mexican Flag, Now Under Investigation
- Kenny Chesney Talks 'The Big Revival,' Writing About Women and Taylor Swift's Pop Crossover
- You Need to See What Connie Britton's Hair Looked Like in the '80s
- More From ET