The cast is full of fresh faces; the most famous name among the regulars is former 'Saturday Night Live' player Tim Meadows, as the awkward Professor Haines.
But can 'Glory Daze' succeed where other college comedies and dramas -- many others -- have failed? Though series set in leafy quads would seem to be limiting themselves to a four-year run, it could take the Hayes University screw-ups of 'Glory Daze' a decade to graduate.
Let's review some of TV's most memorable attempts to bring higher ed to the small screen. You'll be tested on this later.
Now, it's returned. IFC will begin airing reruns of the Judd Apatow-produced Emmy-winning series about '80s suburban high school life starting Fri., Jul. 2 at 11PM ET, with encores 10PM Sundays and 11PM Mondays, according to the network.
IFC will also run the Apatow-helmed college comedy 'Undeclared' in the fall.
Created by Paul Feig and produced by Judd Apatow, 'Freaks and Geeks' is one of those rare television treasures that no one saw or appreciated until it was too late. Okay, that's unfair. Critics, the press and the loyal fans who did find the show on NBC immediately knew that it was something special. Unfortunately, it didn't find wide enough appeal to last beyond its first season.
Ironically, the show's cast of virtual unknowns now reads like an all-star comedy troupe, which is a testament to the brilliant casting that went on behind the scenes of the show. Finding such talented kids, and then coupling them with brilliant writing crafted on of the most revered television shows of all time.
To submit questions to the "Ask TV Squad" column, you can post them below in comments or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This week, I follow up on the last "Ask TV Squad" about TV shows on DVD and answer a question about which TV DVDs you should own.
One day in 2001, I was having lunch with a friend and we were talking about the new fall shows. We discussed shows that we thought weren't going to make it as well as shows we really enjoyed. Towards the end of the meal we started to discuss The Tick and how we were both excited to see the live version that was premiering later in the season. I remember turning to my friend and saying, "Isn't there another show premiering on FOX later in the season?" We couldn't think of which show it was and so went back to discussing The Tick.
The show we were trying to think of was The Bernie Mac Show and five years after The Tick had come and gone Bernie's show had become one of the funniest family sitcoms on television.
The beginning of fall will always mean one thing -- back-to-school season.
And in honor of this special time of year, we present you with a pop quiz all about TV schools.
Where did Felicity go to college? Was a baby ever born at Bayside High? Please keep your eyes on your own paper. Pencils out ... you may begin.
The video at the end of this post has a lot of swearing, so if that's not your thang, watch this instead.
We all know that Judd Apatow (Freaks and Geeks, Undeclared, Forty Year Old Virgin, Knocked Up) is a man who can do no wrong and who deserves our respect, adulation and fawning worship. However, no one has ever expressed his love for the man quite like Andy Milonakis (The Andy Milonakis Show).
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Arrow' Episode 3.5 Photos: Felicity's Origin Story
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Episode 7.9 Photos: Conflict and Heartache Strike SAMCRO
- 'The 100' Episode 2.3 Photos: Clarke and Anya Attempt an Escape
- 'Reign' Episode 2.6 Photos: Mary and Catherine on the Run
- Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Corpse at the Convention'
- More From BuddyTV
- Grimm Post Mortem: Claire Coffee on Vengeance, Vermin &'Gossipy' Wesen
- NBC Recast Scoop: Uma Thurman In, Mary-Louise Parker Out in The Slap
- Sharon Stone to Play Female Veep in TNT's Newly Greenlit Agent X
- Bad Judge and A to Z Cancelled by NBC
- The Originals Photos: Esther Tortures Elijah — Plus: Her Master Plan Revealed
- More From TVLine
- What Really Happened While Making ‘Honey Boo Boo'
- 30 Years Later, ‘CHiPs' Cast Reunites
- Snooki Opens Up About Her New Baby, Upcoming Wedding and Not Having Sex
- Child Services Investigating Honey Boo Boo's Family, Grandmother Says
- 19 Rules Everyone Should Follow on Halloween (Yes, That Means You Too)
- More From ET